Louie

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
I was referring to Louie stalking the kid, seeing where he lived (which apparently wasn't very accessible), and confronting his parents. No, most people would NOT do that, although I think many WOULD like to (see WHY he is like that).

Even with that said, I think most people DO avoid conflict...its human nature. And while "flight-or-flight" is a human reaction, "flight" tends to take precedence over "fight", especially when outnumbered.

These two sentences contradict one another. Because he obviously DID confront him...and in fact, did it TWICE (although the second time was indirectly). And the "bully" also confronted Louie, which would also defeat your observation.

You can say what you want, but that was just a very non-comedic way of looking at a social situation in which people would LIKE to do and just dont have the balls or even time to do. Like Larry David, he portrays MANY social situations in the same fashion, only it IS in a very comedic way.
I agree with you regarding him stalking the kid.

To clarify about the two allegedly contradicting statements:

I'm talking about situations where someone is being a bully. So the bully's confrontation is a given. In those situations, most people want the confrontation to dissipate. As far as "confronting" the parents, what he did wasn't "confrontation" in the same sense as the bully situation because he didn't go there to pick or engage in a fight with the parents. He assumed that parents are parents and not sociopaths. Near the end it started to become a confrontation, especially when the mother started calling him names, hitting him and telling him to get out. And sure enough, Louie fled from the confrontation. But at no point was he looking for confrontation in the sense that I mean.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/confrontation (see definition 4.)

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
IMO.... Louie is the best show on tv. Granted, there are lots of shows I don't watch. But Louie is just so refreshing as a sitcom. The standard sitcom format is old hat now. Louie is sometimes hilarious, sometimes dramatic, often poignant and always honest. He gets a quarter-mil to make each episode, and he has complete creative control. I hope it stays like that.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
IMO.... Louie is the best show on tv. Granted, there are lots of shows I don't watch. But Louie is just so refreshing as a sitcom. The standard sitcom format is old hat now. Louie is sometimes hilarious, sometimes dramatic, often poignant and always honest. He gets a quarter-mil to make each episode, and he has complete creative control. I hope it stays like that.
lol @ best show on tv....

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Well that was surprisingly funny and consistent, off to a good start. Hopefully he can keep the quality up and not have as many low points as last season. The climax to the emergency with his sister was lame as fuck tho.

Sep 17, 2007
the show Louie had on HBO was way funnier. I wasn't even laughing much at the episode last night and I'm actually a big fan of his comedy. I keep watchin tho, i'm sure it will pick up.

oh and Wilfred was weak as fuck.

Jul 25, 2007
god damn he gets paid $250,000 per episode???

whoa
The voice actors that do The Simpsons get paid like half a mil per episode. They had a show interviewing the voice actors and some of them work from home. Recording their lines then sending them via email to the production company. Talk about living an easy ass fucking life.