2007 WAS THE WACKEST YEAR IN MUSIC EVER!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 7, 2004
Music as a whole is doing bad in the eyes of the public. But in reality you know the real world music is doing better then ever. Most artist are coming out now are owning publishing,the label,and make the most of ring tones sold. For those who dont own shit like soulja boy,mims,and huey. I wouldnt say its over for them guys but there on thin ice. Artist are making bucks in 2007-2008. Not to long ago you would be lucky to make 50cent on a cd sale on a major. The budgets are smaller the sales are down but the artist pay is up and thats what its all about. The only thing I dont like is most these artist coming out are garbage. Maybe 2008 can bring some quality albums

Feb 16, 2006
www.thebayisback.com
07 was pretty weak for Bay Area rap....of course there's gonna be a few good albums every year, but overall...not that crackin. Outside the Bay...can't complain...I was feelin the Lupe, Kanye, Jay-Z, Chamillionaire, Gorilla Zoe, and Devin The Dude albums a lot plus more.

Dec 5, 2007
Mainstream artists did it big this year.

Most of the artists/albums being listed are considered underground atleast to the masses. But I think if everyone jus steps they're game up there is enough room for everybody to get it big!

Nov 26, 2007
KEYSHIA COLE RECORD IS RECORD OF THE YEAR IN MY BOOK
To me she had the third best R&B album out last year behind Alicia Keys and Mary J Blige. Their albums just sounded better musically to me. There were some good releases last year that many people didn't even check out like the Devin tha Dude and UGK, definately not the worst ever though. 2008 should be good looking at all of the releases that are scheduled for now.

Jan 23, 2006
hmm seems like i hear this every year except the year just keep changin , bet someone will say 2008 was the worst year ever next year

Jul 22, 2003
This year was not THAT bad....

The bay had a few good ones with Turf Talk and Devils rejectz

and watching the rise of Lil' Wayne was cool even though I feel like he oversaturated himself. Still someone spiting like that and all freestyle?! Thats some amazing shit.

Soldier Boy was some of the worst music I have heard in years...