9/19/10 Seattle Seahawks @ Denver Broncos

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
Key Stats (Defense): HAWKS – 2.6 YPC | 5.0 YPA, BRONCOS – 3.9 YPC | 8.1 YPA

A healthy SEA LB Lofa Tatupu makes a huge difference for the Seahawks defense. They suddenly look much tougher against the run, and DEN doesn’t have much upside with RB Knowshon Moreno leading the way. Don’t be surprised if QB Kyle Orton leans heavily towards a quick, short passing game with a lot of reps for WRs Eddie Royal (who looked great in Week 1) and Jabar Gaffney. SF would have had success doing the same at SEA if it had a capable QB and a No. 1 WR who actually played a little in the preseason and had a decent understanding of what his QB was doing. – The loss of DEN LB Elvis Dumervil was a huge hit to the DEN pass rush, and it was able to sack JAC QB David Garrard just once in Week 1. Time in the pocket is huge for SEA QB Matt Hasselbeck, and he should have his opportunities to develop a deeper rapport with comeback kid WR Mike Williams, who probably won’t see DEN CB Champ Bailey exclusively. SEA RB Justin Forsett still has the most upside in the SEA backfield, but that’s a small pie being split three ways – don’t over extend yourself on Forsett.

Kyle Orton, Eddie Royal

Knowshon Moreno, Jabar Gaffney, Matt Hasselbeck, Mike Williams, John Carlson, Seattle Defense, Denver Defense

Deion Branch

Sleeper: Brandon Lloyd

Key Injuries: SEA OG Max Unger (toe); SEA LT Russell Okung (ankle); DEN WR Demaryius Thomas (foot); DEN RT Ryan Harris (ankle)

Prediction: Seattle 24, Denver 21

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news;_ylt=AsLBtULBRbrGt1G1TWDj4EhDubYF?slug=bf-skinny_10week2

Feb 14, 2004
Denver without Elvis Dumervil is probably the best thing that could have happened for Hasselbeck in this game. Dumervil is a beast.

Mar 16, 2005
Brandon Lloyd's the sleeper? Really? lol

Must not have watched him lately then. Although I wouldnt call him sleep. sleeper would be more like eric decker or bey bey if they get in line up

Denver without Elvis Dumervil is probably the best thing that could have happened for Hasselbeck in this game. Dumervil is a beast.
DUMERVIL VS THE RUN GAME IS NOT A BEAST!

I like the kid I really do, but he is not worth the contract we gave him pre injury. huge liability outside of obvious pass downs.

May 9, 2002
Must not have watched him lately then. Although I wouldnt call him sleep. sleeper would be more like eric decker or bey bey if they get in line up
I forgot you guys got Decker. Dude is real good, but injury prone.

DUMERVIL VS THE RUN GAME IS NOT A BEAST!

I like the kid I really do, but he is not worth the contract we gave him pre injury. huge liability outside of obvious pass downs.
Dont worry, the Hawks OL is so bad at run blocking, it wouldn't matter regardless.

Mar 16, 2005
I forgot you guys got Decker. Dude is real good, but injury prone.

Dont worry, the Hawks OL is so bad at run blocking, it wouldn't matter regardless.
I like what I saw of him in camp and preseason, they just need to activate him. Im guessing its more of he needs to learn playbook before activating more often, esp being behing jabar, royal, lloyd

Feb 14, 2004
Broncos favored by 3 1/2 over Seahawks

The early betting line on the Seahawks' game Sunday is out and Denver is favored by 3 1/2 points, not surprising given their homefield advantage in the Mile High City.

Denver has won 10 straight home openers, the longest current streak in the league, and is 37-12-1 in franchise history. That .755 percentage is the best in the NFL.

The Broncos lost their season opener 24-17 at Jacksonville and have some of the same sort of offensive line issues the Seahawks are dealing with.

But the Seahawks have always had a tough time playing at Denver, where the Broncos have beaten Seattle six of the past seven meetings and are 5-20 all-time (4-19 at Mile High Stadium and 1-1 in the new Invesco Field).

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels spoke to Seattle reporters on a conference call this morning and said the Seahawks are a different team to plan for under coach Pete Carroll.

"Things happen in a hurry when you play them," he said, noting the Seahawk defense is obviously pushing for turnovers of the sort that changed Sunday's game against the 49ers in a quick 28-point burst in a seven-minute span last week. "They did a good job flipping that game."

McDaniel also said Tuesday's trade for veteran running back Laurence Maroney was a move to add depth behind Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter. Maroney has a slight thigh problem at the moment, so his addition likely won't affect this week's game.

The coach said quarterback Kyle Orton is "decidedly different" from last year now that he's had a year in the Broncos' system. Orton completed 21 of 33 passes for 295 yards with one TD and one interception in the loss at Jacksonville.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/archives/221467.asp

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
interesting game, hard to pick the winner, but Denver are heavy favourites on our sportsbet @ $1.45