What are some good albums by...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I have a record store across the street from me, and most of the artists there have multiple LPs I want to pick up. What are the best albums by these artists:

Cormega
Ice Cube
Cypress Hill
Common
The Roots
People Under The Stairs
Souls of Mischief
De La Soul
Dilated Peoples
James Brown
Jedi Mind Tricks
Kool Keith
Mobb Deep
Swollen Members

Let me know your input. Thanks

Feb 27, 2005
With these artists you can pick any album you want...for mobb deep u can listen to all except Murda Muzik but for the rest u can buy any album IMO

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Alright, then lets change the question. If you could only pick one album out of all of those artists - who would it be?

Do it

Sicc OG
Mar 11, 2005
for mobb deep u can listen to all except Murda Muzik
I don`t agree with that statement, "Murda Muzik" is Mobb Deep in their prime, in my opinion.

But back to your question, Stealth, these are my recommendations (If I had to pick one):
Cormega "The Realness", Ice Cube "Death Certificate", Cypress Hill "Cypress Hill", Common "Ressurection",
The Roots "Illadelph Halflife", Souls of Mischief "93`til Infinity", De La Soul "3 feet high and rising", Mobb Deep "The Infamous".

I would rather check out Ultramagnetic MC`s ("The four horsemen" for instance) than Kool Keith`s solo- projects..

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Good look Do it. I have Illadelph Halflife, Ressurection, and I just got 93 'til Infinity yesterday. I haven't given it a good listen yet. Yesterday I got Stone Raiders and Tribe's Anthology too.

But the record store does't have Ultramagnetic MC's...just a bunch of Kool Keith shit (I'm buying vinyl so its hard as fuck to find rare shit). Which one is his best?

Do it

Sicc OG
Mar 11, 2005
But the record store does't have Ultramagnetic MC's...just a bunch of Kool Keith shit (I'm buying vinyl so its hard as fuck to find rare shit). Which one is his best?
I ain`t a big fan of Kool Keith, so I can`t answer that one. But, if you ever find a LP by the Cenobites, buy it! The group consisted of Kool Keith and Godfather Don. It`s probably out of print now though, Fondle `Em Records released it..

Feb 27, 2005
Do it said:
I ain`t a big fan of Kool Keith, so I can`t answer that one. But, if you ever find a LP by the Cenobites, buy it! The group consisted of Kool Keith and Godfather Don. It`s probably out of print now though, Fondle `Em Records released it..
Good info i didn't know that...

for jedi mind tricks=Visions of Ghandi is THE LP...(or violent by design)
mobb deep:the infamous or Hell on earth
cormega=the realness
Cypress hill=cypress hill,black sunday
Ice Cube=The predator
Souls of Mischief='93 til infinity
Kool Keith=DR.Octagon or buy one of ultramagnetics MC's

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Cormega-the realness
Souls of Mischief-trilogy
Jedi Mind Tricks-violent by design
Swollen Members-bad dreams

Feb 8, 2003
Cante-up said:
With these artists you can pick any album you want...for mobb deep u can listen to all except Murda Muzik but for the rest u can buy any album IMO
just like Dmx would say WHAT?

Murda Muzik is one of they best albums. That classic song Quiet Storm is on there. Song still classic

May 4, 2002
www.myspace.com
Stealth said:
Alright, then lets change the question. If you could only pick one album out of all of those artists - who would it be?

WTF IS CUZZ SMOKIN ON U NEED TO LEAVE THEM DIPS ALONE HOMIE ... lol
ltalkin bout sum DONT BUY MURDA MUZIK that is tha only mobb deep i went out n copped steada DL'n it... g-shit

but get VBD first.. <<classic my fav ever dam near.

... eh n cormega .. THa Realness or The True MEaning

... yea but man COP VBD N MURDA MUZIK B4 anyothers IMØ

Feb 27, 2005
Cesolito #1 said:
Murda Muzik is one of they best albums. That classic song Quiet Storm is on there. Song still classic
I didn't feel murda muzik at all,after Hell on earth the Lp sounds wack to me.Quiet Storm is a classic i agree with u that's why the song was put twice in the album.IMO even the tracks with G RAP and Chief Rae are not fire which is very uncommon from these cats...
I bought the LP when it came out and i sold it like one month later because i was listening only a few tracks...maybe i got to listen to it again but im not sure i will like it...

Jan 30, 2004
Ice Cube - Amerikkka's Most Wanted
Cypress Hill - Cypress Hill
Common - anything but electric circus
The Roots - this is one of those groups everyone likes but i can't really get into them.
People Under The Stairs - O.S.T.
Souls of Mischief - if you already have 93 til, then get some Del albums instead
De La Soul - 3 ft, dead, & buhloone are all good
James Brown - a best of maybe?
Jedi Mind Tricks - violent by design
Kool Keith - all his solo's are so so to me. ultramagnetic is a better choice
Mobb Deep - the infamous

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Cormega-The Realness
Common-Electric Circus or BE
The Roots-Phrenology or The Tipping Point
De La Soul-The Grind Date
Dilated Peoples-Expansion Team
James Brown-Night Train, Pure Dynamite, any of the "Live at the Apollo" records, Sex Machine, The Original Disco Man
Jedi Mind Tricks-Violent By Design
Kool Keith-Matthew, Spankmaster
Mobb Deep-The Infamous or Hell on Earth
Swollen Members-Bad Dreams