50 cent under police protection

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
damn fools really want to kill 50cent, i hope not, ever since i had that underground bootleg album with all that trackmaster shit from 2years back, he been one of my favorit rap artist...

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
from the BET.com website

50 Cent Under Police Protection, See Link To JMJ Murder
By Chuck 'Jigsaw' Creekmur, BET.Com Staff Writer

Posted Nov. 1, 2002-- Officials in New York are investigating a possible link between the murder of Jam Master Jay and rapper 50 Cent, who worked with the DJ early in his career before signing with Trackmasters/Columbia Records. Police sources said they plan to protect 50 Cent even if the rapper is resistant to it.

"They're going to guard them whether they like it or not, with or without their permission," one source told the NY Post. "There won't be any murder wars here."

50 Cent (Curtis Jackson) has been under police protection since Wednesday, October 30, the night Jay was slain.

Other anonymous sources have speculated that the murder of 37-year-old Jay was actually a hit on 50 Cent. However, police and investigators have yet to release such information.

In May of 2000, 50 Cent was shot in the face, hand and legs while sitting in a car in Queens. While the culprits were never arrested, it was widely suspected to be a revenge shooting of some form. 50 Cent had also been stabbed in The Hit Factory, a New York studio, earlier that year.

In addition to 50, detectives said that they are protecting a number of other musical artists who are affiliated with the legendary producer and DJ for Run DMC.

Jay, (Jason Mizell), one third of the rap team Run DMC, was shot and killed in a recording studio in Jamaica, Queens, N.Y. At approximately 7:30 p.m. (ET), unidentified men shot him once in the head, killing him instantly. According to police sources, the assassins were buzzed into the second floor studio, suggesting that Jam Master Jay knew his assailants or was set up.

Another man was shot in the leg during the hit. Jay had been in the studio working with an R&B duo, Rusty Waters..

Family and friends continue to mourn the death of Jam Master Jay and hope for an expeditious resolution to this murder investigation.

"Jam Master Jay was a pioneer," said Sean "P. Diddy" Combs. "He led the way for a whole new genre of talent." In a statement, DMC (Darryl McDaniels) recalled how influential his groupmate had been: "He stuck to the true essence of what a DJ in a hip-hop performance should be... I always thought that we would be together forever."

Jam Master Jay's wife, Teri Mizell, also released a statement on behalf of herself anf the children Jay left behind. "Jay's tragic death has left all of us numb," she said. "We pray that the person or persons responsible for taking away the breath from this loving husband and wonderful father is captured and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

"Jay's smile is what I already deeply miss," said Lyor Cohen, CEO of Island Def Jam, in a statement. "Jay's smile was a conversation, so many words in his smile." Cohen worked as a road manager for Run DMC from 1982 - 1985 and worked very closely with Jay.

"I personally want to work hard to champion the positive over the negative, and to help remind me, I will keep Jason's smile so very close to my heart," Cohen said.

Furio

Sicc OG
Jul 30, 2002
damn yo, 50 cent is one of my fav rappers. i heard that ja rule and irv gotti were a part of the shooting when 50 got shot 9 times. 50 always says stuff like "bullet hole in my face but bitches still love me" that shit is tight. i heard that 50 was talkin shit and thats why murder inc. got on his ass. but i dont know if its true.

Apr 25, 2002
facebook.com
Furio said:
damn yo, 50 cent is one of my fav rappers. i heard that ja rule and irv gotti were a part of the shooting when 50 got shot 9 times. 50 always says stuff like "bullet hole in my face but bitches still love me" that shit is tight. i heard that 50 was talkin shit and thats why murder inc. got on his ass. but i dont know if its true.
I heard that same shit..

Apr 25, 2002
i dont even know

but what i don know is 50 cent aint no joke..........hes got skills on the mic.........he pretty much clowned the whole rap industry on that one song, fuck what was it called? something like the art of jackin or something.....anyways, dudes a soldier

Jun 5, 2002
yea 50s the man peep his new video wanksta he got a doll of ja rule and throws it in the trash, pretty funny. the songs how to rob and the truth are where he clowns every1, and supposedly 50 got shot cus he knew some guy that snatched a chain from ja rule

Oct 2, 2002
Yeah, i remember hearing 50 talk about that. He said that Ja's chain got stolen. Ja found out the guy who stole it was friends with 50 and he said after that Ja started to treat him different.

G.O.D

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.mistadrawmuh.cjb.net
R ya'll for real?...... man i thaught 50 CENT was gonna be the dopest fuccn rapper alive....after the way ya'll talk bout him....i went and picced up the 8 mile sdtk...witch was one of the worst sdtk's i have ever heard, but was worth tha money just for the eminem solo's.....but anyways...i thaught 50 CENT was fuccn horrible.... that cat sounded like a broke mase, who just started rappin.........i was far from impressed......i admit sum of his lyrics got a smile out of me.... but otha then that, i had a face like... WTF IS THIS BULLSHIT..... sounded like sumone puffy would put in a group with LOON.....so go ahead call me a"hater"...CUZZ I THINK 50 CENT SUCCS ASS......

Ya'll really gonna DOUBT ja rule & irv gotti?..... they r like FAMILY to SUGE KNIGHT..... and i dare a person to say SUGE aint a rider.... if JA wanted sumone gone.....one call....and its done

"ja's my little nigga, he reminds me of 2pac"- Suge...

Drawmuh

Kyle

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
if JA wanted sumone gone.....one call....and its done
^^true.

i wonder if 50 cent was in the same room when the shooting took place, cause the article didn't say anything about it, but you would think so if people thought that the hit was intended for 50

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
most likely 50 Cent will be the nect rapper dead, pretty damn sad! cause i like his shit, just people really want that dude snuffed, and he speaken on Ja Rule and Jay-Z in wangster!!!

G.O.D your not a hater, thats your opinon, but the songs on the 8Mile soundtrack arn't the type of songs that got him such a huge buzz, pick up some "G-Unit" tracks of Kazaa, or load or buy the album "50Cent - Power of the Dollar" that is what got him the buzz, cause its tight as fuck!

and just for fun, awhile back 50Cent talked about how he punked Ja Rule in Frisco, on some promo tour lol He ain't fake, but neither are the people he beefs with, so could be either him or them... whatever, i hope they all chill out !