10 Hot NW Artists you ain't heard of

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Everybody on this board knows about the Street Level cats etc. and those guys are tight but there is a lot of talent in the town that goes unnoticed even on this board. Here are some outstanding artists/albums that I wouldn't endorse unless they were quality:

Anthem : Grabbed their CD at Tower Records in the U-District. More of a hip-hop sound but the production is excellent. "Hip Hop" is a rugged, anthem style track and "Free" is a very chill, laid back smooth sounding song.

Blue Scholars : Also more of the hip-hop genre but also with good production. Also available at Tower in the UDistrict. The best track on here is "Sagaba" which has a flute beat, very chill. The Seattle Weekly stamped the album as the best local album of the year (bullshit b/c they're a liberal paper so of course they ain't gonna love a gangsta group like the Lac who is much better). Still a good album.

http://www.bluescholars.com/bio.htm

Karizma : Very rugged, emotional lyrics. His self titled album is solid for gangster rap fans.

Khalil Crisis : Hip-hop type but w/ good beats (Vitamin D, the best hip-hop producer in the town, he really knows what he's doing). I think he's also really young, still probably only 18 or so.

http://awol.objector.org/artistprofiles/kcrisis.html

Len Kapone : R.I.P. the song "Motha Fuckin Ridah" is one of the best unheard song coming out of Seattle. I see it as a Seattle street classic. If you hit me up on the IM I will send it to you (w/ no qualms b/c there's no way in hell it's getting out to anybody, he's dead, his albums are nowhere).

N.Y.A. : I had no idea who they were until somebody posted about them a few days ago, I guess they are Doe Dacapo's click. I had heard of them through the R.C. Da Traqaholiq compilation.

Nomad : Hip-hop sound. He's got a very deep, distinctive voice. The Intro is one of the better songs I have ever heard out of Seattle, beat is savage.

Playa'Lo : Whatever happened to him??? He was supposed to come out right after Livio on Pak Pros. I've got a couple unreleased tracks and tracks from Funkdaddy's mixtapes, and he's hot. "Playaz Roll" is one of the best songs to ever come out of Seattle and "Shit On My Mind" is real good too.

Silent Lambs Project : Also excellent hip-hop, production excellent but lyrically even better.

http://www.kpunk.com/silentlambs/

Avocado Baby : OK, I admit I just have him on here b/c he went to my HS. "The Natural" is quality. Maybe he makes the Top 10 in white rappers from the town.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/avocadobaby

Anyway, I know everybody is waiting so hard on those SLR Projects (nobody harder than me), those will be fucking hot but while waiting try to find some of those guys material b/c it 's some of the best stuff to come out of the town.

Mar 11, 2004
i retired so no one is waiting for me anymore. but im a beatmaker again so be on the look out for the new heat that is manifesting. other then the usual i would have to say nicc nutty. the kid is just out of control with his flows and he makes some crazy ass crunk beats in fruity loops. but i think there is only a few in the town that can hang with him lyrically. he needs some more guidence, he is still young in the game but he has all the tools to blow up and that is no lie.

umm thats about it i dont listen to rap anymore.

Aug 18, 2004
Khalil Crisis is like 24-25 and he had a hot ass line in his shit "thug I ain't no thug I just kill people.... can't you understand the southside's afghanistan"

SL Project is pretty ill cats too, they get much respect.

Apr 25, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:
That's because most of that shit is "backpacker" music and cats around here don't really dig that shit.
Yeah I know what you mean but I'd say only Blue Scholars and Anthem fit that description. The rest of them I guess just have more of an East Coast sound to them. Hip-hop people like Nomad and SL Project, definitely not backpacker music.

Mar 23, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
HIFI IS GONNA GET MAD AT ME FOR NOT LIKING EVER RAPPER IN ONE GROUP
TALK ABOUT SOME "LIKE US ALL OR DON'T LIKE ANY OF US" CHIT = LOST OF SALES

JUST BE HAPPY THAT I LIKE AT LEASE ONE MEMBER THAT WOULD PROMP MY TO BUY EVERY CD THAT LOCO IS ON**WAKE UP UNDERSTAND THA GAME AND LEAVE IT AT THAT **
SAVE YOUR SELF THE TROUBLE SANDING THE "HATE" IN MY PM BOX..NOW THAT WOULD PROMP ME NOT TO BUY ANY CD'S (REPEAT THAT)...IF U ARE GONNA PROMOTE, LEARN SOME PR SKILLS..BE MORE PROFESIONAL...I MISSPELL ALL DAY BUT FUCK LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE....AND LACE IT UP RIGHT ...RELAX ON THE "NET ANGER AND GET SOME P R"

May 4, 2002

NYA never did album did they? only seen them on a few compilations....some of them albums is cool....some may be a little too hip hop for alot of people, Karizma had a solid little album.....

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
HIFism said:
ME AND YOU GONNA HAVE TO TALK ABOUT ALL THIS ONE DAY ...ACOUPLE OF MY PEOPLE KNOW YOU AND SEE YOU ALL THE TIME SO HOPFULLY WE CAN RUN INTO EACHOTHER AND DICUSS THIS
NET HATING.......

DaCAPO
SEE THAT'S THE FUNNY THING ABOUT ALL OF THIS I CAN'T HATE NOTHING?
I HELP PEOPLE GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT THIER ART!

IF ANYTHING YOU ARE MAD AT ME FOR SOME REASON OTHER THAN I LIKE LOCO'S MUSIC AND AND JUST HIM..THE OTHER STUFF JUST AINT SOMETHING TO I GO OUT AND BUY AND THAT'S NOT HATE THAT IS CALLED "I LIKE THIS AND IF THAT COMES WITH THIS THAN I'M BUY IT"

LIKE I SAID IN MY PM TO U
"ALL IT TAKES IS ONE REASON FOR PEOPLE TO BUY A CD....BE THANKFUL I HAVE A RESAON TO BUY IT"....AND THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT

IS THAT BETTER PUT?

Mar 23, 2003
www.soundclick.com
SLOWPOKED

SEE NIGGA YOU GOT SHIT TWISTED YOU SHITTING ON CLICK(GANG)..IF I WAS TO TALK HOOD SHIT AND YOU SAID MY HOOD WAS WEAK THEN WOULD I BE WRONG FOR MASHING YOU THA FUCK OUT OR SENDING ONE MY NINJA'z......(how could I put this).....
I'M TRYING TO FIGURE HOW TO HANDLE THIS CUZ NET BEEF IS NOTHING I'M IN THE STREETZ AND MY NIGGA JUST TOLD ME WHO YOU ARE YOU KNOW WHO I AM BUT NOT BY DACAPO ......I WILL NOT BEEF ON THE NET I GOT IT(REAL BEEF) WIT TO MANY NIGGAZ DAT HOLD HEAT LIKE ME TO BE FIRING MY FINGERZ ON THE KEYBOARD....IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY CLICK SO BE IT..........JUST DON'T PRESS YOUR OPINION ON OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT HEARD US YET...AND WERE NO WERE NEAR HIP-HIP RAP..I'M NOT EVEN A RAPPER ...I'M GANGSTER DAT TALK ABOUT LIFE!

SO DOES DAT MEAN WHEN N.Y.A PUTz THA LOCO vol.1 OF A 3 CD SET DAT MY LABELS RELEASING ARE YOU GONNA STILL COP IT CUZ YOU LIKE LOCO?...IF YES WE WILL GRADLY EXCEPT YOUR MONEY IF NOT NO BUST WE GOT FAN BASE FROM HERE TO ATL....AND ALSO I CAN ONLY SPEAK FOR N.Y.A NOT S4L RECORDZ SO DON'T TANSFER THE HATE IF YOU GOT BUSINESS WIT THEM HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS ...I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP

Mar 23, 2003
www.soundclick.com
TRMNDUS said:
NYA never did album did they? only seen them on a few compilations....some of them albums is cool....some may be a little too hip hop for alot of people, Karizma had a solid little album.....
YOU RIGHT....FEATURED ON 151 & R.C's WHEN IT RAINS..... THEN 151,ECLIPES,SLIM REEPER AND AT ONE TIME GANGSTER NUTT PLUS N.Y.A BECAME ALL AMERICAN HUSTLERZ WIT ALL TOP NOTCH HITTERZ AND THEN 151 PUT A SONG ON C-BO'S WEST SIDE RIDERZ (THUGGIN REAL HARD) ..verse://COME THRU WIT THA 45 AND DIRT YA NIGGAZ/ LIVE LIFE LIKE SUGE J-JERK YA NIGGAZ/ WIPE DAT LOOK OFF YOUR FACE IF YOU SMERKING NIGGA/YOU MITE PACK A BIG THANG BUT YOU AIN'T MERKING NIGGAZ//....151 STILL HAS THE DATA AND WE WILL ONE DAY RELEASE IT TILL THEN NIGGAZ JUST TRYING TO BUILD DAT STRONG NAME

DaCapo DaGreat

www.scarred4life.com