10-foot Afghan Marijuana Plants

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 21, 2005
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/10/12/canada.troops.marijuana.reut/index.html

OTTAWA, Canada (Reuters) -- Canadian troops fighting Taliban militants in Afghanistan have stumbled across an unexpected and potent enemy -- almost impenetrable forests of marijuana plants 10 feet tall.

General Rick Hillier, chief of the Canadian defense staff, said Thursday that Taliban fighters were using the forests as cover. In response, the crew of at least one armored car had camouflaged their vehicle with marijuana.

"The challenge is that marijuana plants absorb energy, heat very readily. It's very difficult to penetrate with thermal devices. ... And as a result you really have to be careful that the Taliban don't dodge in and out of those marijuana forests," he said in a speech in Ottawa, Canada.

"We tried burning them with white phosphorous -- it didn't work. We tried burning them with diesel -- it didn't work. The plants are so full of water right now ... that we simply couldn't burn them," he said.

Even successful incineration had its drawbacks.

"A couple of brown plants on the edges of some of those [forests] did catch on fire. But a section of soldiers that was downwind from that had some ill effects and decided that was probably not the right course of action," Hiller said dryly.

One soldier told him later: "Sir, three years ago before I joined the army, I never thought I'd say 'That damn marijuana'."

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
How are those sons of bitches not going to have a fucking PICTURE?!

And that's a good idea for the Taliban...The cops out here where I go to school just linked up with a couple other counties for a marijuana task force...they've got a helicopter and thermal shit to find the chronic....it's too bad...

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
Actually...Afghan is a very potent strand....hard to get in the states though....

Not really. I had AK at least 8 times in the last year and one of my homies old roommates had a plant a few years ago.

May 9, 2002
Sixxness said:
Not really. I had AK at least 8 times in the last year and one of my homies old roommates had a plant a few years ago.
Theres a strand called strictly "Afghan"...its usually golden...not BROWN..but GOLDEN....and its not seedy and strainy....its buddy and has a unique smell....

AK-47 is always around in Washington....

May 9, 2002
Afghani

A pure variety, never hybridized, imported from Afghanistan, grown in Holland. Very broad leaves, 100% Indica. Heavy buds with lots of resin. Some plants turn purple at harvest time. Rather high flower to leaf ratio. Aroma and flavor are heavy, almost medicinal. Very strong, physical, practically narcotic high. Average yields. Specifications: ~ Flower: 8-9 weeks

AK-47 a.k.a Special-K

A Sativa-Indica hybrid that produces a quick stone with a long-lasting cerebral high. She is tall with large girth and giant calyxes. The aroma is spicy with a slight sandalwood taste. This girl can satisfy any connoisseurs' taste. So wake and bake with a bud of AK

http://www.seedbankupdate.com/strains.html

Ona side note....my buddy has some of this the other day....

Northern Lights #1

Developed in Seattle, perfected in Holland, Northern Lights has become the "State of the Art" indoor plant. A must! Specifications: ~ Flower: 45-50 days ~ Height: 100-125 cm ~ Yield: 300-325 gr/sqM

^^^^^^I aint seen that shit in almost 10 years...blew my mind!!!

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
Theres a strand called strictly "Afghan"...its usually golden...not BROWN..but GOLDEN....and its not seedy and strainy....its buddy and has a unique smell....

AK-47 is always around in Washington....

Just so I got this straight...Afghan and Afghani Kush are different? Cause I know my homey's old roommate had an Afghan...and I've been getting AK for awhile...speaking of which, I wouldn't mind some right now....I need to make a trip to Holland already...

Thanks for the info...I didn't realize that. I guess you learn something new each day...

May 9, 2002
Sixxness said:
Just so I got this straight...Afghan and Afghani Kush are different? Cause I know my homey's old roommate had an Afghan...and I've been getting AK for awhile...speaking of which, I wouldn't mind some right now....I need to make a trip to Holland already...

Thanks for the info...I didn't realize that. I guess you learn something new each day...
Just look at the post right above you...i listed the difference..

Also....im wrong on the golden color...i was thinking of the OTHER strain thats next to impossible to get in the states...Acupolco(sp?) Gold...that shit is golden...Afghani is darker green....almost a brownish,earthy color....smells kind of cirtusy or minty-fresh....