How times have changed

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
Who should be responsible for fixing the problems with blacks in the US?

Man I remember being in this forum all those years back; pro-Bush, pro-WAR, pro-Jesus, pro-White, just plain ole' pro-Murica really. I look back on the way I used to be and it makes me laugh. I have to say I learned a lot from the likes of HERESY @HERESY , 2-0-Sixx @2-0-Sixx , (I think you were the only two who were willing to throw down) and countless others in this forum. That was just the beginning, though. The way I view the world today is drastically different from when I was telling everyone who should be responsible for fixing black problems in this country. And now? Well, fuck. I constantly encounter people in my life today that are identical to the way I used to be, and it infuriates to no end to know this country is plagued by them. I'm not going to apologize for the way I was, I'm just going to say: thank you. You have to know your time and effort put forth in this forum meant something. This Gathering of Minds, of all places in this world or on the internet, helped me to start thinking for myself, even if it wasn't until years down the road.

That being said, viva Bernie!

:siccness: :siccness: :siccness: :siccness: :siccness:

Mar 18, 2003
HERESY @HERESY you once said something a long time ago that never left my mind. It was along the lines of, the only way this country can be fixed is by destroying it first. At the time I couldn't think of anything more futile than that. But the things that plague this country cannot be fixed. They can't be "undone". The political corruptness, corporate lobbying, government agencies, the distribution of wealth, etc. etc. It's all too far gone. And one day I came to the realization that you were right; the only way it can be fixed is by tearing it all apart and starting from the ground up. The term "revolution" is almost comical in this day and age.

I say Viva Bernie because I feel as though he has the mental aptitude to get himself shot trying to help us, and I respect that a great deal, but there's really nothing he can do. If not him I really hope Trump wins office so he/we can show the world how much of a joke we are.

I feel as though a part of the reason there isn't much discussion in here any more is because these conversations have become tiresome. Everyone has that "we've already been though this" attitude (and I don't blame you). But one of the biggest reasons I made this post is because, even though it all seems pointless, I am an example of the opposite being true.

May 2, 2015
People that think "someone" is responsible for "fixing" the problems with a certain race in a certain country are plain entitled elitist. Why would anyone ever think this could be accomplished? A basic world history book would inform them this is not possible. Or just look at Iraq and Syria.

I'm glad you personally came around to it in your own way. Don't be too proud you gave up all your prior beliefs. It just means you are a follower to some degree.

Mar 18, 2003
People that think "someone" is responsible for "fixing" the problems with a certain race in a certain country are plain entitled elitist. Why would anyone ever think this could be accomplished? A basic world history book would inform them this is not possible. Or just look at Iraq and Syria.
I highlighted a single, two-letter word that changes the context of your post. This was my downfall when I begun responding in that thread. The difference between what "is" and what "should" be are crucial, one being more philosophical than the other.

A lot of what I said in that thread is actually true, but was not applicable to the question at hand. He asked who should be responsible, not who is responsible. I don't think blacks should be responsible, individually, for their own plight, or enriching their own lives, when they've been predisposed to living in poverty. I believe this because a large population of blacks living in poverty are the byproduct of segregation, slavery, etc.

In the real word, however, none of this matters. Because everyone is responsible for their own lives. In other words, and to put it bluntly, no one else is going to do shit about it.

I'm glad you personally came around to it in your own way. Don't be too proud you gave up all your prior beliefs. It just means you are a follower to some degree.
We are all at the mercy of the information that travels down our pipelines. This much is true. But common sense will go a long way.

Mar 18, 2003
The situation in Iraq [as you brought up] is also a good example. We went in their and disbanded Saddam's army, strung him up on a rope, and kept things going for more than a decade before pulling out. Now a fucking terrorist group is running rampant in that country taking over entire cities. Who should should be responsible? The answer is not the same as who is going to be responsible.

May 2, 2015
I agree with you. The real world has nothing to do with our opinions of what should be. The real world is based on strategy and action, not online opinions. To answer your question about Iraq, the terrorist group in question is responsible for their savage actions. One day soon, they will reap their reward.

Sep 3, 2002
Amidst all the Bullshit on WSHH they had this video, and I was pretty struck by what humongous part "the war on drugs" plays.

Check it out.

It's not really anything new, but this cop talks about it with real clarity, and makes it seem like there's an obvious and obtainable, albeit partial, solution to some of the problems faced my communities of color.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
The situation in Iraq [as you brought up] is also a good example. We went in their and disbanded Saddam's army, strung him up on a rope, and kept things going for more than a decade before pulling out. Now a fucking terrorist group is running rampant in that country taking over entire cities. Who should should be responsible? The answer is not the same as who is going to be responsible.
A terrorist group ran the country before, they were called the Ba'ath Party (guess you already forgot that).
#"AMERICANS"WITHSHORTMEMORIES
#HOWTIMESHAVENOTCHANGED
smh

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2003
HERESY @HERESY you once said something a long time ago that never left my mind. It was along the lines of, the only way this country can be fixed is by destroying it first. At the time I couldn't think of anything more futile than that. But the things that plague this country cannot be fixed. They can't be "undone". The political corruptness, corporate lobbying, government agencies, the distribution of wealth, etc. etc. It's all too far gone. And one day I came to the realization that you were right; the only way it can be fixed is by tearing it all apart and starting from the ground up. The term "revolution" is almost comical in this day and age.

I say Viva Bernie because I feel as though he has the mental aptitude to get himself shot trying to help us, and I respect that a great deal, but there's really nothing he can do. If not him I really hope Trump wins office so he/we can show the world how much of a joke we are.

I feel as though a part of the reason there isn't much discussion in here any more is because these conversations have become tiresome. Everyone has that "we've already been though this" attitude (and I don't blame you). But one of the biggest reasons I made this post is because, even though it all seems pointless, I am an example of the opposite being true.

I think a big part of the reason there isn't much discussion in here any more is because over the years and over thousands of debates and discussions covering a huge variety of topics we have all generally come to the same conclusion......we're fucked :siccness: