2009 NBA Draft Lottery

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/#NBA-Draft-Roundup-May-20-3224

-Jrue Holiday in the words of one executive, is “moving up more than anyone in this draft” right now, and could find himself in the 6-10 range when it’s all said and done. He even has an outside chance of being selected 4th by Sacramento, and he will indeed be working out there tomorrow from what we’re told. New York (8), Toronto (9) and Milwaukee (10) appear to be especially interested.

even 6-10 is too high

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=PreDraftTour-090518

Given his background, intelligence and work ethic, my guess is that most NBA teams will be willing to take the risk. In a draft without many players with big upside, Holiday has the chance to be a special player someday. I think he'll fall somewhere in the 8-14 range on draft night. The Knicks, Raptors, Bucks, Pacers and Suns are all possibilities for him. However, some interest exists even higher than that range because Oklahoma City, Minnesota and Golden State all need point guards and have interest in Holiday. Remember that last year, most teams had Westbrook ranked in a similar spot, and he ended up going No. 4 in the draft. That's not out of the question for Holiday.

Sep 4, 2002
draft is super weak this year, and apparently Rubio has no problem going second to Memphis now
I mean honestly, is this dude gonna be a impact starter, or even a factor in this league, he will be luck to be on calderon's level, and if he gets there... thats more then any could expect.

Jul 6, 2008
lol@ jrue going 4th. i think sacto would go after jennings b4 jrue. but then again, this kinda draft, he might be that draft player in the shadows, like jason thompson last year.

i still didnt see anything from him at ucla that said lotto pick.

i mean i saw westbrook do a heck of shit more at ucla, so i could justify westbrook going lotto, but with jrue i just cant see it.. whatever, if teams want to gamble, this is the year.

on rubio, i was thinking last nite that even tho he has upside and room to improve. i have this feeling that he is going to peak alot earlier like 24 and then just be an above average starter in the nba.

some guys peak at 25 and keep going. i jus tdont see rubio getting at a higher ceiling than others. his vision is great, defense is great, but he's like a slower jason kidd.

maybe, rubio will pysically develop, and get stronger and faster, hes only 18, but like i said i think he peaks 5 years into the league, and stays at the above avg nba starter role player level.

Jul 6, 2008
rubio has that jason "white chocalte" williams in him without the shooting, got some razzle dazzle pizazz.

i do see he has a nice shooting form from his upper body, but when he shoots his lower body dont look right.

once, the team that drafts him gets him with a shooting coach to correct his lower body when shooting, and practices that correct form.

if he gets the correct shooting form on his lower body, then we might have soemthing, but til then im not sure that rubio is gonna dominate at the pg position.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
No one's going to give any all-star players for Shaq, you dillusional moron.

And Amare most likely won't be traded, and if he is, the Suns won't get anything substantial for him, because teams know he's going to opt out next year anyways.

He doesn't even want to play for that sorry-ass team. Seriously. And one of Grant Hill's best years? That's because he wasn't limping around with an injury. He was still a good player on an almost-decent team.

The Suns having that 14th team isn't going to help them. Who are they going to draft? No one that will help them, because there is maybe 5 good players in this draft. This is the worst draft class I've seen in years...maybe ever.

So, yeah...I'm not trying to ''hate'' on Phoenix, but they might be good for a 7th seed next year, only to get knocked out by Denver in the first round.

May 8, 2002
What the Suns are=10 games over .500 in the west. What they aren't=garbage.
Trade Shaq for a couple shooters, spread the floor for Amare and Nash, draft an athletic SF to replace Barnes, start Barbosa and the Suns will be back in the playoffs.

Jul 6, 2008
no way, rubio is known for his passes and vision and for his defense, he gets his steals.

he has those long arms, his wingspan is 6-9 so he gets into the passing lanes. his man to man is outstanding, he anticipates where his man is going to be, and meets him at the spot. are sure you talking bout the right palyer.

Sep 4, 2002
no way, rubio is known for his passes and vision and for his defense, he gets his steals.

he has those long arms, his wingspan is 6-9 so he gets into the passing lanes. his man to man is outstanding, he anticipates where his man is going to be, and meets him at the spot. are sure you talking bout the right palyer.
Rubio can't even start for the national team. and he's D is gonna be questionable, just wait till he gets into the league

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Ricky Rubio struggled in a playoff game performance in front of Grizzlies' management, as the team had as successful trip to Spain to meet with the young phenom.

GM Chris Wallace and coach Lionel Hollins watched Rubio struggle to just six points and three assists in an ACB playoff game, where he actually suffered a minor injury. Center Marc Gasol also made the trip to serve as interpreter and ambassador, but there's still an excellent chance the Grizzlies will take Hasheem Thabeet with the second pick.