Is E-40 losing it?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 16, 2005
Nothing against the guy.but he's heading too dirty south for me. I like the dirty south beats SOMETIMES, but this all out abandon of the bay sound makes me sick. It'll only be a matter of time before the west coast will reemerge as the crowned king of rap music again. This last album from E-40 made me sick, I'm sorry......did not dig it in it's entirety. I am sick of the simpleton southern rap........don't get me wrong, some of it is good....but WTF?

In my opion,Most of it could be written by a horny kid going through puberty.

Does anyone else feel me, or are you going to attack me for speaking my mind?

Jan 19, 2006
pre-emptive defense eh?

what about grit and grind... and his appearance on side hustles etc.... he been down with the south... by no means does that mean he's abandoning the bay

Apr 19, 2005
this1guy said:
With a statement like that, you're asking for it ... :devious:

Cats get so wrapped up in what they like and what they want that they forget that there are 300,000 - 500,000 other people that these artists need to try to please.

40 is a smart business man in that he realizes the south BUYS music and the bay DOWNLOADS music. Those circumstances reflect the current state of the aforementioned markets but 40 been fuckin with the south so he's most likely going to continue to do so. Some like the match of 40 and the southerners. Some don't...

Sometimes the new music passes us by and we get stuck on the past shit that we used to love. Sometimes we have a tendency to resent our favorite artists for not coming with what we like - which is a selfish attitude to have.

May 5, 2002
Its an album on Lil Jon's BME label, of course its gonna fuckin have crunk songs LOL. How has 40 abandoned the bay? He's all on the radio and tv shoutin the bay, its rappers, and reppin the culture. He's featured on hella bay artists tracks, and is spittin harder and hungrier than he's spit in quite some time. :dead:

May 12, 2006
Snubnoze said:
Its an album on Lil Jon's BME label, of course its gonna fuckin have crunk songs LOL. How has 40 abandoned the bay? He's all on the radio and tv shoutin the bay, its rappers, and reppin the culture. He's featured on hella bay artists tracks, and is spittin harder and hungrier than he's spit in quite some time. :dead:
^^ yup u killed it wit this one, agree to the up most degree...props.

KNw

Sicc OG
Jan 17, 2003
marksmeez said:
check out do ya head like this or they might be tapping or guoda or sickwidit2 all these songs are mobbish . some people are fuckin morons
do people even listen to the whole cd?

C

CcytzO_Loc

all i know is i jus came from summer splash out here in stoccton and 40 had the crowd hyphier and louder than t pain or franchise boys...niggaz was gettin dumb to all his cutz from ol school to his new "south shit"

Aug 7, 2003
marksmeez said:
check out do ya head like this or they might be tapping or guoda or sickwidit2 all these songs are mobbish . some people are fuckin morons
some non-morons dont like those songs. its personal test, you might think its best album ever, someone else might think its the worse ever. but i dont really like the cd at all except for about 2-3 songs. and you sound like a fag for sticking up for a rap song.

Jun 3, 2006
hella_numb said:
some non-morons dont like those songs. its personal test, you might think its best album ever, someone else might think its the worse ever. but i dont really like the cd at all except for about 2-3 songs. and you sound like a fag for sticking up for a rap song.
u sayin he sound downsouth . i brought up a great point thats there's hella mob shit on this cd to . get a life u square

Feb 22, 2006
Ill tell you why 40's numbers are relatively low to other mainstream rappers...Tell me when to go wasn't in color but people fuckin loved that shit. He waited to long to put out the song with t-pain and x's video was too simple. People are lovin e-40 thats why hes doing a consitent 10,000 a week in sales. He will go gold, but 40 was the bays door opener. His cd was fucken tite. He just need smarter chess moves. Yadada-sense-me

this1guy said:
Nothing against the guy.but he's heading too dirty south for me. I like the dirty south beats SOMETIMES, but this all out abandon of the bay sound makes me sick. It'll only be a matter of time before the west coast will reemerge as the crowned king of rap music again. This last album from E-40 made me sick, I'm sorry......did not dig it in it's entirety. I am sick of the simpleton southern rap........don't get me wrong, some of it is good....but WTF?

In my opion,Most of it could be written by a horny kid going through puberty.

shut up