25 to LIFE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
This is a review from IGN.com, sorry to be the berrer of bad news but the game aint lookin too good ya'll..

enjoy

--------------------------------------------------

25 to Life
This game belongs in jail. So do you if you play it.
by Charles Onyett

January 17, 2006 - For anyone looking for definitive cops vs. robbers style of action game, this isn't it. In fact, it's not even close, though that applies mostly to the single player campaign. Like Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance and Crime Life: Gang Wars, 25 to Life is another gritty, gory title with plenty of foul language and pointless killing. In it, you'll play as three different characters: the gangster Shaun Calderon, Detective Lester Williams and Andre Freeze Francis. The game starts out following Freeze as he comes to the decision that he no longer wants to be involved with the criminal world. As soon as he tries to leave, though, he's pulled right back in as his family is kidnapped and he's forced to fight to escape the life he strives to put behind him.
Somehow, escaping this life means Freeze has to kill about 300 police officers. By some sort of seemingly divine grace, you're able to pull this off without drawing any sort of attention. It's strange because don't most real-life police officers call for backup if they're being attacked? I'm pretty sure they don't sit back at the station playing darts and placing bets on televised car chases while the rest of their precinct is being fatally punctured by the firearms of one guy. Though it can be said that no backup arrives to make the game playable, it may be one of the first of many unanswerable questions you'll find yourself asking your television as you play through this game's single player campaign. For instance, why are there so many boomboxes scattered around Mexico?

Closing Comments
There's really no reason to buy this game. The single player is boring, arrestingly conventional and entirely forgettable. The multiplayer is slightly better, though mostly because of its options and not because of its gameplay. This game sorely needed some kind of unique movement, such as diving, rolling or a much more sophisticated duck and cover mechanic. As it is, the entire game consists of running up to foes and hoping you can shoot them more times than they shoot you. In the end, 25 to Life turns out to be a flimsy product that feels tacked together strictly for the purposes of producing a "gangster" game, which apparently sells copies. In the future, hopefully they can pair the theme with an interesting game design players can actually enjoy, or just stop making them altogether.

Dec 3, 2005
daaaaaammmmnn!!! i was gonna go buy it just b/c of tech9 and the website made it look koo. but not now, ima just go get me a cable for online play. fuck that sucks

Jan 10, 2006
so what if ign gave it a 3. DID u see all the reader reviews for the game. there were over 20 reader reviews and the losest score was a 8 out of 10. most gave it a 10 or 9. U know the goverment wanted to ban this shit. They just dont want the game to do good but it seems that everyone i talked to said it was socom 3 GANGSTA STYLE. I think ign is just hatin

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
My folks that played it said it was horrible. IGN aint gonna talk down on a game cause the government dont like it, San andreas was way more controversial than this game, at least in this game you can be the pigs in it.

Heard it was garbage though, so lets compare it to socom 3

25 to life - no vehicles
25 to life - no swimming
25 to life - shitty weapons
25 to life - cartoonish unrealism
25 to life - lame maps
25 to life - lame missions
25 to life - someone gotta be a pig

id much rather be a seal than a pig anyday.

this is something where they took the concept but rushed the gameplay.

Now ive never played it yet, jus heard about it, but there is zero comparison to this game and the quality of socom.

Oct 5, 2004
why the FUCK would u buy a game just cuz its got tech n9ne (or any other artist for that matter) doin a song on it?

"this game fuckin sucks! worst shit i ever played but im always playin it cuz its gotta tech track, so it wasnt a complete loss!" lol

50-60 bucks for 1 song. c'mon

Dec 3, 2005
its 40 bucks, 2 songs, and its not really that bad yet. i finished level two and got bout halfway through the second level in the apartments then got gaffled.

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
fuck 25 to life, this game is an insult to the intelligence of anyone who appreciates quality shoot um up games,

they tried to capitalize on a concept like get rich or die trying gay game.

We aint no retarded teenage suburban white boys, fuck this game!!!!

LOL

Socom so much better

Nov 28, 2005
murderman said:
why the FUCK would u buy a game just cuz its got tech n9ne (or any other artist for that matter) doin a song on it?

"this game fuckin sucks! worst shit i ever played but im always playin it cuz its gotta tech track, so it wasnt a complete loss!" lol

50-60 bucks for 1 song. c'mon

I thought he was gonna be a playable character?

Aug 8, 2003
^^
apparently he is..

i have a question tho.. who ever has this for the pc, are there many players online? how do the graphics fair? is worth the skrill

for pc mind u...

Apr 20, 2005
i dont know 25 TO LIFE makes an AIGHT @ best rental But buying the game. . . lmao damn you might as well gotten max payne 1 and 2 for that price. . .both are greatest hits 20 bucks and very good games or some other shooting game.