What makes a hit song??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 9, 2005
Hot beat + Great Hook = Hit song...

Most music fans today don't look for lyrical content anymore...for the most part people just want something to move to !

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
naw ill tell you what makes a instant hit song....

-the beat has to be simple, and irritating as fuck... the hook has to be some, "man my 8 yr old cousin coulda came hotter then that"

-you gotta have the "in at the moment" producer, OR rapper cosign for you

-shoot a video wit a bunch of females havin a good time and the dopest car you cant afford

-coin a catch phrase i.e "girrrrl shake that laffy taffy" "errrrrybody in the club get tipsy" "i like the way you do that right thuuuurr" ect ect

-put plenty of 808's in it. make sure you skimp on the beat and lyrics as much as possible, you gotta remember, you want a 2 year old to repeat it, so dont get all extra metaphorical or use more then a 2 sylable word.

now get it to the lable execs, and watch the awkward old white dudes tap there hands and feet to there new found smash hit

there you go, the ingredients to spoon feed the masses and have your own ringtone

May 25, 2005
nonstop_ga said:
naw ill tell you what makes a instant hit song....

-the beat has to be simple, and irritating as fuck... the hook has to be some, "man my 8 yr old cousin coulda came hotter then that"

-you gotta have the "in at the moment" producer, OR rapper cosign for you

-shoot a video wit a bunch of females havin a good time and the dopest car you cant afford

-coin a catch phrase i.e "girrrrl shake that laffy taffy" "errrrrybody in the club get tipsy" "i like the way you do that right thuuuurr" ect ect

-put plenty of 808's in it. make sure you skimp on the beat and lyrics as much as possible, you gotta remember, you want a 2 year old to repeat it, so dont get all extra metaphorical or use more then a 2 sylable word.

now get it to the lable execs, and watch the awkward old white dudes tap there hands and feet to there new found smash hit

there you go, the ingredients to spoon feed the masses and have your own ringtone
YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH