WWE FIRES A.W OVER THAT KOBE COMMENT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
SInce they fired him for talking about kobe bryant they need to fire fat albert lord tensai now for making that racist comment about japanese on that video a week ago SInce they said he will be punished.

WWE > A.W. Released By WWE, Goes On Twitter Rant
Posted by Steve Carrier on 08/10/2012 at 07:29 PM

WWE announced Friday that they come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar A.W. as of today, August 10, 2012. "WWE wishes A.W. the best in all his future endeavors," the company noted. The terminated personality subsequently went on multi-post diatribe on Twitter ripping the organization:

AWPromotions is no more ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for your support and hate, it's been a great run. Now I get to do me which isn't PG!

@TitusONeilWWE & M @Moie14 YoungWWE thank you for allowing me to speak on your behalf. You guys are the best and I'm glad to call u my friends!

I've offended the wrong people that taught me how to have ATTITUDE It was the #WWE that made me bold and now it has turned it's back on me

Let this be a lesson to up and coming talent in the WWE don't try and be great like the Rock or Stone Cold. WWE isn't the same...

Just be normal shut up and be a yes man so you can collect your check and feel like your special. #SELLOUTS!!

I remember a time when the WWE didn't care about breaking the mold but now everyone is so afraid of their own shadow. #RemeberTheFans

Thanks to the fans who showed me support over the whole Kobe thing and to those I upset I apologize again. Remember It's entertainment folks

I really do hope Linda wins that election because If not then all of this BS has been for nothing. #GoLinda!!

Feb 8, 2003
Even though i wasnt a fan of his. aw definately making some great points. i think he may be able to file a lawsuit if he gather up some ex talent that was done the same way.

WWE > A.W. Angry With Linda McMahon & Rips WWE; Details
Posted by Mitch Newton on 08/11/2012 at 05:08 AM

After WWE unceremoniously terminated A.W.'s contract Friday for what a company spokesman said was due to his continued use of offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media after uttering a rape joke on the July 30 episode of Raw, the All World Promotions chief posted a barrage of vitriolic messages on Twitter blistering his former employer for what he perceives are double standards.

A.W. strongly feels it is unjust that he's now out of job when Big Show made a similar remark referencing NBA player Kobe Bryant's sexual assault case, Vince McMahon reneged WWE's anti-bullying campaign two months ago on Raw by ridiculing Jim Ross' facial paralysis, CM Punk told a fan on Twitter to kill himself, Triple H simulated mock sex with a mannequin in a casket, McMahon used a racial epithet on national television, and the company showcased a character making light of mentally challenged individuals, among other unsavory events. Fans comments he posted include: "VINCE MCMAHON CAN SAY THE "N" WORD ON NATIONAL T.V. BUT @AWPromotions CAN'T TELL A JOKE.............whats wrong with this picture???"

"McMahon is a hypocrite! It's cool for him to mock JR's Bells Palsy, & you aren't cut any slack for one joke? #BeAStarVince."

"I hope Vince hasn't forgot How he mocked @JRsBBQ on #RAW live, and @AWPromotions gets released for one joke?"

"@if only you had strangled someone with your tie, you'd be back within 6 months lol."

"so Dx can tell everyone to suck it but u can't make a joke?"

"@CMPunk told one of his twitter followers to kill themselves. biggest double standard in the world."

" C @cutdeythoat has sex with a dead girl but @AWPromotions makes a kobe joke and gets fired."

"Vince can kick the leg out from under a one legged kid, wrestle women, mock The mentally retarded and he fired you!!!"

"@Didn't Big Show make a Kobe Bryant reference in a battle rap with Cena in 2003 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V6gr8CB-Eg ... but AW gets let go?"

A.W. feels he is a casualty of Linda McMahon's Republican pursuit of a United States Senate seat in Connecticut, which many have speculated has led the sports-entertainment organization to take action on any matter deemed controversial so as not to affect her campaign.

He tweeted to Linda, "Creates jobs my ass!! I'm fired thanks to you and your campaign."

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I sort of liked AW, kinda reminded me of a newer generation Jimmy Hart. I hope he didnt dig himself into a hole where they will never bring him back.

Feb 8, 2003
wrestlers needs to create a union, ask for certain changes and if not, go on strike. imagine if half of the WWE wrestlers went on strike?
exactly and vince dont have enough stars to fill in incase of a strike. I think JTG starting some kind of strike now bc he said he speaking for many mid carders that are scared to speak. I dont like how they doing Alex Riley now all bc he punked john cena out backstage when he got ribbed.

yeah AW was starting to standout, thing is he the one who brought life to that prime time players tag team. they gonna be horrible now without him to speak for them.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
in this facebook group i'm in, they stated that mid card wrestlers only get $500 each time they wrestle. and their travel expenses are not covered. WTF! all these fucks were bashing warrior when he held up Vinnie for money, dont sound like a bad idea now huh? lol
they need to make a union ASAP. now is the time. I'd go on tv too, bringing all this shit up. Linda's campaign team would have a stroke.

Feb 12, 2012
Im a Laker fan and I think this is complete bullshit! Big Show and John Cena made similar jokes back in the day and no one in WWE said anything.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
If the wrestlers formed a union (which will never happen), the drastic seperation in salaries has prolly created division in the
locker room. The upper tier guys don't give a shit about JTG or AW...

Also, even if their was a union, it more than likely wouldn't be able to help AW. All companies have a code of conduct which he obviously violated and its the companies discretion on punishment up to and including termination.

May 24, 2002
I don't think WWE wrestlers can go on strike without it killing them financially. Unless you are a big name star in WWE. your mid carder isn't going to survive with no pay check and being under contract they can't wrestle for anyone else... So, why strike?

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
I don't think WWE wrestlers can go on strike without it killing them financially. Unless you are a big name star in WWE. your mid carder isn't going to survive with no pay check and being under contract they can't wrestle for anyone else... So, why strike?
true. but you can apply that logic to us regular joes working 9 to 5's. some people who work for At&T are on strike in my neighborhood. and i thought the same thing, "how in the world could you go on strike during these times."
but who is gonna be hurt more financially all of the mid carders, or the WWE? No mid carders means no house shows, people pay to see whats on the house show, so if half the roster is on strike, people gonna want their money back and let the domino effect begin. a strike would also raise concerns to the stockholders as well. i think it is very beneficial for them to go on strike.
Off top i think AW is annoying, but if his contract did not state this was a reason for him to be terminated then its lawsuit time. But i'm sure it did, so he's fucked lol

Oct 11, 2009
A.W. AND THE MIDCARDERS HAVE A POINT THO... A.W. MADE ONE COMMENT AND IN ALL HONESTY IT WASN'T EVEN THAT BAD OF A COMMENT AND GETS FIRED FOR IT... THE KOBE THING HAPPENED ALMOST 10 YEARS AGO... AT SOME POINT PEOPLE HAVE TO LET IT GO,,, PLUS HE NEVER EVEN USED THE WORD RAPE... PEOPLE GET OVERLY SENSITIVE... AS FAR AS THE MID-CARDERS GO, TO E WORKING THEIR ASSES OFF FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE YEAR AND GET PAID NEXT TO NOTHING WHILE WATCHING PEOPLE LIKE BROCK MAKE LIKE 10 APPEARANCES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR AND GET BREADED OUT IS BEYOND UNFAIR... RAW, SMACKDOWN, AND THESE HOUSE SHOWS ARE NOT FILLED WITH MAIN EVENTERS... IT'S NOT THE MID-CARDERS FAULT WWE HAS BAD WRITING/BOOKING BUT THEY'RE THE ONES WHO GET TREATED LIKE SHIT BECAUSE OF IT... AND THEN THERE'S THE BACKSTAGE POLITICS THAT HOLD PEOPLE BACK FOR WHATEVER REASON... IT'S REALLY FUCKED UP...