Lil Wayne-Tha Carter III (J'Sin review)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2008
www.soundclick.com

Album Artists: Lil' Wayne
Album Title: Tha Carter III
Label: Cash Money

Overall Rating: :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness:
Overall Thoughts: Lil' Wayne is one of the greatest artists of all time. With originality that is matched by very few lyricists he has established himself as todays best artist. Tha Carter III is recommended for any hip hop/rap fan. It is a complete album that you can listen to from beginning to end. Weezy paints the picture of a very cocky rapper, due to his success, and rightfully so. This album is an instant classic and should be remembered for years to come.

1) 3 Peat- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Lil' Waynes starts the album off with ice-cold fire, if that makes any sense. The production is an uptempo down south grimey beat. Weezy's delivery and lyrics set the song off.

2) Mr. Carter ft Jay Z- :siccness::siccness::siccness: I might catch some flack for this one, but I'm not a big Jay Z fan, so you'll have to do more than just throw Jay Z on a track to make it tight. I think it was a decent attempt to collide Southern and Eastcoast styles together though.

3) A Mili- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: THIS IS THE BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM!!! The low pitched sample sets this song off. The beat is very random, and you do not know what to expect next. Weezy's verses take you on a rollercoaster ride of lyrics and schemes.

4) Got Money ft T Pain-
:siccness::siccness::siccness: Again another feature artist that people use to try and go platinum. The production is Ok, but this song seems to be an attempt to create another radio song, incase the album blows.

5) Comfortable ft Babyface- :siccness::siccness: I'm not a big fan of this song obviously, the production brings nothing new to the table and Weezy's delivery is nothing to rewind and listen to again. This is not a very good crossover song.

6) Phone Home- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: It took me about 5 times listening to this song to finally love it. The production is hard hitting. The idea is definently original and it fits Lil' Wayne perfectly. He claims to be a martian on this song, and if that's the case them martians got skills. Don't sleep on 'em.

7) Dr. Carter- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: I do not listen to this song over and over, mainly because I don't really like the productions on it. However the theme and plot of this song is one of the most original that I've ever heard. Dr. Carter shows why he could be considered the saviour of hip hop/rap music.

8) Tie My Hands ft Robin Thicke- :siccness::siccness::siccness: Very basic productions, bump bump clap. That's all there is to it. There is definently some chemistry between Robin Thicke and Weezy though. The verses and hook are complete.

9) Shoot Me Down ft D.Smith- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: I like the beat on this track, it's kinda basic but it rides. At first Weezy comes in with a slower quieter flow but begins to build up with it. The track turns into a deep song. The second first starts and finishes strong.

10) Playin with Fire ft Betty Wright- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: This is one of my favorite tracks on the album. Lil' Wayne brings blazing lava on the verses with both lyrics and delivery. The hook sets it off with a rock and roll feel. The beat is a darker rock track with a wild guitar.

11) Lollipop ft Static Major- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: If this song haden't been played out on the radio and MTV the song would be at the top of my list. The beat rides and Lil' Wayne plays with it like the best. This is a smooth club joint.

12) La ft Brisco, Busta Rhymes-
:siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: David Banner brings the best production on the album with a hard hitting southern style beat. All three artists tear it up with vicious verses. Busta Rhymes delivers the icing on the cake. The sample in the background gives this song

13) You Ain't Got Nothin' on Me ft Fabolous, Juelz Santana- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: The production on this track has an eastcoast feel to it. I don't think that Weezy fits well into this song, but I've always enjoyed when him and Juelz Santana did tracks together. It's a solid song/

14) Let the Beat Build- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: The song idea on this track is so good. There is no beat until the hook. Yeah it's been done before, but I think that Weezy might have done it the best. When the beat finally does drop in, it drops hard.

15) Misunderstood- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: What a way to finish up a great album. The hook and the beat blend together to create a masterpiece. Lil' Wayne pours his heart out with deep lyrics and schemes. On the outro Weezy vents his outtake on people that misunderstand him.

Jun 1, 2002

Album Artists: Lil' Wayne
Album Title: Tha Carter III
Label: Cash Money

Overall Rating: :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness:
Overall Thoughts: Lil' Wayne is one of the greatest artists of all time. him.
THIS TYPE OF STATEMENT SHOULD NEVER BE MADE WHEN REVIEWING AN ALBUM. IT REEKS OF PERSONAL FEELING AND BIAS.

May 11, 2008
www.soundclick.com
Should I have rephrased it and said greatest rap artists of all time? The first album since 2005 to sell a million units in one week hmmm... Even Rolling Stones reviewers agreed that he is the Greatest Rapper Alive. So with me being bias it appears that I could have a future working for one of the biggest music magazines around.

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
Should I have rephrased it and said greatest rap artists of all time?
yes.

The first album since 2005 to sell a million units in one week hmmm...
thats great.

Even Rolling Stones reviewers agreed that he is the Greatest Rapper Alive.
i disagree. but then again, i never did care about rolling stone's opinions on hip hop, or most mainstream periodicals for that matter.

::

Nov 2, 2002
i disagree with your reviews on "A milli", "dr carter" and "tie my hands"

The lyrics on tie my hands were deep

Jun 25, 2008
Fuck LiL Wayne

Fuck Lil Wayne That Fool A Bitch Hes Kiss"s Sum Foo THat Ant His DAd on The Lips An He TAlk Shit About MixTape Dj So All i Know Iz That Fool CAn Suck on My Lollipop Bitch Ass Nicca.....:siccness:

Jun 1, 2002
Should I have rephrased it and said greatest rap artists of all time? The first album since 2005 to sell a million units in one week hmmm... Even Rolling Stones reviewers agreed that he is the Greatest Rapper Alive. So with me being bias it appears that I could have a future working for one of the biggest music magazines around.
ARE YOU REALLY THIS SLOW?

Apr 25, 2002
LOL!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHOIURKLJSHDKJHSDPJA

Apr 25, 2002

12) La ft Brisco, Busta Rhymes-
:siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: David Banner brings the best production on the album with a hard hitting southern style beat. All three artists tear it up with vicious verses. Busta Rhymes delivers the icing on the cake. The sample in the background gives this song

i thought this beat was the WORST.. i can't even listen to that garbage.:hurt:

May 11, 2008
www.soundclick.com
Damn this thread is still goin'? It's funny how I can post a review on SavSicc and Bleezo one week and get positive feedback, then post a review on Lil Wayne the next week and get negative feedback. I don't think that it's cause I suck at reviews, I think it's cause ya'll are close minded... Show me one line from an underground artist that is better than the best line on Tha Carter III.