10/23 Pete Rock & CL Smooth at Soundwave in Mission Beach San Diego!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 2, 2006

10/23 at the Soundwave in Mission Beach....

Pete Rock & CL Smooth
LMNO and Mr Brady
Old English with special guest Odessa Kane

Mt. Vernon, New Yorkers Pete Rock (a producer/DJ) and rapper C.L. Smooth emerged in 1992 as both a powerhouse performance duo and as prolific producers. Their 1992 album Mecca and the Soul Brother was a hip-hop classic with great cuts including "They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)" and "Straighten It Out." They later collaborated with Mary J. Blige for a remix of her song "Reminisce" that effectively merged the two tracks in a re-edited hit. Their next album, The Main Ingredient, appeared in 1994, but they split for solo careers one year later.

Fast forward to 2010 and they will be making there way to the stage at Soundwave in Mission Beach for the first time together as Pete Rock & CL Smooth in years. Last time I personally seen them together was at L5 in downtown SD when they were doing some of the best shows week in and week out for a few months. Hands down the Pete Rock and CL Smooth show was one for the books and this next show should be no different.

Music all night by the Armory Massive(CROS1, Hektik, FELT1) and Dj Artistic(NoSuckerDJ's/Deep Rooted/Sleeping Giant Music)

Going down at
Soundwave
3125 Ocean Front Walk
San Diego, CA 92109

Presale tickets are available online at
http://whsd.inticketing.com/events2/127595/Pete-Rock--CL-Smooth

$22 presale tickets now available at

Armory Downtown
803 F St
619-238-8151

Access Music Pacific Beach
1537 Garnet Ave
858-270-3987

Tribal Store Downtown
944 Fifth Ave
619-525-9800

Jaycee's Market-Golden Hills
2511 C St
619-233-0902

Dec 25, 2003
Thats reel dope rite there!!! Im now havin 2nd thoughts of seein them live cuz they were killin the old school hip-hop era wit classics like Reminence Over You & Mecca & the Soul Brother & Soul Survivor bein one of my fav late 90 hip-hop classics!!! Damn thats gettin me hella hyped now......

Oct 2, 2006
Actually I seen them live back like 6 years ago they did there thing at L5 they got a dope live show. Gotta think the golden era sound theres nothing like it. They will be doing all there classic joints. Also after the show we will continue with good music like a party since its a Saturday night. Dont want to do that cornball shit most venues do where right after the show they kick everyone out haha. Its gonna be a good night for hip hop.
peace
CROS1

Dec 25, 2003
Shit just after u announced that after party; that made me wanna stick around if Im for sure am going to the show cuz I was plannin to head to PB bar & grill after that but since ya gonna throw a classic hip-hop afterparty then fuck headin to the grill Imma gonna party on til to the very end hopefully I can get to chop up wit sum heads...
I want that shit to crack!!!