NWA was a great movie

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 27, 2014
Brought me back to the 90's do you think it was accurate? Jerry Heller love him or hate him he is the only reason Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and a portion of PAC exist. Dope ass movie I hope it brings low riders back. My son loved it he didn't think it was a true story. I'm from a black part of the bay and when Rodney King went down we felt it up here too I got an A on a report I wrote about the riots with the Chronic in my walk man the entire time. Lol anybody from so cal got an opinion on the movie? I loved it. Watched it in downtown Sac seen old ass bloods and crips feeling it together lol

Nov 27, 2014
I also noticed increased police around the area when the movie came out. LA rap isn't articulate like the bay or NYC it was in your face and changed the entire country tho

Nov 27, 2014
Dr. Dre worked hard I don't think he's a punk he was smart IMO, look at gangster ass Suge Knight he's in prison hella old fighting murder and Dre is a billionaire, Easy died of aids, who won? Dre and Cube changed the game.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
The move was dope, just saw it yesterday in palm springs. They did a really good job at casting the characters. I was happy to see in the credits that Ice Cube was a part of the production of the movie, rather than someone on the outside looking to make a quick buck off the brand.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
Just mobbed to the cinema today to see Absolutely Anything (funny ass film btw, fuck the critics), and I'm surprised to see no posters up for NWA.

It drops on the 28th over here, you best believe I'm gonna be there for the first showing. I'm pretty hyped.

e$c

Sicc OG
Nov 16, 2009
I went on opening night & I thought it was off the hook. Only thing that really bothered is that the theater was like 70% kids who never knew who NWA was until this movie came out.

I was waiting for them to get in to the Dre Day & Real Muthafuccin G's part but I think they avoided it outta respect to Eazy.

SPOILER ALERT: Ice Cube leaves the group & Eazy-E dies.

Aug 17, 2002
with a movei like this it's tough, but it's hard to ignore some of the inaccuracies. like the tupac scene, which took place before Eazy's death, or how jerry heller and eazy actually meet. or how ruthless jumped lench mob after the release of death certificate, when it happened before the release of n4life (correct me if i'm wrong on this one, it's been a while since i listened to n4life)
of course i think they made eazy look way too sensitive, as if he just saw Dre sell 5 million records and just put his head in the sand. he was obviously living less luxuriously toward the end, but he went out with a flury, the dre and dog pound diss songs, putting out bone thugs.

they also made it seem like it was Eazy's fault for DOC crashing, as if eazy kicked him out and then doc just drove off drunk and crashed. does anyone know about the legitimacy of that?

Feb 10, 2006
They had no choice but to change things up a lil bit because it's only 2.5 hrs long. So much to discuss for the hardcore fans that grew up on it and such a great way to let the younger audience know what sacrifices they made so we all can enjoy the real hip hop that is being made til this day. So many hidden clues and hints were being thrown throughout the movie though. The movie was great over all and the key message to it all is enjoy everything while it lasts because nothing lasts forever. I love how they depicted Eazy E because it was either that, or he was a womanizing pig who did nothing but gangbang and did drive byes all day and died not giving a fuck. He always wanted people to learn and grow with him and wanted a better life for everybody but he was too hood for the industry.

May 2, 2015
Of course they're going to make dre look tough he's a billionaire and was probably a driving force behind the movie. "History is written by the victors." Ghenghis Khan -1942
I get what you are trying to say but

1. "History is written by the victors" is not attributed to Ghenghis Khan, more like Winston Churchill,
and 2. Ghenghis Khan died in 1227, not 1942.

LMAO!

May 2, 2015
Good to see Tiny Doo free at this time and let people know how there's a part of the country that still doesn't understand how this art form is an outlet for inner city youths:

It's funny the banner says "Eazy E's daughter says the movie is accurate." Like she is an authority. The best she remembers is drinking Khoolaid at her grandma's house, not grown folks business.