49ERS vs. Vikings

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Niners win, let me act like a raider fan for a second. Fuck yea we're 2-0 fuck yea fuck the haters we're undefeated we beat the fucking vikings fuck yea
what Raiders fans are saying that??

I think you just wanted to brag about being 2-0 in the preseason... nice try though

Jan 5, 2006
that shit was vicious lol.. dude went up in the air Mays was just waiting until he was vertical and timed it perfectly... cant wait to see more of this kid.. hopefully he doesnt forget about interceptions lol

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Davis playing his way off the team?

Scott Ostler,David White, Chronicle Staff Writers
San Francisco Chronicle August 22, 2010 10:42 PM Copyright San Francisco Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Sunday, August 22, 2010
Print E-mail
deliciousdel.icio.us
diggDigg
technoratiTechnorati
redditReddit
facebookLinkedIn
facebookFacebook slashdotSlashdot
farkFark
newsvineNewsvine
googleGoogle Bookmarks
twitterTwitter
Yahoo! Buzz
Share Comments (0)
Georgia (default)
Verdana
Times New Roman
Arial
Font | Size:

Lea Suzuki / The Chronicle

49ers #7 Nate Davis is seen after practice at training camp in Santa Clara, Calif. on Thursday August 19, 2010.
Images
49ers #7 Nate Davis is seen after practice at training ca...49ers #17 Dominique Zeigler (right) runs with the footbal...49ers #17 Dominique Zeigler catches the football during p... View Larger Images
More Sports

* Willis gives Favre a harsh welcome back 08.22.10
* Davis playing his way off the team? 08.22.10
* Raiders defense shows one-on-one strength 08.22.10
* Will Power turns fortunes, dominates Infineon 08.22.10

Fan Shop:
Get your
Team gear here

(08-22) 22:42 PDT -- You 49ers fans hoping to see Nate Davis take over the quarterback controls, you might want to check out the Omaha Nighthawks.

Wait, the Nighthawks signed Jeff Garcia.

Davis might eventually lead a football team, but after Sunday night, chances are dimmer that the team will be the 49ers.

Davis played the second half against the Vikings and thoroughly failed to impress coach Mike Singletary.

The third-year reserve, considered by many fans to be the 49ers' future field general, looked more like a basic trainee.

Third string (behind David Carr) never looked so far from the starting job.

Davis' stats were unimpressive - 7-for-16, 114 yards, with a 60-yard bomb - but they weren't as unimpressive as the impression he left with Singletary.

"I just think (he was) inconsistent," Singletary said, warming up. "I think he's a guy that's got a lot of flash, he's got a big arm, like a lot of kids, but you have to learn to play the position, you have to learn to command the huddle ... (and) have a presence about you. I just feel that he's still learning how to do that. I don't know how long it's going to take, I don't know how much time we have.

"I just think right now he's competing against himself, I really do.

"I really like the kid, there's a lot to like about him, but there's a work ethic that's involved, in terms of being a quarterback in the NFL."

Work ethic?

Davis is dyslexic, which makes it difficult for him to master the playbook, but makes Davis even more of a lovable underdog with fans. But based on what Singletary said Sunday, it's not a learning disability that has slowed Davis' progress, it's something more basic.

"Right now, Nate Davis is working his tail off to try and learn the system," Singletary said. "But in the offseason, that's when you take the time to get that done. And I'm not sure how hard he worked this offseason to get that done.

"You just can't turn it on and turn it off, now that we're in training camp. You know what? The offseason, when we're in OTAs, in the mini-camps, that's when you have to get that done, that's when you have to stay up and drive the coaches crazy, and look at film, and ask all the questions you possibly can, and I'm not sure that he did that.

"Right now there's a lot it's a lot that he has to get, in a short amount of time. Hopefully he will do that. We'll see."

Davis, informed of Singletary's remarks, said, "Yes, I did work hard in the summer, but it showed that I should have worked harder. Yes, I am playing a little catch-up right now, but I'm still working hard every day, and I'll keep on working. ... I feel OK with where I am, but I do have a lot of improving to do."

Singletary was fuming over a play with 2:52 left in the game, 3rd-and-6 at the 49ers' 11. Davis scrambled around right end and went down, without being hit, one yard short of the first down.

"You've got to know where the first down marker is," Singletary said, "you don't just fall."

Sunday Davis just fell.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/08/22/SPCL1F1T5M.DTL#ixzz0xPI6xCcJ

Dec 9, 2005
P-Will pushed Peterson to the side like it was his little brother on that sack.

Willis also made an impressive open field shoe string tackle on AP in the game. I love watching these two beasts go at it.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Davis playing his way off the team?

Scott Ostler,David White, Chronicle Staff Writers
San Francisco Chronicle August 22, 2010 10:42 PM Copyright San Francisco Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Sunday, August 22, 2010
Print E-mail
deliciousdel.icio.us
diggDigg
technoratiTechnorati
redditReddit
facebookLinkedIn
facebookFacebook slashdotSlashdot
farkFark
newsvineNewsvine
googleGoogle Bookmarks
twitterTwitter
Yahoo! Buzz
Share Comments (0)
Georgia (default)
Verdana
Times New Roman
Arial
Font | Size:

Lea Suzuki / The Chronicle

49ers #7 Nate Davis is seen after practice at training camp in Santa Clara, Calif. on Thursday August 19, 2010.
Images
49ers #7 Nate Davis is seen after practice at training ca...49ers #17 Dominique Zeigler (right) runs with the footbal...49ers #17 Dominique Zeigler catches the football during p... View Larger Images
More Sports

* Willis gives Favre a harsh welcome back 08.22.10
* Davis playing his way off the team? 08.22.10
* Raiders defense shows one-on-one strength 08.22.10
* Will Power turns fortunes, dominates Infineon 08.22.10

Fan Shop:
Get your
Team gear here

(08-22) 22:42 PDT -- You 49ers fans hoping to see Nate Davis take over the quarterback controls, you might want to check out the Omaha Nighthawks.

Wait, the Nighthawks signed Jeff Garcia.

Davis might eventually lead a football team, but after Sunday night, chances are dimmer that the team will be the 49ers.

Davis played the second half against the Vikings and thoroughly failed to impress coach Mike Singletary.

The third-year reserve, considered by many fans to be the 49ers' future field general, looked more like a basic trainee.

Third string (behind David Carr) never looked so far from the starting job.

Davis' stats were unimpressive - 7-for-16, 114 yards, with a 60-yard bomb - but they weren't as unimpressive as the impression he left with Singletary.

"I just think (he was) inconsistent," Singletary said, warming up. "I think he's a guy that's got a lot of flash, he's got a big arm, like a lot of kids, but you have to learn to play the position, you have to learn to command the huddle ... (and) have a presence about you. I just feel that he's still learning how to do that. I don't know how long it's going to take, I don't know how much time we have.

"I just think right now he's competing against himself, I really do.

"I really like the kid, there's a lot to like about him, but there's a work ethic that's involved, in terms of being a quarterback in the NFL."

Work ethic?

Davis is dyslexic, which makes it difficult for him to master the playbook, but makes Davis even more of a lovable underdog with fans. But based on what Singletary said Sunday, it's not a learning disability that has slowed Davis' progress, it's something more basic.

"Right now, Nate Davis is working his tail off to try and learn the system," Singletary said. "But in the offseason, that's when you take the time to get that done. And I'm not sure how hard he worked this offseason to get that done.

"You just can't turn it on and turn it off, now that we're in training camp. You know what? The offseason, when we're in OTAs, in the mini-camps, that's when you have to get that done, that's when you have to stay up and drive the coaches crazy, and look at film, and ask all the questions you possibly can, and I'm not sure that he did that.

"Right now there's a lot it's a lot that he has to get, in a short amount of time. Hopefully he will do that. We'll see."

Davis, informed of Singletary's remarks, said, "Yes, I did work hard in the summer, but it showed that I should have worked harder. Yes, I am playing a little catch-up right now, but I'm still working hard every day, and I'll keep on working. ... I feel OK with where I am, but I do have a lot of improving to do."

Singletary was fuming over a play with 2:52 left in the game, 3rd-and-6 at the 49ers' 11. Davis scrambled around right end and went down, without being hit, one yard short of the first down.

"You've got to know where the first down marker is," Singletary said, "you don't just fall."

Sunday Davis just fell.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/08/22/SPCL1F1T5M.DTL#ixzz0xPI6xCcJ
That has to be the worst article I ever read on this forum, so much negativity.