2 many Funerals

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2002
I wanted 2 know how people have felt about the murders in Oakland and especially the way it has been covered by the Media. It made me angry how it was like they were just using them as numbers as numbers to be able to get more police and just lock up more people. I feel like the young men who lost their life should be remembered as people and not just a number. I knew two of the boys who were murdered. They were just so young and it was not their fault and they desevr more respect. I am going to write in a letter 2 the editor 2 some of the local papers. Let them know the kind of people they were. Cause its just makin me feel like they don't really care. Like all these ignorant ass people are just pickin up their papers and sayin oh isnt that 2 bad another young black male youth is killed by his own-must have been their fault-must have been shot-must have been drug realted-must have been gang related-they must have been bad- they must have just been stupid. They probably think all these things and just move on with their day. WE need to remember that while people may think this its NOT true . We all need 2 do something. Cause this shit is going 2 far. My one friend was only 17!!! 17!!

We gotta start trying to make some changes in our community. Im bout 2 just start being aggressive and just fight to get a teen center to get something positive 4 us youth in Oakland. Cause its just so negative right now if anyone wants 2 help or has suggestions please do cause its gonna take hella work. And if not just do your part to be positive or let someone know that these numbers had faces and have loved ones hurting 4 them. Somethings gotta change cause I dont want to lose anymore friends.

Apr 25, 2002
Cause its just makin me feel like they don't really care
The media doesn't care about black folks in the ghetto..

they never did and they never will...REALITY

You are starting to witness it with your own eyes. I'm glad your white and seeing this, it's always good for white folks to see the racial inequalities going on in these places, because when folks like me Mezzano, or 4fifteenrolla say this shit on BART some folks start to say things like "well its like that everywhere" :rolleyes:

Thanks for writing the local news its greatly appreciated, not many folks hold it down like you are..

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
^^^^

Man, I ain't black and I don't live in Oakland...but I do feel you 100%...I know how it is to lose homies, I lost my first one when he was only 13...and I've lost plenty more since then. My ex girlfriend got blasted and she became another statistic, and I think it's fucked up...

With that said playa, if you need help trying to get this teen center started, I'll stand behind you 100%, and I'm sure all my boys will stand behind you also...the shit needs to stop. Black, white, mexican, asian...a child is a child, and we need to help tomorrow's leaders survive today....that may sound stupid to some people, but that's real shit...

May 5, 2002
WestAfrica2010 said:

You are starting to witness it with your own eyes. I'm glad your white and seeing this, it's always good for white folks to see the racial inequalities going on in these places:
You know Ive been known that I have been thinking it. It made me upset, it hurt. I cared. But now its 2 people that I knew. That I went 2 school with. That I used 2 smile at. People who used 2 always Say what up 2 me when they saw me on the street and I am angry as fuck and I cant just ignore it. Last year I worked on getting a teen center and I got discouraged but now I realize that it is vital. Cause I am ALREADY knowin that there is so much more 2 come. And its not just gonna go away we gotta build from within our communities. We gotta educate and organize and support and employ. Cause people do not care its so fucked up but they dont. There are beautiful people growing up in these neighborhoods but they are not getting the support they need.

I was reflecting on my 2 friends life. Wondering if they were happy with their lives so frusterated that they hadnt lived 2 be successful and find themselves. It made me think how alot of these young men out here are already dead inside. They have already given up, already grown numb to the pain and all of the deaths-the funerals they have been 2. We are raising these beautiful young men to just die before they really do. They don't set goals for themselves or try 2 think 2 big. It all just makes me so upset. Fuck government fuck all that. We gotta do it ourselves we gotta organize by any means neccesary because were the only ones that care and are affected by this.

Apr 25, 2002
I feel bro. I just lost one of my best friends in Fresno the other week. Shit sucks. Just know they in a better place now, and remember the good times. They still alive; we just can't see'um, but they everywhere now. You should name your center after your homies to give them a "face" again. Good luck holmes. PEACE OUT!

Apr 25, 2002
thats how the media treats the deaths of regular folks, especially poor folks, but when Princess Diana dies or the racist ass "Queen Mother" or that racist Richard Nixon, its like "oh no the worlds collapsing around me what a tragedy." until we take over the system, thats how its gonna be, cuz right now they run it, so the media responds to THEM>