Is YMCMB Stealing The Bay Areas sound?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
My producer said something interesting about how he feels YMCMB music group is stealing a lot of their sounds from the bay heres what he said:

"Ok I might be alone in this, maybe I love music far too much... But I think its straight bullshit how young money is jacking the bay areas sound and I think the major bay area artist should be upset over these artist having hit songs nationwide using their style when I know if local artist made the same exact songs they wouldn't get this kind of play. People not near this side of the west, especially young people don't know that sound is bay area. They think its young money. And tyga wore a LA DODGERS fit in the motto video. Function is better than motto and faded but won't sniff the exposure.
E-40 said it best long ago
"the industry they mimic me but don't wanna give me mine""

You guys agree or disagree?

Discuss

May 7, 2002
Everyone steals from everyone in this game. It's NOT exclusive to the Bay Area. As if Bay Area artists never made any songs with Southern/crunk style production... come on, now.

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
Everyone steals from everyone in this game. It's NOT exclusive to the Bay Area. As if Bay Area artists never made any songs with Southern/crunk style production... come on, now.
also i always wondered why people on this site make it seems like if your a produce from the Bay you have to only make Bay sounding beats. As a producer you should be able to adapt and be as versatile as possible.

Feb 8, 2003
imo Theres not a such thing as stealing in the music biz unless you literally stole a beat or someones lyrics. but far as sound theres a thing called being up to date and sounding relevant with whats hot now. anyone thats in music is in it to make some kind of money or to be heard and who ever says different is full of shit and need to box up they mic right now. the key element to make people wanna listen to u and to make money is to sound relevant.

You cant last in this era rapping like Kool Moe Dee from 1985 or Gangsta rap from 1991 or crunk from 2002. You got change and develop with times.

if you up to date on your instruments and software then ofcoarse your sound is gonna have some similarities to someone else bc majority of people use the same equipment and remember that equipment isnt made for just one region. you just gotta be unique about it.

DODE

Sicc OG
Dec 30, 2011
soulja boy copied lil B.
drake copied mac dre.
nelly copied spice-1 and 20 other niggas.

shit happens.

May 20, 2006
What exactly is "the bay area sound"???

Niggaz in the ATL was doing "snap" music before "hyphy" became the "bay sound"

Before "mobb music", you had Rodney O and Joe Cooley (L.A.).....

the music game is cutthroat, sum folks believe that Elvis stole Lil Richards' style......

it is what it is, step yo game up