49ers playoff hopes

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2004
heres the scenario

If we win out we will be 9-7. All 3 of these need to happen:
If Dallas loses 2 of their last 3 games they are also 9-7, but we have the tiebreaker(NO, WASH, PHIL are their remaining games)

If Giants lose 1 of their last 3 games they also would be 9-7, but again we have the tiebreaker.(WASH, CAR, MINN are their remaining games)

Lastly we only need Atlanta to lose 1 more game as well....they are beat up right now so that is likely(NY JETS, BUFF, TB are their remaining games)

Feb 12, 2004
^ that makes it seem more realistic, but the fact that they HAVE to win out will be the biggest challenge.
Yup that definitely is the biggest challenge. I have a good feeling that all those teams will lose the games the niners need them to lose, but will the niners beat the eagles this weekend?? We'll see..

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Last season they fucked up at Arizona on Monday Night (on the fuckin 1 yard line!!!), this season it was at Seattle....every game counts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Doesn't Arizona have to lose a game too?
that's a whole other story

if you're talking about the Niners getting the wildcard, Arizona has nothing to do with it... if Arizona wins at least 2 of their last 3 they win the division and are in the playoffs

if Arizona loses their last 3 and Niners win 2 of 3 the Niners win the division

if Arizona loses 1 of their last 3 and Niners win out then Niners win the division

either way you look at it, the Niner most likely need to beat Philly, believe it or not, I feel like they have a chance... I think Philly might look past the Niners a little bit... they got Denver and Dallas coming up after that... which they probably view as more difficult games to win

I'm still picking Philly to win, but stranger things have happened... like the Raiders beating Philly... lol

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
What's even more impressive about that win was that JaMarcuss Russell was the QB lol
yeah seriously, lol

I remember that was probably Russell's best game of the season... I think he actually had a TD, and above 50% completion, lol

we didn't do shit offensively that game though... we won it with our defense sacking McNabb all day long

I think that's a key to the Niners winning in Philly, put McNabb on his ass... make him uncomfortable... if the Niners defense can play like they did against the Cards... they have a very good shot... but I don't see the D playing that well against Philly

Jun 15, 2004
we could even tie phily, if we beat phily and phily loses to denver and then to dallas on the last game of season .but ya giants have to lose 1 and atlanta has to lose 1.it could happen.we gotta put the pressure on mcnabb to have any chance to win that game.