? 4 ARTISTS & LABELS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 3, 2003
www.mp3.com
When shopping for beats, what method do you prefer best?

1. Would you like to be able to just go to soundclick and check them out online or not because other people have access to the tracks as well.

2. Would you like to have a beat snippet cd sent to you?

3. Would you like a private link where you can listen to them without everybody else hearing them?

- How much of the track would you like to hear before knowing if it's for you or not. ie. 15secs or 30secs

Ever since MP3.com went down, I havent done anything with my tracks. I've made a grip of new ones but wanted to get some feedback on what the best method is before I go over to sounclick if I even do that. I've been holding back alot of tracks that are bangers so I can get them to the right people. Let me know what method you prefer. Thanks.

Multiple

Feb 8, 2003
MULTIPLE said:
When shopping for beats, what method do you prefer best?

1. Would you like to be able to just go to soundclick and check them out online or not because other people have access to the tracks as well.

2. Would you like to have a beat snippet cd sent to you?

3. Would you like a private link where you can listen to them without everybody else hearing them?

- How much of the track would you like to hear before knowing if it's for you or not. ie. 15secs or 30secs

Ever since MP3.com went down, I havent done anything with my tracks. I've made a grip of new ones but wanted to get some feedback on what the best method is before I go over to sounclick if I even do that. I've been holding back alot of tracks that are bangers so I can get them to the right people. Let me know what method you prefer. Thanks.

Multiple

Send eat cds with 30 sec snippets and your voice all throught it.
That way no one will be able to loop it without your voice in it. And don't never post a full beat on Soundclick because some of these little bastards still can DL them with a MP3 Player with the option on/off.

Jul 7, 2002
I think it is best to work one on one with people...

I personally prefer actual beat cd with snippets consisting of at least a verse and a hook. The CD is best because most artists aren't real internet "friendly." All the artists I mess with use the internet but aren't trying to download beats and shit. The majors don't use soundclick to sell beats, so I wouldn't recomend it.

The only exception I have done with this is dealing with RonnzfromBerlin...he is in Germany, and will often call me and let me know he has new beats. he then will upload them to a private site and send me the info. Thats an exception we made since he is out of the country.

Bottomline...to be profesional I would send out beat cd's with snippets long enough for the artist to write his verse and a hook to.

Hope that helps.

May 3, 2003
www.mp3.com
Thanks alot folks. The feedback is greatly appreciated. I should be putting together a beat cd real soon. Hit me on the pm if you are interested in getting one from me. I've got some really dope shit. Peace.