49ERS SIGN ASHLIE LEILE TO 2 YR/$4.3 MILL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
How does everyone feel bout this? I think he could contribute a lil somethin to the squad, but he definately ain't fillin the void of Antonio Bryant. We're still gonna need Donte Stallworth to do that. From what I've been hearing and reading is Stallworth is expecting a lot more money than teams are offering him. So things are at a stand still with him, but the 49ers did make him an offer earlier supposedly.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
StreetSoundzEnt said:
i like the move.. I think they should draft a wr and maybe get torry holt if he gets let go from the rams
Where did you hear the Rams might let go of Holt? Not to say you're wrong, but that's like the Colts releasing Marvin Harrison. I highly doubt it. On a side note, if we waste the 11th pick on Dwayne Jarrett I'll slit my own throat. I would be a fan of trading up to get Calvin Johnson, but Jarrett reminds me of another Mike Williams for some reason. Unless Jarrett falls to the 2nd round then maybe consider him.

reza

Sicc OG
Jun 9, 2005
ArYo said:
I highly doubt it. On a side note, if we waste the 11th pick on Dwayne Jarrett I'll slit my own throat. I would be a fan of trading up to get Calvin Johnson, but Jarrett reminds me of another Mike Williams for some reason. Unless Jarrett falls to the 2nd round then maybe consider him.
Add Jarrett to the rest of the slow oversized Pac-10 receivers(Keyshawn, JJ stokes, williams). I like this pickup....they got him for cheap and he might pan out to be a quality #2 receiver. I don't want to judge him for his past two teams because look at who was throwing him the ball(Plummer and Vick).

Apr 25, 2002
Lellie is a bitch! bad move for the niners. this guy is soft as pudding. watch close next year, everytime he gets tackled he gets up limping. an pretty much all he is good for is the deep ball.

LMFAO! whoever wrote that online article about Holt gettin cut is the biggest fuckin idiot in all of sports. there is NO WAY IN HELL the rams would cut Holt. he is the most productive receiver in the game since he came in the league

Apr 25, 2002
T-Dubb said:
an pretty much all he is good for is the deep ball.
I think that was the point.. Antonio was a deep threat, they need someone they can try to bomb it to, even if he doesn't catch it. That'll make the secondary have to worry about the deep pass, and then Gore can just run it down their throats.

I don't know where I stand on this one.. I guess it was OK because he came cheap, but like someone else already said he is a bitch and is afraid to get hit.

We'll see what happens. I think he'll catch some good passes from Smith, but there's no way he should be our #1.. Actually he should be the #3.

Dec 22, 2004
StreetSoundzEnt said:
i read it online somewhere that since they signed benniet there may be a chance they could cut him.
I heard Issac Bruce as the release not Holt that would stupid of the Rams on there part..

I agree Lelie is a good deep threat we still need another reciever and I dont believe a first rounder will help this year Im not oppose to Calvin Johnson I still would like to get Stallworth even Horn....

Nov 5, 2004
At best Lelie will be a #2 receiver.............unless he decides to eat in the off season, and maybe touch a dumbbell or two.

Still, Lelie is better than nothing, and he has shown glimmers of light every now and then.

At least the Niners finally got the money and the balls to make offseason moves.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Not a bad pick up... you never know he could turn out good for the 49ers. He's tall right? They may also want to use his height in certain situations... not a bad pick up.

Aug 9, 2006
hes a constant underacheriver......hella good on madden and shit but never does big impact on a real team......i like him and hope he breaks out but ive been hoping since hes was drafted.....maybe its because plummer didnt have the big arm in denver and vick is vick lol we will see what happens with the dude......pretty much takes stallworth outta the picture though right?