2015 Ford F-150

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DODE

Sicc OG
Dec 30, 2011
I didn't even think about them being twin turbo engines to generate that kinda power. I wonder how that works with towing and all that. That's interesting. But turbo/supercharged engines always seem to have reliability issues long term.
Any kind of forced induction will cause strain on the motor and internals. My car is a twin turbo and when I had to replace the turbos the engine had to come out. During that time I did a full rebuild and installed new rods and pistons and had the block and head machined. Cost me over $6k but If you have a passion for your car it's worth it. With an ecu tune, any turbo car can become a beast.

As far as trucks go, diesel or nothing.
Diesel trucks can pass 300k miles with no major issues as long as it's properly maintained.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
Any kind of forced induction will cause strain on the motor and internals. My car is a twin turbo and when I had to replace the turbos the engine had to come out. During that time I did a full rebuild and installed new rods and pistons and had the block and head machined. Cost me over $6k but If you have a passion for your car it's worth it. With an ecu tune, any turbo car can become a beast.

As far as trucks go, diesel or nothing.
Diesel trucks can pass 300k miles with no major issues as long as it's properly maintained.

Agreed.

What kind of car do you have?

I think that Ford is going to have a shit load of discounted Ecoboost powered cars and trucks here down the line. All from turbos needing to be replaced.

Twin turbo charging(Ecoboost) is Fords new way of delivering smaller engines to meet new CAFE standards. Whereas most of the industry is shifting towards diesel power. Albeit turbo diesels.

54.5 MPG For All Cars by 2025 With New CAFE Standards? Not Exactly - US News

DODE

Sicc OG
Dec 30, 2011
Agreed.

What kind of car do you have?

I think that Ford is going to have a shit load of discounted Ecoboost powered cars and trucks here down the line. All from turbos needing to be replaced.

Twin turbo charging(Ecoboost) is Fords new way of delivering smaller engines to meet new CAFE standards. Whereas most of the industry is shifting towards diesel power. Albeit turbo diesels.

54.5 MPG For All Cars by 2025 With New CAFE Standards? Not Exactly - US News
Audi s4 fully built with twin tial770

Last edited: