Web Page Software Question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 24, 2004
I am looking for educated opinions. I need help. I am currently trying to establish a Web Site for a non-profit organization. With basic computer skills I plan on acquiring a domain name and if possible I want the seller of the domain name to supply me with Web Site designing software. Yahoo has been the only service I research. Do any of you use Yahoo? Is there a better service for the basic computer user than Yahoo? What domain sellers should I stay away from?
All EDUCATED opinions are appreciated because all in all it's for the youth of my community.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
I buy domains from Godaddy.com. They are fast, and the customer service is top notch. They also do webhosting as well. You can find better prices for hosting, but if someone else is paying for it try with a reputable host such as godaddy. As for software. Yahoo's pagebuilder is crap. I used to mess with it back in the day when making geocities pages. If you're looking for good page building software, there is a wysiwyg application by the name of coolpage pro. This software allows you to create the site locally on your computer, then upload your html files along with your images/audio etc, to your webhost ( ex. godaddy ) with an ftp client. Your host will provide you with all of your ftp info and an admin user name and password too. If you ever need help, holla.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Mr. Samos said:
Notepad is the best.
Lol dude is just starting out. Notepad would be like throwing him into the ocean and watching him sink.

And sacking916, I'm not sure if they do. Search around their site, it hasn't crossed my mind because I haven't used any design software in years.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Shit for a free host with unlimited bandwith and space is hostultra.only thing is you cant host mp3's or zip files and no cgi-bin. Check it out slowpoke.