2009 Pittsburgh Steelers Schedule

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
Props to the Browns for their win over the Steelers!! The Browns won't make the playoffs this year but they did salvage some pride against a long-time foe. The only downside I can see for the Browns and their faithful Dawgs is the possibility of this win prompting Lerner to keep Mangini as head coach for another year. That would be a shame because they didn't win this game because of him, they won it with HEART.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
Steelers are missing Polamalu. I may be a Titans fan but can still appreciate a great player and I think Polamalu is the best at his position in the league.

Sep 29, 2003
caff I remember hearing lots of stuff about Mangini trying to force his formula on the team and ended up rubbing everyone the wrong way. Players were speaking out and he almost lost the locker room. I would like to see him stick around because I like the way he drafts....some great players came through in New York...Darelle Revis, Dbrickashaw Ferguson, Johnathan Vilma, Nick Mangold, Vernon Gholston, Dustin Keller, Leon Washington.....

May 2, 2002
Ahhh yes...the sun is shining! The birds are singing! What a glorious day!

I don't know how much the team likes Mangini...but he has to get some credit for getting this team up to play.

With our record and all the injuries and young guys...they could have went out there and just half assed it.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Congrats Gimpy. I started posting on here in May of 1998, and I can finally say that you got us this time! Nothing worse than losing to the Browns, but that had to have felt good for you.

I see Nebulizer hasn't got off that L the Steel Boys handed him!!! Hate on hater!!

And Chree....I like you dude....but I fucking hate you.

That's that.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Congrats Gimpy for that win in Cleveland... I'm hearing a lot of shit, especially from my childhood friend who is a Browns fan.

I know Pittsburgh has had key injuries, but that is no excuse for the Offense or Special Teams! We can start by firing Bruce Arians before this week ends, that is if Tomlin has any balls.

GBR at all the busters (Who aren't Browns fans) coming in this thread to take shots... Acting like your surprised The Steelers lost this week??? They lost to The Bungles twice, The Chiefs, The Raiders, Ratbirds, etc. and you act like it was some upset this week? Obviously, there is something really wrong in the organization. Tomlin has the rest of this season and the offseason to fix it. If he doesn't by the end of next season, I know the Rooney's won't have as much patience with him as they did with Cowher...

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I dont think they will or should fire tomlin. He says and does all the right things. But it starts with him and he needs to stop relying on coordinators. Front office needs to address some stuff in the offseason too. Like LINEMEN.

@Gimpy - Tim Couch doesn't count!!

May 2, 2002
HAHA oh but it does...I never thought Couch was that bad...only QB to get us back to the playoffs.

And that game had Ward crying and leaving the field early...so that was nice too!

What has happened to your running game? Usually you guys were good for a couple hundred yards running against us...and that wore us out as the game went on.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I got a boy that used to wear a Couch jersey in high school and I clown his ass for it all the time. Ward cries a lot though - he's a very emotional man haha.

Our running game hasn't been the same all season. It was real bad to start the season off, then Parker got hurt and we got some extra juice from Mendenhall. Then we started hitting our stride and playing regular football. But at some point, even though he was getting over 5 yards a carry, Arians just started changing to this real predictable gameplan. Its like run on first down, pass on second down, short screen on third down, punt. Or if its 3rd and 15, he'll run it up the middle. The dude isn't giving Mendenhall enough carries, not letting him develop, and not calling the right plays for the right situation.

I think IF we would have just run the ball 35 times, we would have worn out the Browns and beat them by 3 TDs. But Arians = stupid fucking Andy Reid wanna be retarded motherfucker.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
I think IF we would have just run the ball 35 times, we would have worn out the Browns and beat them by 3 TDs. But Arians = stupid fucking Andy Reid wanna be retarded motherfucker.
I could not have said it better myself!!!

Also, I wasn't saying fire Tomlin after this season, I was saying give him next season also to fix some things... I'm not upset just because we are losing, but it's the way we are losing! There's a big difference!!!