This hamburger is $124 after taxes

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002

BOCA RATON, Fla. (June 21) - A hundred bucks might buy you more than six dozen burgers from McDonald's, but the swanky Old Homestead Steakhouse will sell you one brawny beef sandwich for the same price.

Boca Raton Mayor Steven Abrams could barely speak between bites as he devoured the 20-ounce, $100 hamburger billed as the "beluga caviar of sandwiches."

"Heaven on a bun," restaurant owner Marc Sherry said.

The burger debuted Tuesday at the restaurant in the Boca Raton Resort and Club, where a membership costs $40,000 and an additional $3,600 a year.

"We've never had a hamburger on our menu here so we really wanted to go to the extreme," Sherry said, calling it "the most decadent burger in the world."

At about 5 1/2 inches across and 2 1/2 inches thick, the mound of meat is comprised of beef from three continents - American prime beef, Japanese Kobe and Argentine cattle.

The bill for one burger, with garnishing that includes organic greens, exotic mushrooms and tomatoes, comes out to $124.50 with tax and an 18 percent tip included. The restaurant will donate $10 from each sale to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Jun 27, 2002
Most expensive hamburger
The most expensive burger commercially available is the db Double Truffle Burger, created by Chef Daniel Boulud (France) and is available on the menu of Bistro Moderne, New York, NY, USA for US$120 (£64.70). The burger was added to the menu in 2004 and is served exclusively during the black truffle season

http://www.algonquinhotel.com/OakRoom/Releases/popup_perform16.htm

May 19, 2005
Goodfella said:
it should be 100% jap kobe beef for that price

TRUE
i remember seein a burger on TV that was 100% kobe and had organic fois gras in the middle of the burgers.that would make me shoot my load towards my shoes

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Mr. ViNN707 said:
I'm going to dress up like the hamburgler and rob that fuckin place...lol
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

fuck that I can make a way better burger than that, rich people are so dumb sometimes. makes me wonde how they got so damn rich in the first place

what do they do to them cows to make kobe beef so good? I lived in japan for 3 yrs and i can honesty say that i never saw a fuckin cow the whole time i was there!

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
mustynutz said:
Most expensive hamburger
The most expensive burger commercially available is the db Double Truffle Burger, created by Chef Daniel Boulud (France) and is available on the menu of Bistro Moderne, New York, NY, USA for US$120 (£64.70). The burger was added to the menu in 2004 and is served exclusively during the black truffle season
true, nyc has had a few 100 dollar burgers including the original old homestead of nyc. last year they also had a drink here that cost 20,000 a glass but it came with a diamond. anything for good pub

May 4, 2002
www.myspace.com
jayda650 said:
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

fuck that I can make a way better burger than that, rich people are so dumb sometimes. makes me wonde how they got so damn rich in the first place

what do they do to them cows to make kobe beef so good? I lived in japan for 3 yrs and i can honesty say that i never saw a fuckin cow the whole time i was there!

yea real mufuckin talk!

i can hook up sum shit like that and i bet it be seasoned proper than a muthafuck!

gimme $10 i will put in work!

May 19, 2005
L Mac-a-docious said:
They massage the cattle daily and feed them beer...no lie.
ya i saw how they treat them on TV.they have there own lil stalls,they get massaged and brushed,chug a 32 of japanese beer everyday.shit looks soooooooo bomb