OT-It looks like they're starting up the draft

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 27, 2004
Pending Draft Legislation Targeted for Spring 2005
The Draft will Start in June 2005

There is pending legislation in the House and Senate (twin bills: S 89 and HR 163) which will time the program's initiation so the draft can begin at early as Spring 2005 -- just after the 2004 presidential election. The administration is quietly trying to get these bills passed now, while the public's attention is on the elections, so our action on this is needed immediately.

$28 million has been added to the 2004 Selective Service System (SSS) budget to prepare for a military draft that could start as early as June 15, 2005. Selective Service must report to Bush on March 31, 2005 that the system, which has lain dormant for decades, is ready for activation. Please see website: www.sss.gov/perfplan_fy2004.html to view the sss annual performance plan - fiscal year 2004.

The pentagon has quietly begun a public campaign to fill all 10,350 draft board positions and 11,070 appeals board slots nationwide.. Though this is an unpopular election year topic, military experts and influential members of congress are suggesting that if Rumsfeld's prediction of a "long, hard slog" in Iraq and Afghanistan [and a permanent state of war on "terrorism"] proves accurate, the U.S. may have no choice but to draft.

Congress brought twin bills, S. 89 and HR 163 forward this year, www.hslda.org/legislation...efault.asp entitled the Universal National Service Act of 2003, "to provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons [age 18--26] in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes." These active bills currently sit in the committee on armed services.

Dodging the draft will be more difficult than those from the Vietnam era.

College and Canada will not be options. In December 2001, Canada and the U.S. signed a "smart border declaration," which could be used to keep would-be draft dodgers in. Signed by Canada's minister of foreign affairs, John Manley, and U.S. Homeland Security director, Tom Ridge, the declaration involves a 30-point plan which implements, among other things, a "pre-clearance agreement" of people entering and departing each country. Reforms aimed at making the draft more equitable along gender and class lines also eliminates higher education as a shelter. Underclassmen would only be able to postpone service until the end of their current semester. Seniors would have until the end of the academic year.

I can't believe this shit, I'm 19 and we're the first ones to go.

-Don't know if this is completly reliable, but it doesn't sound made up

FUCK!!!!!

Nov 14, 2002
I don't see the big deal. If I get drafted I go... Because I'm not the type of pussy to sit around and whine about what is the inevitable, and frankly I should be in the service already anyhow... It would have, and still would save me a load of grief.

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
i think you'd be more of a pussy if you were against the draft and didn't whine about it

protesting, petitioning, calling your congressmen, & the like to get your government officials to represent your interests is hardly whining...

Nov 14, 2002
Stop whining about how you should be in the service and go sign your life away.
LoL... You a bitch. Just because you're too pussy to do shit yourself, you'll let other peoples loved ones go and die (if that happens to be the outcome) in your place. At least I don't sit around and pretend that I'm not flat out too damn lazy and probably out of shape to be in the military.

And "sign your life away"??? Tell that to my brother who went through a good shool on the governments dime (and I don't mean by takin' free money on a welfare line), in front of his big fuckin' house and nice cars.

Sep 12, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
Zer0.MediA said:
LoL... You a bitch. Just because you're too pussy to do shit yourself, you'll let other peoples loved ones go and die (if that happens to be the outcome) in your place. At least I don't sit around and pretend that I'm not flat out too damn lazy and probably out of shape to be in the military.

And "sign your life away"??? Tell that to my brother who went through a good shool on the governments dime (and I don't mean by takin' free money on a welfare line), in front of his big fuckin' house and nice cars.
As you know your brother can be called up at ANYTIME he is needed and shipped overseas putting his life in danger. As for you calling me a bitch and being too pussy to do something who are you to fucking talk? What are you enrolled in? That's what I fucking thought. At least I'm not faking that I "want" to join up. If I was you I wouldn't talk about it I would fucking do it. Action speaks louder than words.

Jun 8, 2004
www.KILLMUSICK.com
Itll never happen. We learned the hard way that sending poorly trained foot soliders, into countries to fight people is a bad idea.

Further more, my cousin is in the military and this 'war' in iraq is pretty tame. We arent even using 1/10th of our military power. Why would we need to draft people? It makes no sense at all, to draft 18 year old kids into a war they arent ready or willing to fight in, when we have countless, trained military personal ready, willing and able to fight this war, sitting on their asses in san diego or australia or hawaii or kansas or where ever.

Sep 16, 2002
AaronDontezGr8t said:
Stop whining about how you should be in the service and go sign your life away.

for reals, Zero's all talk...or "type" for that matter..
Zero, go "save yourself some grief" and sign up NOW if you really talk the talk and walk the walk so you can get all those cars and a nice house like your brother....what?? so you'd rather sit here everyday, living your life getting fucked up with your friends and working a 9-5 job, typing like a pedophile on the internet instead???? damn, you ARE all talk and no walk.