Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Expected to Headline UFC 158 in March

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 22, 2012

A long time rivalry and grudge match will finally be settled in March as UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre meets Nick Diaz in the headline fight for UFC 158 in Montreal.

The two fighters have verbally agreed to the match-up according to sources speaking to MMAWeekly.com, with bout agreements issued for the March 16 showdown in Montreal. LaPresse.ca also reported on Friday that at least Diaz has already signed his agreement with St-Pierre expected to follow suit shortly. MMAFighting.com initially reported the fight earlier this week.

Twice previously, St-Pierre and Diaz have been scheduled to meet, but both times they never actually got into the cage with one another.

The first match-up ended before it began when Diaz failed to appear at a press conference and for other commitments the UFC had made for him leading up to the fight. In response, UFC president Dana White yanked him from the fight, which would have eventually changed anyways because weeks later St-Pierre ended up pulling out due to injury.

The same thing happened for their scheduled bout earlier this year when St-Pierre suffered another setback with his knee that ended with him in surgery and out for the majority of 2012.

Now with St-Pierre healthy and prepared to fight, he asked the UFC for another shot at Diaz in 2013. Diaz is still currently serving out the rest of his time for a suspension handed down from the Nevada State Athletic Commission, after he tested positive for marijuana earlier this year.

Diaz will be eligible to apply for a fight license again in February 2013, well ahead of his newly scheduled bout against St-Pierre.

The one person left on the outside looking in is welterweight contender Johny Hendricks, who had been vying for the top spot in the division with three top ten wins over the last year. Hendricks knocked out Martin Kampmann at UFC 154 to secure his place as the top contender, but the rivalry between St-Pierre and Diaz has trumped that idea.

St-Pierre and Diaz are expected to headline UFC 158 in Montreal on March 16 with the co-main event pitting Rory MacDonald against Carlos Condit.

Feb 12, 2004
I am a huge fan of the Diaz bros, but Greg Jackson laid out the blue print to beat them easily: counter-strike throwing a lot of leg kicks and run away. If the Diaz brothers cant get you to stand right infront of them or back you against the cage they are fucked. Expect GSP to employ this exact same game plan.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2002
i see him switching his strategy after watching nate get dismantled by leg kicks
not being able to see out of one of his eyes did it . not leg kicks , cerrone was able to land heavy leg kicks against nate and even dropped him from leg kicks . you can tell if you watch the fight nathan's depth perception was off when he'd throw out the jab .

Sep 24, 2006
not being able to see out of one of his eyes did it . not leg kicks , cerrone was able to land heavy leg kicks against nate and even dropped him from leg kicks . you can tell if you watch the fight nathan's depth perception was off when he'd throw out the jab .
use all the excuses u want but he got his ass whooped and the same thing will happend to his brother against GSP

Apr 25, 2002
use all the excuses u want but he got his ass whooped and the same thing will happend to his brother against GSP
bendo fought a great fight and implemented his game plan with great efficiency. the only thing i said was nate losing the ability to see out of one of his eyes was more of a factor than bendo's leg kicks :dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Sep 24, 2006
bendo fought a great fight and implemented his game plan with great efficiency. the only thing i said was nate losing the ability to see out of one of his eyes was more of a factor than bendo's leg kicks :dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:
no disrespect i just quoted you cuz you were the last to post it. just seeing every where how people are trying to make excuses why diaz lost. not seeing out your eye is a factor but i think either way diaz would have got beat. I personally just dont think the Diaz bros are that great. to me they are more middle of the pact fighters and thats where they should stay.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
no disrespect i just quoted you cuz you were the last to post it. just seeing every where how people are trying to make excuses why diaz lost. not seeing out your eye is a factor but i think either way diaz would have got beat. I personally just dont think the Diaz bros are that great. to me they are more middle of the pact fighters and thats where they should stay.
Ok Ill keep it super real. I really only like Nate because I love Nick. I think Nick is an upper echelon fighter. Nate is probably like u said middle of the pack or a bit higher. When Nate got destroyed by MacDonald I was pissed and was about done with Nate. I know it was at 170 but still, no way should he have gotten beat like that. He then impressed 3 str8 fights and beat 3 very good fighters. To me though Nick is the truth and is more talented and I can see him being the UFC champ soon. Got Em!!

Sep 24, 2006
Ok Ill keep it super real. I really only like Nate because I love Nick. I think Nick is an upper echelon fighter. Nate is probably like u said middle of the pack or a bit higher. When Nate got destroyed by MacDonald I was pissed and was about done with Nate. I know it was at 170 but still, no way should he have gotten beat like that. He then impressed 3 str8 fights and beat 3 very good fighters. To me though Nick is the truth and is more talented and I can see him being the UFC champ soon. Got Em!!
see i respect ur opinion on that. it just seems to me from the fights ive seen ( i havent seen them all so i cant judge them all) that when u throw either one of them in there with someone who has a decent ground game and/or leg kicks then they really cant figure it out and they lose. Like i said i havent seen all fights by either im just going off what i have seen. I stopped watching ufc for about a year and just started again about 5 months ago.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
see i respect ur opinion on that. it just seems to me from the fights ive seen ( i havent seen them all so i cant judge them all) that when u throw either one of them in there with someone who has a decent ground game and/or leg kicks then they really cant figure it out and they lose. Like i said i havent seen all fights by either im just going off what i have seen. I stopped watching ufc for about a year and just started again about 5 months ago.
Thats the thing though, Nick is a beast on the ground as well. People dont know that because of his tremendous striking skills. I cant wait for this fight so we can see the real deal. Got Em!!

Props: nrodgers
Sep 24, 2006
Thats the thing though, Nick is a beast on the ground as well. People dont know that because of his tremendous striking skills. I cant wait for this fight so we can see the real deal. Got Em!!
Honestly I hope your right. I'm getting tired of seeing GSP with the belt. But I dont have a good feeling about this fight for Diaz. But I hope he can prove me wrong.