Too Short then and now

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 24, 2004
What do most of you homies on here perfer Too Short in the mid and late 90's or him now.

I enjoyed the style of music he had back in the day, but now he is getting old and his new stlye is not as tight as his old one.

Dec 20, 2003
83 to 96 is when i really bumped short but i like his new stuff but i miss his old sound when the dagerous crew played that live funk it seems like he lost the old p funk style and is more south but i like south beats too but short is classic over a ant banks beat or the dangerous crew imo pz

Dec 25, 2003
Too $hort is kinda played out now; it could be that he was getting kinda wack when he introduced Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz. Believe it or not he brought them to the game and along with ATL and the south blowing up in 97-2000, they were getting ready to blow up wit that crunk shit, but it was $hort Dawg who brought them to the game. NOT THEMSELVES!!!

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
it comes down to a preference of his beats...cause his style hasnt change AT ALL...thats why i havent bumped him in a while,shit got old

Apr 11, 2003
Broadbeach, AUSTRALIA
siccfucc said:
his style hasnt change AT ALL...thats why i havent bumped him in a while,shit got old
personally that's the main thing i love about short, i know exactly what im gettin, and that real simple pimp playa shit never gets old to me personally, eveytime i hear Short kickin it i feel like im hearing to for the first time.

i agree his beats ahve slipped tho, he needs his LIVE instruments back

Nov 3, 2004
Shorts a fool, and always pimpin. i seen him a few weeks back at a club in Scottsdale (AZ). pulled up in a drop Porsche, him and 4 other girls. He chopped it with us for a second. He looks old as hell now, even his goatee is grey. cool as always though

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
FILA|AUS said:
personally that's the main thing i love about short, i know exactly what im gettin, and that real simple pimp playa shit never gets old to me personally, eveytime i hear Short kickin it i feel like im hearing to for the first time.

i agree his beats ahve slipped tho, he needs his LIVE instruments back
i feel what you sayin,and im not saying he is weak now or anything but he isnt doing anything to make me want to buy a new album from him,would rather just bump the old albums,if all i am going to get from a new album is worse beats

Feb 8, 2003
"I smacked that bitch and I smacked her hard" lol

"You little pussy is way too tight for a big black dick like mine to slide in, I take my muthafucking time and ride it" llol

My favorite Too $hort albums are:
SHORT DOGS IN DA HOUSE
SHORTY THE PIMP
GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN
GETTIN IT
WHAT'S MY FAVORITE WORD?
BORN TO MACK

Apr 24, 2004
Daddy Rich said:
83 to 96 is when i really bumped short but i like his new stuff but i miss his old sound when the dagerous crew played that live funk it seems like he lost the old p funk style and is more south but short is classic over a ant banks beat or the dangerous crew imo pz
I agree with this^^^^^^^

Feb 19, 2003
Personally, my favorite Too Short period is the '93-'95 era, but I might be biased because GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN was one of the first albums that got me acquainted w/ the Bay as a hot area for new Street Rap music back in the early '90s (at that time, I was bumpin' mainly South Central L.A. stuff, old school New York Rap from the late '80s and some of the better '90s East Coast Rap). That whole period where Short was working with Ant Banks, Spice 1, Pooh Man (until they had their feud), Goldie, Shorty B, Pee Wee and whoever else was the height of that whole "clean-sounding but still street" era of West Coast Rap music in general (although guys like Khayree, T.C. and the early JT-produced Get Low CDs took the same clean style and added their own touches, which was cool).

As far as his more recent stuff, I personally like WHAT'S MY FAVORITE WORD? and MARRIED TO THE GAME (even if WORD does sound Southern production-wise), but I couldn't really get into his '99-'01 period (CAN'T STAY AWAY, YOU NASTY, CHASE THE CAT). Just my opinion, though.

PEACE!

Aug 4, 2002
Daddy Rich said:
83 to 96 is when i really bumped short but i like his new stuff but i miss his old sound when the dagerous crew played that live funk it seems like he lost the old p funk style and is more south but i like south beats too but short is classic over a ant banks beat or the dangerous crew imo pz
You aint neva lied.