Golden St. Warriors 14-15...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Kerr served Barnes shot of tequila after Warriors won NBA title

Prior to the Golden State Warriors winning the 2015 NBA Finals, former North Carolina Tar Heels standout Harrison Barnes had managed to not have a sip of alcohol in his life.

While we can't say for sure, it seems like Warriors head coach Steve Kerr has done what he needed to do to ensure that Barnes goes back to his alcohol-free lifestyle.

According to an interview that Barnes conducted with 1460 KXNO in Des Moines, Iowa, which was then transcribed by Ananth Pandian of CBS Sports, Kerr made it so his small forward dove right into the deep end of the pool, for lack of a better term, in his first encounter with hard liquor as Barnes' head coach served him up a shot of tequila.

Barnes: "We go back to the hotel afterwards and have this big dinner, teammates all around. Coach Kerr comes over with a little shot. I was looking at him, like wow this is a shot, I don't know you drink this."

Host: "He starts you with a shot? Okay, so what was it?"

Barnes: "Don Julio. I hated it, it wasn't good. I don't know why people drink."

Host: "There was champagne in the locker room, correct?"

Barnes: "Yeah, it was all in my eyes."

Host: "None of it went down the hatch?"

Barnes: "My eyes were burning too much, really couldn't really see. I was trying to find my goggles, that was the most important thing."

Host: "I'm so sorry that your first taste of alcohol was tequila. So did you end it right there?"

Barnes: "Yeah, it wasn't for me after that. But it was probably good in hindsight, maybe he was doing that to say 'Look, we don't want you to get started on this thing. We will give you the worst stuff right now so you don't have to worry about this again.'"

Well played, Steve Kerr. Well played.

Kerr served Barnes shot of tequila after Warriors won NBA title

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
^^^i hope Dubs destroy a healthy Cavs team on Xmas day. All these people saying a healthy Cavs team would have beat the Warriors in the finals need to shut the hell up with that bullshit. ill be counting the days til Xmas comes like a little kid lol
part of staying injury free is coaching, or having a good back up plan.