49erz vs. Raiders AUGUST 8th

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
^^^ if thats true thats gay, they shouldnt expect preseason games to sell out and them tickets are a rip off when the starters dont even play much.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
i heard this morning the game is going to be blacked out on tv.

can anyone confirm this?

~k.
I checked the listings on the Dish menu on my TV and I couldn't find it being aired on any channel

I would be pissed... except I'll be there though... 17 rows back from the field... drunk as a muthafucka

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
^^^ if thats true thats gay, they shouldnt expect preseason games to sell out and them tickets are a rip off when the starters dont even play much.
Agreed... they want scratch for them tickets. I went on their website today and priced some and the good seats were like $160 each. Man Wtf?

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
they said it would be da black out rule cuz it aint sold out, but they still show it on local ch CBS i check directv guide and it shows it on mind at 7 on CBS, bay area is CBS 5 i guess, this off my guide

San Francisco 49ers at Oakland Raiders
Channel: 46 Air Time: 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Program Details Record to Receiver Email Reminder

It's going down tomorrow!!!!

I haven't been keeping up with any Niner news. Can any one of you 9er fans give me some footnotes on what ya'll team did this year????
Check Out Da NiNerz Thread

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
^ i think it would of! i found this on da niners website,

Davis and the 49ers can be seen at 11:30 PM this Friday night on CBS5/ The CW 44cable 12 in a delayed broadcast from the 49ers preseason game against the Oakland Raiders at McAfee Coliseum.

Nov 20, 2005
^ i think it would of! i found this on da niners website,

Davis and the 49ers can be seen at 11:30 PM this Friday night on CBS5/ The CW 44cable 12 in a delayed broadcast from the 49ers preseason game against the Oakland Raiders at McAfee Coliseum.
man i got a baptism the next morning i cant be up at 1130pm watchin the game. fuck imma have to record it.

~k.

Aug 9, 2006
^ i dont think its ever worked that way.

~k.
blacked out is only a regional thing....im in northern california and will never be affected by a oakland blackout.....in the bigger citys like new york city its only the one city that gets blackedout......but the rest of the state will be able to watch.....i dont know how big oaklands market is...

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
well it still shows it on my guide at 7 on CBS i hope it does come out im recored it cuz i have to pick up my brother from the airport in san jose dat nite but there always 680 and 1050 AM

Aug 9, 2006
In the NFL, any broadcaster that has a signal that hits any area within a 75-mile (120 km) radius of an NFL stadium may only broadcast a game if that game is a road game, or if the game sells-out 72 hours or more before the start time for the game.[5] If sold out in less than 72 hours, or is close to being sold out by the deadline, the team can sometimes request a time extension. Furthermore, broadcasters with NFL contracts are required to show their markets' road games. These requirements based on attendance mean that as a general rule, fans of teams with winning records will get to see all of their teams games on television, while fans of sub-.500 teams may only see the road games on television, unless their team routinely sells out anyway (which many do). Sometimes if a game is very close to selling out, but not quite there, a broadcaster with rights to show the nearly sold out game will buy the remaining tickets (and give them to local charities) so it can broadcast the game (usually, this would involve no more than a few hundred tickets because of cost). Other teams elect to close off sections of their stadium, but cannot sell these tickets for any game that season if they choose to do so.[6] As a result, if the home team's game is a Sunday day game both networks can air only one game each in that market. (Until 2001, this rule applied whether or not the game was blacked out, however, this was changed because some markets virtually never aired doubleheaders as a result.) Usually, but not always, when each network can show only one game each in a market, the two stations work out between themselves which will show an early game and which will show a late game. This only affects the primary market, and not markets in a 75-mile (121 km) radius, which always get a doubleheader each Sunday.

i guess its a 75 mile radius....this is the first time i heard about this...i thought it was strictly citys....