25 Most Dangerous Cities in US (3 in California)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 11, 2003
Broadbeach, AUSTRALIA
My girl and I were driving back late one night from Long Beach and stopped at a Mexican food joint that I saw open. Struck up conversation with some people in there and turned out we were in middle of Compton.

We then drove around and found that Welcome To Compton sign to take a pic, lol. I remember thinking it must have calmed down a lot since the old days because even at 2am on a Sayurday night it felt just like a normal run-down suburban neighbourhood.

VERSACERO

smoking meth with steve
Mar 14, 2004
The homie cheeto @cheeto a east Oakland gangsta straight 114% Norte!!!! Rip to the homie Todd!!!!

can you enlighten us on what goes down in the 'jects of Rodeo?
i went there 1 time couldnt even get out the car to put up my poster in the store. and i was putting up my posters in the hood in west oakland east oakland vallejo richmond. went to rodeo cant even get out the car.

plus its right by the refinery air quality is shit. buildings look like army barracks. man... wouldnt want to live there lol. plenty of grimey places in the bay tho. honestly i dont underestimate anywhere though. you could be way outa town somewhere and its still some shit goin on. the world is dangerous period

May 9, 2002
my guess about springfield IL on the list, the thing is when they decided to tear down all the project buildings in chicago, they really didn't fix the problem, they just pushed the people else where. so the semi hood suburbs got an influx of project building refugees and made those suburbs shittier.
My dad was raised in Springfield and its always been relatively quiet. There is crime, but to see it on this list is shocking to say the least. Like is said East St. Louis? Always been a very crime ridden area...but not Springfield.

May 9, 2002
My girl and I were driving back late one night from Long Beach and stopped at a Mexican food joint that I saw open. Struck up conversation with some people in there and turned out we were in middle of Compton.

We then drove around and found that Welcome To Compton sign to take a pic, lol. I remember thinking it must have calmed down a lot since the old days because even at 2am on a Sayurday night it felt just like a normal run-down suburban neighbourhood.
Compton is waaaaay different now than it was in 1990 thats for sure. It got a ton of attention because a) gangs and b) hip-hop. Honestly, Compton isnt ghetto, its just a middle to lower middle class neighborhood...made mostly, if not entirely, of African american and latino's. You should read up on the history of Compton...its pretty fascinating.

Feb 8, 2006
Compton is waaaaay different now than it was in 1990 thats for sure. It got a ton of attention because a) gangs and b) hip-hop. Honestly, Compton isnt ghetto, its just a middle to lower middle class neighborhood...made mostly, if not entirely, of African american and latino's. You should read up on the history of Compton...its pretty fascinating.
compton use to be a white middle class area, it's where george bush use to live

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
compton use to be a white middle class area, it's where george bush use to live
that's like how my white Irish grandpa grew up in Butchertown (Hunter's Point)...definitely changed a lot since then...pretty fucked up story actually. Once all the black folks moved in (because they were evicted from other parts of the city), the government used the shipyard to clean toxic waste off the ships making a lot of people sick

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2006
that's like how my white Irish grandpa grew up in Butcher Town (Hunter's Point)...definitely changed a lot since then...pretty fucked up story actually. Once all the black folks moved in (because they were evicted from other parts of the city), the government used the shipyard to clean toxic waste off the ships making a lot of people sick

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
i went there 1 time couldnt even get out the car to put up my poster in the store. and i was putting up my posters in the hood in west oakland east oakland vallejo richmond. went to rodeo cant even get out the car.

plus its right by the refinery air quality is shit. buildings look like army barracks. man... wouldnt want to live there lol. plenty of grimey places in the bay tho. honestly i dont underestimate anywhere though. you could be way outa town somewhere and its still some shit goin on. the world is dangerous period
I worked at that refinery for 4 years. Rodeo projects wasn't that bad for me, I had a few folks who stayed there and never once got messed with. The neighborhood is ghetto as fuck (one time I saw a car blown up and kids in the street playing on it lol) but most shit goes down at night, Contra Costa sheriffs stay patrolling that neighborhood.

Jan 5, 2006
I remember getting lost/wandering through the south side of Chicago one time at 3am... fun times. Took a couple wrong turns from the airport, next thing you know you're right in the middle of Auburn Gresham. Luckily the Chicago PD pulled me and my girl at the time over. Told us it wasn't safe and told us how to get out of there, despite the car tags being expired and my ex not having her license on her WITH unpaid parking tickets.

Stockton is basically an SF/EPA/Oakland/Hayward and all the other hoods where people couldn't afford rent anymore.

45Yr Old Virgin

Franchise War Veteran
Apr 25, 2002
Cuckanada
yourethemannowdog.ytmnd.com
like any other folks, they moved into other areas to be affordable or "better living". i only visited family but never lived there but i started to read up about crime in northern parts or north east parts of SoCal, like palmdale or redlands. i guess it's always been there and i just wasn't aware of it, i mean crime. i guess it's immaturity with making assumptions about a place because of stereotypes. like folks amazed shit goes down in north omaha.