**2nd Annual Official '09 SF GIants reg. season Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2006
i say we include Sanchez in a trade package for Matt Holliday or Jorge Cantu or even Dan Uggla. They're all about the same age anyways. Cantu can play 1st and 3rd so he'd probably be a better choice since we already have alot of outfielders.. Cantu is the cheapest too.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
i say we include Sanchez in a trade package for Matt Holliday or Jorge Cantu or even Dan Uggla. They're all about the same age anyways. Cantu can play 1st and 3rd so he'd probably be a better choice since we already have alot of outfielders.. Cantu is the cheapest too.
Marlins already said no to Sanchez for Cantu or Uggla...

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
^^^ not worth it at all. we better not give up any prospects. our farm has never looked better and we need to keep it this way to be a successful team for the future.

fuck the marlins, fuck cantu and uggla. there are 28 other teams we can deal with.

if we give up prospects we better get someone ridiculous in return

Jan 5, 2006
we already have excess pitching lol.. we're good for years to come, we can have all the good pitching we want but we need to post run support for them too or it would be a waste of arms throwing out there.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
We do not have excess at all. We have lincecum and cain that will be good "for years to come".

Randy is 45 years old and will be done. Zito is a bum that started pitching ok this year. Sanchez has potential but took a step back this year with his inconsistency.

Do I even need to talk about our bullpen?

of course you need hitting too but what do you think is gonna happen, players will fall out of the sky and only want to play for the giants?

to be good for the future and continue to stay good you need prospects and you need to keep developing them. right now have some solid guys that will be great players in the bigs. once bumgarner is ready we will have a pitching force with 3 great guys.

i dont want another dumbfuck trade that gives up prospects who in a few years will be lighting it up.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
we arent the yanks or the mets that can spend 200k on whatever we want. we need prospects for this to work. once our prospects make it to the bigs we will have a great team all around. buster, angel, bumgarner is our future. along with lincecum, cain, pablo.

Dec 23, 2004
www.Representthebay.com
we are gonna have to trade a top prospect. I say at the end of the year we see what we can get for Alderson and some lower level prospects. I wounder if we can get Justin Smoak from texas.............I just hope we don't trade for some over the hill hitter from another team.

I think we should stand pat this year and not doing anything stupid, cause even if we could trade for somebody like Uggla, i don't think he would be enough to get us to the world serries