What do you do for a living?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 16, 2003
google.com
IT Analyst for a non profit that manages IT for our parent non profit organization and their individual local chapters. I'm one of the junior guys so I do everything and anything to learn something new and get my hands dirty. User support, storage, patching etc. Between incidents I browse reddit or study for my Cisco CCNA cert.

Before that I was with Verizon Wireless for a long time. Made good money but I just couldn't do retail anymore. That shit made me hate humans not to mention the unpredictable schedule. I also prefer problem solving over sales.

We should start a Sicc LinkedIn group lol.

Oct 3, 2006
IT Analyst for a non profit that manages IT for our parent non profit organization and their individual local chapters. I'm one of the junior guys so I do everything and anything to learn something new and get my hands dirty. User support, storage, patching etc. Between incidents I browse reddit or study for my Cisco CCNA cert.

Before that I was with Verizon Wireless for a long time. Made good money but I just couldn't do retail anymore. That shit made me hate humans not to mention the unpredictable schedule. I also prefer problem solving over sales.

We should start a Sicc LinkedIn group lol.
Lol, fa sho. I'm on LinkedIn, we should all link up.

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
I worked at a record store for almost 10 years. During that time I also did tv/home theater set up on the side and did a ton of online sales. Never made a ton of money but it was kinda fun while it lasted. I burned out and quit like 3 years ago and ended up getting a job bartending at the bar i hung out at all the time. I still do that sometimes. But about a year and a half ago my best friend and I scraped together our money and started a grow/hydro shop. It's doing very well, we did around half a million in sales last year. I help with a few medical grows on the side too. I also run a powerful street gang. The snakes.

May 9, 2002
High school drop out felon fuck up got lucky in the dot com boom & the company at the time I worked in the mailroom for at (Netscape) sent me to school paid in full. Back then it was called Cisco Networking Academy, but I dunno what they call it anymore... no degree, but it gave me 20+ certifications in my field of operation.

....now I am the Senior Systems Development Engineer for one of the world largest most innovative Cyber Security firms.

Been involved with technology for 20 years now, first tech gig was in tech support for Cisco Systems & moved onto IT Helpdesk, to Deskside Support, to Systems administrator now in an Engineering environment.
That shit used to cost $30K for the 8 week course...thats dope they sent you there on their dime.

Dec 19, 2008
North Sac
I work in warehouses and do construction with my dad and uncle every couple months but usually get fired for talking shit to the boss. I caught some felonies when i was 18 so background checks usually bar me from most jobs. Im in the process of getting a college degree. I basically fucked off my 20s and bounced from job to job and traveled around the country gaining life experience. Now im pushing 30 and decided to get my shit together. I regret nothing though. Im a proud father and stepfather and my life now revolves around making sure my kids are cool. Something good will happen eventually if i stay sober and out of jail. I make music here and there, but it's mostly for therapy. I don't want fame, just want to own some property, grow my herb and be a good dad. I'll be content with that. Anything else is just that extra gravy.