whats it take now a dayz too get a deal??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 8, 2003
jus wondering what independent label owners look for in an artist..do u look for those who appeal to the genre u push or do u look for those who might bring new shit too the table??

Oct 10, 2004
why sign to a indie?better off starten your own...........most people on indies were homies at the jump or a homies homie.....its only worth it to sign to a indie with a big name locally but then again if you aint folks with em theyll probablly brush you off but if they do sign you good luck gettin paid......and truthfully most people are not even signed its just (once again)homies lol.......

WORD OF ADVICE START YOUR OWN SHIT AND TRY TO NET WORK WITH THE CATS YOU LIKE THERES LIL TO NO MONEY IN INDIE MUSIC SO WHY HAVE A MIDDLE MAN,feel me??

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
co sign,...most of it is "homie based,...but lil does the artists homie know he's getting fucked like any other deal,...it's just they kiss on the lips ,.....

side note:
i was told by windy day(ask if you dont know) that there are two reasons why to start an indie,...one to make music that you like and put it out there,..and the other to start something that you want to parlay into getting a deal with the majors,...

Apr 26, 2005
all it takes is you being willing to give up creative control rap others lyrics,to chincy beats that try to be clubbin hits,letting someone else take all the money and then sayin you still owe them because they didn't recoup enough,because no one bought their shitty project....

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
I'd look for an artist like myself... one who does more than rap. One who has ambitions and a determination to use rap as a stepping stone to acomplish goals faster. There's a million niggas who can rap... but who can make you make you pay attention and has the most charisma is the labels choice.

Oct 10, 2004
troll if you would really like some help send me a audio of some of your shit and ill try to do whatever i can,right now im really trying to focus gettin me and my homies beats off the ground but if im feeling your shit your more then welcome to take a trip up here and fuck around

Aug 8, 2003
TUNEZ_PWP said:
troll if you would really like some help send me a audio of some of your shit and ill try to do whatever i can,right now im really trying to focus gettin me and my homies beats off the ground but if im feeling your shit your more then welcome to take a trip up here and fuck around
damn thats love right there... fa sho homie, shoot me you number tunez i jus got back from talking to some folx who were looking for beats.. i think lou-e-lou is also but i havent spoken with his sister for a few dayz about it but ill send him in your direction if he still is folx

thx for the replies yall..

Oct 10, 2004
shoot me your number in my pm ill call you tonight i cant give out this number cuz it aint mine my ladys parents trip if anyone calls for me