60GB Xbox Pro Being Released In July??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
A retailer email has been intercepted and leaked containing confirmation of an Xbox 360 Pro console with 60GB hard drive being released in July 2008. Read on for part of an email sent out to GameStop and Blockbuster buyers; the logistical people handling what the store actually stocks. The email has the complete details on a stand-alone 60GB hard drive too and what will happen to the 20GB and 120GB hard drives.

To quote: “With the introduction of the 60GB Pro console in July, we have research that suggests it is very important to have a 60GB stand alone Hard Drive to go along with it to allow the consumer a full range of choices and values. In late October/early November (exact date TBD but most likely last week in October or 1st week in November), we will ship the Xbox 360 60GB Hard Drive, tentatively called the “Xbox 360 60GB LIVE Starter Pack”. This will be an excellent value price at and ERP of $99.99 with an 18% retail margin that contains:
* 60GB Hard Drive
* 3 Months of Xbox Live
* Xbox 360 Wired Headset
* Xbox 360 Ethernet Cable (same one that is included with Pro and Elite)

Positioning: For Xbox 360 Arcade and Core console owners, the Xbox 360 60GB Live Starter Pack offers all of the components to get onto Xbox LIVE and jump in to on line multiplayer gaming and Marketplace content downloads at an incredible value.

With the end of life of the 20GB Hard Drive and the price drop of the 120GB Hard Drive to $149.99 in September, this new 60GB hard drive will fit very well into our “Choice and Value” pillar and will fit nicely into our accessory line up. Exact SKU/UPC/Set up info will come soon and once we nail down the exact MSD, I will let you all know immediately.” — Via Xboxfamily

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
I find this kinda hard to believe, especially after knowing that MS is planning a $50 price drop on the 20GB Pro system at E3...

The 120GB has been out long enough that they could use that in a "Starter Pack" instead of making a completely new model.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

May 9, 2002
I find this kinda hard to believe, especially after knowing that MS is planning a $50 price drop on the 20GB Pro system at E3...

The 120GB has been out long enough that they could use that in a "Starter Pack" instead of making a completely new model.

It just doesn't make sense to me.
Didnt you read this?

With the end of life of the 20GB Hard Drive and the price drop of the 120GB Hard Drive to $149.99 in September, this new 60GB hard drive will fit very well into our “Choice and Value” pillar and will fit nicely into our accessory line up. Exact SKU/UPC/Set up info will come soon and once we nail down the exact MSD, I will let you all know immediately.” — Via Xboxfamily
SO, is this 60GB thing a stand alone HD or an actual console? The articles seems to say both.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
Yeah the article says both....it would make sense to do it since only option is 20gb or 120 needs to be somethin in between. I personally only need space for downloaded content and game saves so until my 20gb is not enough i could care less..

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
Didnt you read this?

SO, is this 60GB thing a stand alone HD or an actual console? The articles seems to say both.

Yes, I read it. Have you seen the ads for Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and K Mart advertising a $50 price drop on the 20GB Pro System?

Again I'll say that this doesn't make any sense for MS to release an "in between" HD. They already sell the 20 and 120 GB HD's seperately, why would they need to make a new model just to introduce a "Starter Pack"?

And what happened with the Blu Ray Ultimate model that was supposed to be released this summer?

Aug 7, 2003
Yes, I read it. Have you seen the ads for Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and K Mart advertising a $50 price drop on the 20GB Pro System?

Again I'll say that this doesn't make any sense for MS to release an "in between" HD. They already sell the 20 and 120 GB HD's seperately, why would they need to make a new model just to introduce a "Starter Pack"?

And what happened with the Blu Ray Ultimate model that was supposed to be released this summer?
for one thing, everything is a rumor until MS officially announces it. so that blu-ray ultimate is a pipe dream rumor. they are getting rid of the 20gb for the 60gb with 3 months xbox live, headset and whatever for the SAME PRICE as the 20gb was going for. they are dropping the price of the 20gb to kill their remaining inventory then they 60gb will be the new pro model xbox. and if the can get the 60gb xbox 360 model at $299.99 then it is pointless to have a core/arcade sku.

$299.99 = 60gb xbox 360
$399.99 = 120gb xbox 360 elite

that'd be nice just having 2 sku's