Turntable mixer?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I took everyone's advice last time, hit up e-bay, and got myself a Numark TTX and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I'm still working off a shitty belt drive for the instrumentals, but I'm scratching on the TTX.

I want to get a mixer that has a reverse fade, some type of sound effect, kill switch, either 2 or 3 lines, a little bit of "flare" to it if you know what I mean. I found some Behringer mixers online that seemed to have everything I needed for between $70.00 and $100.00.

I'm just wondering what kind of mixers you guys use, what you'd recommend for a price range of 70-120. What kind of features are important, what do you think isn't that important. Basically, how can I tell the difference between a nice mixer and a shitty one.

I know its a night and day difference between my TTX and Gemini tables. Are mixers the same way?

Good look all ~

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Is there anything cheaper that you can recommend? I dont have the $$ to purchase something $200-500 ( I just spent most of my dough on the TTX). I understand that if I dont buy something top of the line, eventually I'll have to, so I should just spring for it now. But for the sake of saving a few bucks, what kind of mixer is suitable for my price range?

What makes a Vestax or RANE so much better than the rest?

Feb 8, 2004
www.youtube.com
The less scrill,the less you can do with the mixer you purchase.I was doin the 2 to 3 hundred mixers but they wasent feelin what i do so i had to spend the big bucks on a Rane mixer.I needed the optical fader so my fader wouldent bleed or get that snow sound.If you can find a mixer at your price range with an optical fader that would help.....and maybe some countour options.....I do alot of scratching,thats why I needed the Rane.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Dog like the saying goes "what starts out cheap ends up being expensive".....If yer gonna try skratching, u NEED a mixer with a good fader....sorry to say but u ain't gonna find one for $100 lol...Just SAVE yer money and get a good one....Trust me, you'll get a "starter" one now and then find the fader and features suck, and then you'll hafta buy a good one!

Oct 10, 2004
MARK I GOT SOME SICK ASS CD TURNTABLES WITH A MIXER (I WONT FRONT I DUNNO HOW TIGHT THEY ARE)I THINK THE WHOLE LIL SET UP WAS AROUND 5-7 HUNDRED IS THAT ANY GOOD?WHAT CAN BE DONE WITH THE SHIT OH MASTER OF MIXING

May 31, 2005
save and get a RANE 56, the fader will NEVER wear out and if it does rane will replace it for free, its expensive, (which is why i dont have my own yet) but its worth it, dont fuck with vestax, since you wont be able to afford the Rane for a while, get a stanton with a FOCUS FADER, remember that, that will also NEVER be anything less then perfect, thats what i use (Stanton SK-2F), had it for about 2 years and a month and im still abusin it everyday and its takin all of it like Jenna Jameson, the only problem i have with is.... fuck i dont even know what its called, but i guess i could say crossfader button? the shit your holding while yur scratching thats apart of the fader, that shit recently came off so i put like a lil piece of paper in it to hold on to the actual fader, but thats nothin, u can buy more of those i just choose not to cuz im cheap, but yea the actual fader still works brand new... i picked it up for 250 at Guitar Center but only because somebody returned it like a day later, the retail is like 399, but that was like 2 years ago so u could probably get it for about 2 somethin now, i highly recommend that for yur budget

May 9, 2003
www.soundclick.com
get a Vestax PMC 05 pro III
speaking from hands on experience..i got the pro II...real satisfied product no problems, easy to clean the faders...plate comes right off...the curve for fader is amazing....gettin the III in a few months..these krk's broke my ass!