Philthy Rich - Letter To The Bay

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 21, 2012
I don't feel much of Philthy's music nomore, liked his street tapes back in like 08/09 and his first solo but haven't felt much lately. Maybe cuz that nigga stopped writing & just goes off top now but anyways, this one's pretty decent. How yall feel about Philthy?

[video=youtube;XtD1qoM4NZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtD1qoM4NZI[/video]

Nov 20, 2007
I think I heard a lot of better tracks than this one from him even tho I understand where he was coming from. This sounded thrown together lyrically.

I think the music i liked the most from him was Funk Or Die and some of the tracks I've heard him feature on here and there.

Apr 21, 2012
I think I heard a lot of better tracks than this one from him even tho I understand where he was coming from. This sounded thrown together lyrically.

I think the music i liked the most from him was Funk Or Die and some of the tracks I've heard him feature on here and there.
That's what im saying bruh, don't think i'll ever hear anything from Phil i'll enjoy like I did Funk Or Die. Just the way it is, he trying hard to get on a national level so he kinda changing up his shit. Think that has alot to do w/ him trying to cater his sound to a female audience more n more. Like yall stated above tho, can't knock his hustle.

Jan 23, 2006
"FUNK OR DIE" IS HANDS DOWN PHILTHY'S BEST WORK LYRICALLY HE'S GONE DOWN HILL SINCE THEN HE'S DEFINATELY HIT OR MISS. I STILL FUCK WITH HIS MUSIC THOUGH AND THIS SONG IS NOT BAD

Jul 4, 2011
Lyrically this was garbage... the flow was real choppy in the second verse and the hook was annoying as fuck. It's not like Philthy's ever been the most lyrical rapper, but this was a couple steps below his usual work. The song had the potential to be dope but other than the beat this was hard to listen to all the way through. I ain't liked none of Philthy's shit from 2012... the last song I really fucked with was this:

[video=youtube;Azuc1x2nd6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azuc1x2nd6g[/video]

He's always been about the $ more than the music but he still sounded hungry back then... now he's just pushing out a lot of garbage to keep his name alive.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
i slapped the fuck out of Funk Or Die & have always checked for his music since then, but havent really been impressed. as a matter of fact, i havent been very impressed with hardly any Livewire releases since that era. to me it seems like they are pushing quantity over quality, and it shows. i would rather have 1 dope release a year from an artist rather than 6 or 7 mediocre-at-best releases. i'll still keep checkin for Livewire though because they still come with some slaps here and there.

May 8, 2011
never been a fan and probaly never will be. wats to respect about his hustle he not doing nothing different then the millions of underground rappers in this country.
I never cared for Philthy's music either. Never saw what the fuss was about, BUT let me say this....... Philthy has definitely been improving as of late. Just wish like alot of other rappers they wouldnt release album after album just to have cds out, I would much rather check out one or two projects with all the good songs. I hear real improvement in his flow. Now on the hustle tip I dont feel that he is anywhere close to the norm. He put in alot of work and you can tell that he has people that are genuine fans(especially the bitches) and that is KEY.

Jul 4, 2011
i slapped the fuck out of Funk Or Die & have always checked for his music since then, but havent really been impressed. as a matter of fact, i havent been very impressed with hardly any Livewire releases since that era. to me it seems like they are pushing quantity over quality, and it shows. i would rather have 1 dope release a year from an artist rather than 6 or 7 mediocre-at-best releases. i'll still keep checkin for Livewire though because they still come with some slaps here and there.
Shady and Stevie Joe are pretty consistent, it's Philthy and Stalin who ain't.

May 8, 2011
I agree. When Stalin drops a good project though he's as good as them IMO.
True like I sadi though I wish they would just make one or two DOPE albums each instead of all these spin offs and shit. It really waters down the times when they come with heat. Yous hould check out the Danked Out project brody I will guarantee that u will be very pleased.

Dec 19, 2005
its to the point where i dont even bother to download they music anymore. like dude on the first page said, his flow has never been super smooth. but to me after tripn 4 life it has been hella choppy! hard to listen to him, he says the same shit because he aint writing no more.

i was heavy into livewire right after Gas Nation came out, but honestly they done fell off. Quality aint there anymore. it just comes down to i aint buyin mixtapes or botherin with their fillers. ill wait an buy an official solo (ie. gas nation, funk or die, gasman unleashed, 80's baby etc... )