The Mexican Report

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 24, 2004
Hows it been homies? Well, I have started my journey in the college world. I've enrolled my self in some college courses at Sacramento City College, and I am no longer on probation (and I feel good about that). I was wondering if the RAZA could help me out with some information. I'm presenting a presentation in my sociology class about the media's interpretation of the average "Mexican". I will be discussing stereotypes along with the economic impact that Mexicans possess. Now, what I need help with is statistics and personal opinion. If possible, I would like to know some good books that state facts and mainly statics. What would also help me is your very own personal feelings toward being Mexican (the struggles you encounter and the stereotypes you hear).

3x6-4

Sicc OG
Jul 23, 2002
I can't help u with readin material, hook me up if you find some on tha subject. But I can offer muh opinion on being sterotyped. First, I am not from Mexico, but I guess being Latino automaticlly makes you Mexican as if Latins come from no where else. Second, because of our Mexican, Latino, etc. surnames folkz think that we can't speak or understand english. Last, mainly applys to young men, we r pressumed as delinquints, felons, or gang members. But that's just muh opinion.

Aug 24, 2004
student.santarosa.edu
sacking916 said:
I've enrolled my self in some college courses at Sacramento City College.
^^^^ thats good homie cause it time that us NORTENO$ come up not only in the streets but in other ways like going to college and making something of ourselves and still reppin that mighty N all at the same time

Apr 24, 2004
I appreciate both of your post. I’ve found an interesting statistic. Did you know that Agriculture is California’s #1 industry, and are economy is in a trade deficit in addition the one factor that is keeping us strong is “produce”. Also 90% of the crops on California fields are picked by Mexicans. Now, you tell me if we are steeling American jobs; because I do not see Americans lined up in the fields looking for work in triple digit weather for $3.75 an hour. I’ll share all the vital information I gather. Once again I do appreciate opinions so if you could help it would be much appreciated.

Jan 30, 2004
myspace.com
sacking916 said:
Hows it been homies? Well, I have started my journey in the college world. I've enrolled my self in some college courses at Sacramento City College, and I am no longer on probation (and I feel good about that). I was wondering if the RAZA could help me out with some information. I'm presenting a presentation in my sociology class about the media's interpretation of the average "Mexican". I will be discussing stereotypes along with the economic impact that Mexicans possess. Now, what I need help with is statistics and personal opinion. If possible, I would like to know some good books that state facts and mainly statics. What would also help me is your very own personal feelings toward being Mexican (the struggles you encounter and the stereotypes you hear).
despite your ways last summer here on the siccness it seems that you have started using your head.keep it up and dont let anyone keep you down from doing what you fell is right.we need educated homeboys not only educated but also employed.

Feb 27, 2004
allz i know is that we are stereotyped to be lazy and that we are only here to take the jobs that the white people dont want, working in the fields. bush said it himself in his state of the union address, that thats what we are here for.

3x6-4

Sicc OG
Jul 23, 2002
Don't get started bout Bush, It's funny that in some pplz minds their actions or words are so true and real to them, that every1 else must be wrong, but hey with 57 mil of tha popular vote he's making sense to some1.