Who Can Sell 25,000 Units? Can It Be Done?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2003
www.myspace.com
tadou said:
@S.W.I.
You are a ghost and someone who is non-existant. You talk a mean game, but none of it means anything because you cant be fact-checked. Your whole role here is to be a pretender.

@Cool Nutz
Simon, carnal. Me importa un carajo lo que me dices.

@Ace
This "trying to use big metaphors and lots of syllables", is what got me a $2,000 WWU scholarship, so I must not be doing anything too wrong. Surely it is not trying when you know exactly what you are doing.

You can continue being a politician-in-training all you want--"Give respect when its due"...what a played out cliche--but not all of us want nor need to do the same, for the love and adulation of a ruling class on the decline.
Man tadou homie i dont know you but i will say you sound crazy some times with this school shit, who the fuck needs to know how to speak that shit up here.
lol we niggas we teach muthafucka's how to speak our shit.... like the words that hip hop cats speak thats our shit. so what im saying is to be in this game of rap you got to talk and walk like us niggas you dig, and kurk no brain's did not make the big moves that sir mixalot has done sir, he didnt have time to. remember it aint where you from its where you @ and it aint where you @ its what you know!!! d-sane teach this dude some game please!!

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
niggas is gone fuck wit whoever they fuck wit and thats how its finna be, if a nigga look at me and see someone who aint real, i gives a shit, holler back at me in 10 years when both our careers falls through & this nigga over here is slangin dope and workin at burger king & im laid back wit a big truck and my own house, we gone see whos the real one then. actin like im 25 and just started rapping yesterday when a nigga 20 in college gettin his mind right & paper straight before jumpin head first in the game, Allah blessed me wit this mind right here, i aint finna fuck that up for nobody. niggas is gone eat they words when they realize this shit aint a game to me

SEE ME WHEN YOU SEE ME

Nov 7, 2003
www.myspace.com
tadou said:
niggas is gone fuck wit whoever they fuck wit and thats how its finna be, if a nigga look at me and see someone who aint real, i gives a shit, holler back at me in 10 years when both our careers falls through & this nigga over here is slangin dope and workin at burger king & im laid back wit a big truck and my own house, we gone see whos the real one then. actin like im 25 and just started rapping yesterday when a nigga 20 in college gettin his mind right & paper straight before jumpin head first in the game, Allah blessed me wit this mind right here, i aint finna fuck that up for nobody. niggas is gone eat they words when they realize this shit aint a game to me

SEE ME WHEN YOU SEE ME
DOPE LOL, who the hell needs DOPE, man you got shit fucked up. bout time you get out of school you will be 30 years of age..lol just getting started @ your 9 to 5. rap aint the only thang cats fuck wit out here homie. you sound like niggas on here aint got shit,,lol..... and some info for ya sir, bill gates droped out of school...oops that rich dumb muthafucka...lol i love him................lol

Dec 20, 2003
tadou said:

SEE ME WHEN YOU SEE ME
lol at this nigga trying to act hard. Hostess

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
tadou said:

SEE ME WHEN YOU SEE ME

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Cool Nutz said:
The thing is, I can put your product in stores. I could place your album through distribution with a simple word. I could put your name in magazines. I have those relationships. And I can put you on a real stage in a real veune, with real sound. Just ask some of the MC's in the NW that I have actually done some of these things for. I could also do it for you, but there is one small problem, you don't have any product for me to do that with.

For real, I'll give you a shout when my EP is done by October.

hahahaha, just playing.

Apr 25, 2002
JusFamilyRecords.com
@ Tadou

I know cats all throughout the region that are your age and are putting out albums. You are just making excuses. I know cats that are in school, that are selling dope, that are working jobs, and they are still putting out albums and not trying to give a whole bunch of excuses as to why they aren't in the game. There are some dudes your age that could give you some advice, since you don't want to listen to us older, stupider guys that don't seem to have a clue. We are all waiting to see what you will do once you do put your foot in the game.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com

SEE ME WHEN YOU SEE ME

> MFW I drive a big truck for a living, but no house yet. 18 months left on the clock!

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
I forgot about that specific post - I was looking for something else. I remember ("remember", at least) saying almost a decade ago about how important it was going to become to have video cameras and start shooting footage anywhere and everywhere -- instead of just spending all your money on different microphones, speakers, mixers, and other equipment.

This before Google bought YouTube, and YT/WSHH became 2 of the top spots for rappers to promote themselves.....through videos. And SoundClick/MP3.com both basically died.

The search continues.

Congrats..10 years and a truck!You showed us.
The truck isn't even mine, I just drive it/them. That's the best part. I cringe reading my old posts, not because the logic/foresight wasn't there, but I was...how would you guys say...out of pocket most of the time.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Searched, and I'm just depressed more than anything.

Buying features, at time when sales are at a low point, IS NOT A WISE DECISION. The ONLY way to build fans at this juncture is to build up a stockpile of Mixtapes, DVDs and Merchandise, and push those products Online and through Shows and other In-person Appearances (and by appearance, I don't mean hawking your CD to passers-by). People want more than just music. They want an experience.
Enter LiveNation and 360 Deals all around.

Having a feature like The Game or T.I. is only going to make people bootleg your shit that much more. Like a hobo with diamond earrings, it's a problem waiting to happen.
People will put up those tracks with the QUICKNESS onto YouTube these days, and even if not, they'll buy the singles for 99c from ITunes and not the whole album.

Give it time. As YouTube is starting to prove, people want more Video. Once we start seeing these so-called "rappers" and "labels", close up and on camera, we'll better be able to make up our minds who has it and who never will. Do a search on "Dirty Shoez" and "Video", and you'll see me over a year ago talking about how Video/DVD is about to explode......and lo and behold, YouTube is becoming one of the top websites on the internet.
05-05-2008, so not as prophetic...but YT is everywhere now, even on TVs. When you want to hear a new song--and not just 30 seconds of it--where do you go? Probably YouTube. I was waaaay the fuck off about DVDs though. Didn't realize how much streaming/free content would take over.

2 years later, we got Smack DVDs in heavy rotation, other regions releasing DVD Magazines, all of this stuff. NorthWest--we got some clips up on YouTube and not much else I've seen. The choices are $20 for a high-quality DVD or free downloads on YouTube at ass-quality.....where's the middle-ground?
So the middle-ground was free HDTV-quality YT clips. Oops.

I'll end here like I always end: Video is coming. HDTV as the household standard is coming. We can either be ahead of the curve, or wait for everyone else to grab up all the market share, and then come running in yelling "WAIT! WAIT FOR US! PLEASE WAIT!!!"......it will be too late. We will look like we're just biting everyone else.
05-25-2006.

The idea should be to start a drive to encourage EVERY RAPPER/LABEL DOING SHOWS to purchase a video camera, one around $200-300 dollars, or more if they can afford it. Tell them that if they will send you copies of the footage, you will try EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER to make sure it is seen--be on it a DVD, TV show, or even on a Website.
Also 05-25-2006.

You don't need to know how to name shots and all that other --snip-- shit, to record a video of people rapping and freestyling in a K-Mart parking lot.
I snipped a word.

BUY the $200 camera for now. Once you realize how much of an asset it is to you and your label---even if you don't want your footage on DVD, you'll still have it to analyze and look at and STUDY where you need to improve--then you WILL get to the point where you sell the $200 camera, and buy a $400 one instead.

Whats the alternative? A B2? Some random ass Rode condenser? The Hyper-Cardioid of your dreams? That-one-mic that "all the top studios" have? SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH ALL OF THAT.
Hhhehehe-lizard.jpg

The best you can do is go indy, and do the things I've said before: Instead of buying your 15th different Condenser Mic, buy a Video Camera or a Digital Camera. Start capturing ALL the media you can--even exclusive stuff. Say you do a concert with Spice 1.....TRY to get that Interview, TRY to find someone to record your performance, TRY all that shit.
05-04-2006

Labels need to start making sure that they aren't overspending on 32 channel consoles, Motifs, MPCs, Condensers, Super-Cardiods, Ribbon Mics, etc etc, and underspending on a simple camcorder and digital camera (300-500, or less if used). We need to get on this shit. Damn near everybody has High-Speed Internet and DVD Burners, and more and more people are picking up the HDTVs. Let's start putting them to use.
01-20-2006

So, yeah, depressing. I failed to stop talking so much shit, and DO THINGS, and now the market (indy and major) is flooded with cheap (and free) readily-accessible HD video.

Damn, damn, damn, James.

Edit: if someone ever invents a time machine, I'd like to travel back to 2005 and punch myself in the face.

Props: Mixerr