002 and Rosetta

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 29, 2002
www.facebook.com
Hello PT users...this is where Im having an issue Im currently using a Digi 002 console and running a Apogge Rosetta 200 via SPDIF into the 002. Ive notice when I do that I lose my monitoring in my headphone jacks off the 002. I did try this running the Apogee output into the 002 ALT SRC to monitor and go out of the digi 002 to the amp but it sounded distorted. Is there an internal way I can send a output to the headphone jacks in Pro Tools if so please put me up on game. Thanks

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
ok so let me get this straight. You have spdif out from your converter going to the spdif in on your 002? And you made the appropriate I/O changes within pro tools such as selecting the spdif input for each track/channel?

I did try this running the Apogee output into the 002 ALT SRC to monitor and go out of the digi 002 to the amp but it sounded distorted

Those operate at a -10dbv signal and your device probably operates at +4dbu. You need to learn about level matching and impedence. Which outputs are you using on the 002 the main outs or alt outs?

There is no reason you should experience what you're going through unless the I/O configuration has been changed, there is user error on your part, or the machine is broken.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Remove all yamaha midi drivers and don't install them on a machine you are using pro tools on. My motif es almost caused my system to have a heart attack, but I found out the midi drivers were corrupting everything.

I'm glad you got it working and glad I was of some sort of help. Keep it crackin.