tuna for dayyzzzzz

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2004
thailand i think. seen it earlier on yahoo website. The poor dudes were about to be cashed out on it buy some group but then the fish died. Sucks for them. I cant believe a freshwater fish got that big

Red Ryda 916

Lakota Sioux
Jun 12, 2004
South Sac/Wounded Knee
Wed Jun 29, 6:04 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Fishermen in northern Thailand have caught the biggest catfish on record -- a 646-pound (293-kg) giant the size of a grizzly bear -- and eaten it, the WWF and the
National Geographic Society said on Wednesday.

The giant catfish, believed to be the largest freshwater fish ever found, was caught along the Mekong River, home to more species of massive fish than any river on Earth.

"We've now confirmed that this catfish is the current record holder, an astonishing find," Dr Zeb Hogan, a WWF Conservation Science Fellow, said in the joint statement.

Local environmentalists and government officials tried to negotiate the release of the fish so it could continue its spawning migration in the far north of Thailand but the adult male died and was eaten in a remote village, it said.

The Mekong giant catfish is southeast Asia's largest and rarest fish and the focus of a National Geographic Society project headed by Hogan to study freshwater fish greater than 6.5 feet or 220 pounds (100 kg).

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=585&e=2&u=/nm/20050629/sc_nm/environment_fish_dc

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Damn that Catfish is huge. I have seen Grizzly bears up close before and those animals are big. Just thinking of a fish as big as one is fucking crazy. I bet that village is going to be eating Catfish for the next month or two.

Nuttkace

Sep 28, 2004
Biggest animal I've ever seen up close and personal ( besides elephants at the zoo because they're like 300 feet away behind cages ) was this huge ass horse. Me and my ex were up in this scenic area for a .... Lumberjack's Festival ( don't ask.. he was odd ) and one of the attractions was a covered wagon ride. And you could see the horses. I forget the name of the breed but they are the biggest work horses available. Thing's head was as long as most of my body. Hooves bigger than dinner plates. I got to pet one and he was friendly.

Never seen a bear up close..

Still want the fish as a pet.