The DEFINITIVE Tech sample thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
Dedicated strictly to the production side of Tech's songs. The music samples (or interpolations or other musical inspirations) aren't typically listed in the liner notes of Tech CD's so the plan is to post them here.

This thread focuses on music/production only...for "remade" song LYRICS go HERE

Freaky
Prince - Darling Nicky

Planet Rock 2k
Africa Bambatta - Planet Rock
Showboys - Drag Rap (aka The Triggerman beat)

Now It's On
Art of Noise - Moments in Love

I'm A Playa
Falco - Rock Me Amadeus

Psycho Bitch
Halloween Theme

Be Warned
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells aka "Exorcist Theme"

Twisted
Zapp - I Want to be Your Man, Computer Love

Fucked Up Day
Zapp - Computer Love

Welcome To The Midwest
Dean Martin - Sway

Psycho Bitch II
Phantom Of The Opera Theme

Lost Lair Of B'zle
Jerry Goldsmith - Ave Satani (from The Omen)

Bout Ta Bubble
The Art Of Noise - Beat Box II

I'm A Playa (Remix)
Whodini - Friends

Jan 8, 2006
hey im curious of the sample of the song used in "worst case scenario" skit. cuz there ainnnnnt no turnin back... i was feelin that shit and then it ended. or was it big krizz singin? anyway im curious about that isht. really diggin it

Oct 2, 2006
While many people think that psycho bitch II was sampled from Phantom of the Opera, according to Strange, there are slight variances that they say makes it not sampled, and an original creation. I witnessed a discussion between the beat creator and Travis about clearing it and the conclusion was that it was not a sample. Just an FYI to all of you.

Aug 16, 2003
Darkness...
**edit**

I mean paint a dark picture feat dirt ball lol...
Tales from the Darkside opening...old Tv show..but hella creepy when your 10 lol

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
While many people think that psycho bitch II was sampled from Phantom of the Opera, according to Strange, there are slight variances that they say makes it not sampled, and an original creation. I witnessed a discussion between the beat creator and Travis about clearing it and the conclusion was that it was not a sample. Just an FYI to all of you.
*edited*

"(or interpolations or other musical inspirations)"

:)

Aug 31, 2005
Enjoy uses a sample...i keep wanting to say its NIN closer, it might not be a direct sample but it definitely sounds unfluenced by it...or it could be something entirely different and i just cant remember the song

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
I don't hear the Closer interpolation at all really. The drum pattern is really basic - kick...snare...........kick, snare.... - simple hi-hat tick all the way through. Closer is simple like that too.

Anyone else think so?

Feb 12, 2006
Caribou Lou - Ferris Bueller's Day off.
last part of last verse.

Beef - Old School(movie not 2pac)
It stops right there, and continues righte here.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
I hear some influences in the instrumental of Tech's He Wanna Be Paid/Get Yo Paper from E-40's Captain Save A Hoe. The hook too seems to be a direct play on it (I wanna be saved/He wanna be paid)

Feb 12, 2006
This shit has been bothering me and finally remembered. On the song Ghetto Love Tech says "Heavens to Mergatroid" which is said by Snagglepuss on the Yogi Bear cartoon.