Martel Webster

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
I went to HS w/ him (for 1 year), my brother was in his class, so of course we were all so proud and happy for him being a lottery pick (despite the disappointment my UW fan part of me felt).

But about a year ago he dropped WAY far in my book, when asked his opinion of the Sonics situation by a reporter, he said something like "I don't want to say anything on this subject" b/c apparently he and Howard Schultz's kid are very close, or some super gay shit like that, I just rolled my eyes and was like "Martell, what the fuck." The guy grows up in Seattle and just b/c he was able to rub elbows as a teenager w/ some really elite rich people (b/c of his basketball ability), and he's basically afraid to say the Sonics leaving is a damn shame b/c he's afraid of offending his friend, that's fucking horseshit.

If I was friends w/ a kid and his Dad was the single largest reason that a local professional sports team is leaving town, not only is that friendship over, but that kid's phone number, address, all that shit, is becoming public information.

Fuckin Uncle Martell, turning his back on his hometown like that.
Bwahahaha holy fucking shit. You're going to call having a friend "some super gay shit", but then roll your eyes? Then, if your friend's Dad did something you don't like, you're going give out all your friends info? Wow, you are officially on "some super gay shit."

Oh, and top of the post with a racist statement.

Apr 25, 2002
you're asking him to care about something he doesn't really care about.... lol sue him...

he has a different opinion about a sports team. I don't agree with it, but whatever. its not like his opinion changes anything either way
If you're buddy's Dad was the reason the Blazers left Portland, would you still fuck around w/ him?

I don't think you would.

Sep 4, 2002
If you're buddy's Dad was the reason the Blazers left Portland, would you still fuck around w/ him?

I don't think you would.
Unless that friend actually had something to do with the team leaving then, no I wouldn't...

I have plenty of friends whose parents I hate for dumb shit they have did, but I'm going to stop being friends with their kids because of their parents dumb ass mistakes... you can't be serious man

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
What an idiot.

You really gonna jepordize your endorsements and some of the millions you are making over some candy??? I just lost all respect for dude. I mean thats on some 2nd grade trying to impress your friends shit.
damn i've never heard someone so ass hurt over a fucking celeb buying a pack of swishers. lol. mr. nice guy acts like he himself is losing endorsements.:(:(
he was talking about the dude stealing candy.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Bwahahaha holy fucking shit. You're going to call having a friend "some super gay shit", but then roll your eyes? Then, if your friend's Dad did something you don't like, you're going give out all your friends info? Wow, you are officially on "some super gay shit."
For real. Dude's on some obsessive shit. Why the fuck are you gonna post the friend's shit cause of some dumb shit the parents did? That's not only immature, that's just being a douche bag as a person.

Apr 25, 2002
I have plenty of friends whose parents I hate for dumb shit they have did, but I'm going to stop being friends with their kids because of their parents dumb ass mistakes... you can't be serious man
You've to a point there b/c I suppose plenty of Dad's out there shoot people everyday, and are their kids supposed to just lose all their friends b/c of doing something clearly more immoral than relocating the Sonics? No. There was probably nothing the kid could have done to stop the dad from committing murder. But the Sonics deal is a little different.

But something that is as large-scale as a professional sports team, something that does affect the quality of life for a significant chunk of 3.5 million people in the greater Seattle, a civic pride symbol kind of thing, I do think a little extra pressure from the kids could play a role in that.

It's just ridiculous to picture Schultz's kid in the mid 90s, just like a lot of us, were growing up to Payton & Kemp, wearing those old school jerseys around, watching them in the Finals give the best team in NBA history a run for their money. There have got to be some family pictures of his kid in Sonics gear. Now flash forward 11 fuckin years, and the patriarch of the family is the reason the team could be leaving. Offensive, offensive enough to cut ties w/ the whole family.

I think you would too if it was the Blazers, you just can't feel it quite like the Sonics fans can.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
I don't think the fuckin kid is going to have any effect on his Dad making more MILLIONS of dollars. In all honesty, I doubt the kid gives a shit that much besides the fact that people probably give him shit, which is wrong cause it's not his choice, but that's the shit you deal with being an Elitest's son when the Dad wants to move a team that's been here for 40+ years.

But Howard is planning on filing a lawsuit over Bennet not giving a good enough effort to keep the team here...especially after those emails were released along with the comments by his buddy.

But really, if you stop being friends with someone cause of something their parents do, you probably don't have many friends. Either that or you just have a drastically different life experience than most do.

Sep 4, 2002
You've to a point there b/c I suppose plenty of Dad's out there shoot people everyday, and are their kids supposed to just lose all their friends b/c of doing something clearly more immoral than relocating the Sonics? No. There was probably nothing the kid could have done to stop the dad from committing murder. But the Sonics deal is a little different.

But something that is as large-scale as a professional sports team, something that does affect the quality of life for a significant chunk of 3.5 million people in the greater Seattle, a civic pride symbol kind of thing, I do think a little extra pressure from the kids could play a role in that.

It's just ridiculous to picture Schultz's kid in the mid 90s, just like a lot of us, were growing up to Payton & Kemp, wearing those old school jerseys around, watching them in the Finals give the best team in NBA history a run for their money. There have got to be some family pictures of his kid in Sonics gear. Now flash forward 11 fuckin years, and the patriarch of the family is the reason the team could be leaving. Offensive, offensive enough to cut ties w/ the whole family.

I think you would too if it was the Blazers, you just can't feel it quite like the Sonics fans can.
I know how it feels to almost have your team moved(the blazers 4 years ago) I know what its like, the sonics thing got a lot further in the moving phase then we did(luckily)...

lol I don't even think martell was a fan of the sonics to begin with, cause his favorite player is kobe and the lakers, I'm just tryin to remember from the little things they hand out at the rose garden that talk about the players...

but ok dude, don't respect him anymore. it's your choice

Apr 25, 2002
But Howard is planning on filing a lawsuit over Bennet not giving a good enough effort to keep the team here...especially after those emails were released along with the comments by his buddy.
It's a publicity stunt and nothing more. He is trying to do anything he can to help his reputation (but it won't work).

That being said, I'm glad he is doing it. It's simply another national headline, another point of controversy, another sign of just how fucked up this is. And the muddier it gets, the better our chance of saving them is (still a longshot though). I'm glad he's doing it, but it shouldn't (and won't) affect his reputation regardless of the outcome of his case (he'll lose).

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
It's a publicity stunt and nothing more. He is trying to do anything he can to help his reputation (but it won't work).

That being said, I'm glad he is doing it. It's simply another national headline, another point of controversy, another sign of just how fucked up this is. And the muddier it gets, the better our chance of saving them is (still a longshot though). I'm glad he's doing it, but it shouldn't (and won't) affect his reputation regardless of the outcome of his case (he'll lose).
I never said he was doing it cause he's a great person. I just said he's doing it.

There was an law analyst or somethin from ESPN on KJR the other day and he was sayin Howard has a 55-60% chance of winning. That's all fine and dandy, but seeing that everything goes through Stern, it's not the best choice for Seattle....unless they negotiate a deal to have a team guaranteed. The Sonics will be here next year...after that it's up for grabs.

In the beginning I didn't care. But as I listened to KJR and read a lot more about it, I think Clay Bennet is a bitch and a fraud. So I hope his name gets dragged through the mud and I hope the fraud shit sticks--cause that'll trickle into his other business ventures and that won't be good for him.

Either way, Ok City is getting a team. And then we'll get whatever is left over. That's my take. But in the end, I don't really care either way cause I don't watch the Sonics or go to the games. But I feel for the people that do support them and I think it's shady how all of this has gone down.

Apr 25, 2002
I never said he was doing it cause he's a great person. I just said he's doing it.

There was an law analyst or somethin from ESPN on KJR the other day and he was sayin Howard has a 55-60% chance of winning. That's all fine and dandy, but seeing that everything goes through Stern, it's not the best choice for Seattle....unless they negotiate a deal to have a team guaranteed. The Sonics will be here next year...after that it's up for grabs.

In the beginning I didn't care. But as I listened to KJR and read a lot more about it, I think Clay Bennet is a bitch and a fraud. So I hope his name gets dragged through the mud and I hope the fraud shit sticks--cause that'll trickle into his other business ventures and that won't be good for him.

Either way, Ok City is getting a team. And then we'll get whatever is left over. That's my take. But in the end, I don't really care either way cause I don't watch the Sonics or go to the games. But I feel for the people that do support them and I think it's shady how all of this has gone down.

For the record we'd have them for 2 more years, not 1.

But I'm glad to hear you've come around. And like you said about OK City getting a team, that's fine. Just not at our expense.

If we lose them, we would be the largest 2-sport market by far (750,000 more people than San Diego). That's embarassing.

Yet another thing that unites the two most suffering sports cities in America : Seattle and Cleveland. If the Sonics do leave, then the Browns would be possibly the only sports relocation more offensive than the Sonics (that's an interesting debate, it depends on how you interpret the NY Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers moves in 1958).

Seattle and Cleveland, brothers separated at birth. Seattle people, root for Cleveland teams.

Apr 25, 2002
I'm from Ohio actually, lol. Columbus though, not Cleveland.
ESPN actually did a nice little feature on the championship drought in Cleveland for tonight's game against the Yankees. Cleveland is #1, Seattle is #2, Philly is #3 in terms of seasons passed since last championship (1 season per team per year, so a 3 team city has 3 seasons per year).

PS some fucker tried to run me over w/ a car in Columbus b/c I was wearing a Washington jersey before the UW Ohio State game there fall of 2003. I've never seen so much white trash in my life as I did that weekend at the football game (but I know the majority of them aren't from Columbus, I know Columbus is a pretty classy city, they come from the country ass places all around the rest of Ohio and congregate in Columbus when the Buckeyes are at home).