Netflix picks Blu-ray, good luck renting an HD DVD soon

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/11/netflix-picks-blu-ray-good-luck-renting-an-hd-dvd-soon/

Netflix picks Blu-ray, good luck renting an HD DVD soon

Posted Feb 11th 2008 8:50AM by Evan Blass

In what can only be classified as yet another crushing blow to the embattled HD DVD camp, rent-by-mail giant Netflix has just announced its intention to only stock Blu-ray titles in the future. Netflix justified its decision by pointing out the fact that most Hollywood studios seem to be converging solely around the Sony-backed format -- a fact that's all too familiar to Toshiba and friends. With both Blockbuster and now the 'Flix having eschewed HD DVD for BD, it's gonna get harder and harder to even find a place to rent those former discs in the first place, let alone one that has a decent selection.

Jan 1, 2006
Game over for HD... I'm still not gonna buy into the whole Blu-Ray bit though. DVD's are dirt cheap now, all you really need is a good DVD player that will upconvert and you're pretty much set.

Unless you're one of those people who are really anal about having the BEST quality EVER!!

Oct 3, 2006
im still good wit dvds though..they look straight on a lcd tv since i usually use my 360 to watch dvds it upscales it i think so it aint that bad

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Neither are going anywhere......just like DVD-R and DVD+R didn't go anywhere. Same shit, different toilet. They can bitch and pretend all they want---the SECOND they start pulling DVDs the same way they pulled VHS, it's gonna be some fuckin RIOTS.

You thought the Writer's Strike crippled hollywood......thats nothing compared to what will happen if they make the wrong choice.

Jan 5, 2006
watch HD DVD make a comeback like the warriors did tonight.

i could care less who wins.. but if i had to choose, id go with HD-DVD. Sony tries to monopolize everything. You gotta have their shitty memory sticks for their products.. who do they think they are? Microsoft?