2 questions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 29, 2004
whew ive been learning alot. Trying to do my best with cd covers. I got the sizes and shit down everything. But a few things

CMYK mode. I now know what everyone is talking about how you will lose you color. first the main q is when i work in cmyk mode do I save it under cmyk mode or under RGB mode?
Cuz when i go to show someone on aim the color is really really really fucked. So please that is a big q.

also

if you lose all that color how the hell do you guys keep your work so clean looking? it fades alot of it.

May 5, 2002
CMYK is for print
RGB is for screen

RGB has more colors because the screen can produce more colors than print. I usually make my shit in RGB, then convert to CMYK for print. A lot of people who do just print usually just work in CMYK so you don't have to tweek the colors at the end like you would if you worked in RGB...

Feb 29, 2004
So is there something wrong with my aim then? Cuz I notice the color loss once I save them under cmyk but when i go to send it to show someone on aim it is really really fucking different. Like the whole color is fucked. Or is it only the message shit.

The reason im really getting on with this is I dont wanna do work for someone have them send it and get it back really fucked.

Try it if you can. Save something under cmyk with lots of color, then look at it on aim, see if it stays the same with you or goes flipped out on the colors.