811 & Ph.D. anyone ordered from BirdMine?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2003
Yes, the one shot one kill is most likely a reprint. I haven't ordered directly from them, but via cdbaby and amazon. the 1 shot 1 kill looked like a reprint judging from the slightly blurry cover art. Haven't checked any ring codes though.
Anyway it's a great album. Their follow up wasn't all that, but still OK.

Jan 27, 2006
someone from birdmine records was on here with an offer for both albums; buy one get the other free. I got one shot one kill from him but its still sealed. I can open and scan the ring code if anyone wants to compare? The artwork doesnt look blury to me.

Jan 30, 2004
i bought one off amazon a while back and it's a reprint, mine's still sealed but i can tell from the cover art cuz i had the OG too and there's a difference in print quality.

Jan 6, 2003
I got mine off amazon a couple of years ago. I am pretty confident that it is a reprint. It has the ring code 330427 02 IFPI LL 27 (tiny letters) and a bar code, plus it came with a more "modern" version of the grey plastic tray card where the small tabs securing the CD to the case are connected/bridged. they didn't make those in 96 fa sho... also, the cover art looks slightly blurred. It's an official reprint and not a bootleg. Swheat would you check your ring code please?

Jan 6, 2003
This one turns interesting. I dropped Birdmine a message on amazon yesterday and he claims that he sells original 1996 releases:

I sell the original 1996 release. My record company has been in business for many years.

"I own birdmine records.
All material is the original. I have not have to have any more made. I also have a new album out called Line of Site, which you can also look at."

This sounds promising. Still I checked from who I bought the CD in 2008... yup birdmine.. and compared to the picture from cobra427 I would guess that mine is a reprint because of the print quality and ring code. Anybody else have checked their birdmine CDs lately?

Jan 6, 2003
Got a super fast reply from birdmine:
"When I ordered the first set of cd's for one shot one kill, I had 4000 copies made...those cd sold out and I placed a second order in the same year for additional cd and those are the cd I am now selling. So the anwser to your question .. Are you buying the first 4000 that was printed no, but are you buying original cd that are from the same release yes. Cd companies always have to have additional cd's made. The cd are not considered a rerelease."

Strange how the second pressing that year had a poorer print quality and obviously a different pressing company since there's a major difference in ring codes. Can anybody provide a ring code for the CDs recently received?

Jan 30, 2004
i'll open one up when i get home tonight if i remember, they also sent me the front artwork/insert for "line of sight" when they sent my cd's, to promote it.

Jan 6, 2003
Obviously he got a mix of first and second pressings. Diggler you got the same one as I got from birdmine's amazon listings two years ago. Swheat, did you recently order yours because the ring code looks more like a mid 90s code, and the cover art looks sharp.