Midsummer NFL picks?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I'm goin absolutely fuckin nuts without football season right now. Who do you see steppin it up this year? (PS Don't pick your own team...cuz my own team is the Steelers...and it'd be way too easy to say they're gonna win the Superbowl. Same thing with all you Seahawks fans).

AFC North - I see Cleveland fuckin it up without a QB...Baltimore it depends if they get McNair...Cincinnati it depends on if Palmer recovers quick enough..and Pittsburgh's lookin good.

AFC East - The Jets are rebuilding, and I think the Bills FUCKED themselves in a major way especially w/o a QB. The Patriots had a solid draft but lost a lot of free agents. But the Dolphins have the chance to really step shit up with Culpepper (and maybe Vick in a few years) even if they lost Ricky Williams. I'd love to see the Dolphins beat out the Pats for the division.

AFC Souf - The Texans fucked up in the draft, and the Titans won't be ready to really compete until Vince Young is ready, even though they had a solid draft gettin LenDale White. The Jags had a chance to compete until they lost Jimmy Smith. As long as Addai is a half decent running back, I'm gonna go with the frontrunner Colts.

AFC West - I can never pick this division well. I think Aaron Brooks is better than how he's played, and with Randy Moss and Jerry Porter I could see them rippin it up if he can get down his timing and get the long ball, but the division is way too tough. The Broncos had an AMAZING draft and didn't lose too much, but its still too early to tell if Javon Walker will be ready and how well they'll do without their running backs. KC is always a sick team that disappoints. And who knows how good the Chargers will be with Philip Rivers taking over an already good team. I'm gonna pick my sleeper for this division with KC just because it seems like Denver or San Diego should take it.

AFC Playoff choices: Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Miami, New England, Colts

NFC East - I dont even know if I should try. The Redskins wasted millions on Randle El, but they have a way of using a small quick receiver in their offense instead of throwing the long ball...plus their coaching staff is fucking nasty. But I hate Dan Snyder. The Giants could be good again but I dont see Tiki Barber having a repeat. The Eagles had a solid draft but still have no receiver. The Cowboys (who blow dick) stepped it up by signing TO (who blows dick). So I'm gonna say its gonna be either the Giants or the Cowboys, and lean more toward the Giants for the simple reason that I hate the Cowboys.

NFC North - The Bears didn't draft offense like they should have, instead choosing to draft defense. Just how good is Rex Grossman anyways? Too many question marks. The Lions should just be laughed at. Their offense doesn't use their receivers like it should - Mike Williams is a long ball not a possession receiver, same with Carlos Rogers. And Kitna is more of a possession QB than a power thrower. Green Bay is FUCKED and Favre is a faggot. They have no receivers except Donald Driver and Ahman Green is really gonna feel some pressure after trying to make up for Brett's interceptions. I think the Vikings will be good with Childress but w/o Culpepper or Moss they really need to rebuild. My vote? Chicago by default.

NFC South - Carolina, Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa Bay - this is the divison I know the least about. New Orleans really stepped it up getting Bush and Brees, but it might take a year or two to right the ship. Carolina is the "analysts" pick for the division but I personally never really like them. Atl is probably gonna step it up, but I'm now convinced that Michael Vick will never be a champion. Im gonna say Tampa Bay and Carolina come out of this division.

NFC West - The Rams need some work in a rebuilding year, as do the 49ers. I'm not even gonna get into them. The Seahawks have most of their team back and I see no reason why they wont be a shoe-in for the playoffs. The Cardinals stepped it up on offense and have a very young team, but Matt Leinart wont mean much to them for at least a few more years. They're essentially the same team except Edge will be running the ball. While the Cards are my 2nd favorite team in football, I'm gonna have to say the defense is still too young and they'll need another year. I'm givin it up to the Seahawks.

AFC Playoff choices: Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Miami, New England, Colts

NFC Playoff choices: Dallas, NY G, Bears, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Seattle

What do the rest of you think? Besides that I probably have too much time on my hands.

Mar 16, 2005
Ok I will give it a shot.

AFC EAST---This will be a 2 way race between Miami and patriots. Just because I don't like the Pats I will say Miami takes the division, Culp, ronnie brown and Chambers will be lighting the fields on fire. Buffalo and Jets will be out of it early.

AFC NORTH--As much as I hate to say it Pitt should win the division. If Palmer comes back healthy they will contend, but it may be a few weeks in before he is 100% back (game playing wise) and that week or 2 could cost them the division. Baltimore will be right there if they get McNair...if not they will suck as well....cleveland, nothing to even say here.

AFC SOUTH--Indy, Jax, Tenn, Houston....in that order. Nothing changed as in years past. Indy too strong, jax up & coming (for the 10th year in a row), plus the lose of Jimmy Smith hurt them.

AFC WEST--Since I am restricted from picking my Broncs, I will say KC wins the division, with DENVER 2ND. KC as a nice offense but a suspect defense. San Diego will be playing with Rivers which I think LT & Gates both don't like and the lack of chemistry may show early and often. Oakland could compete if Brooks is better than collins, but I don't think he will be better so another 5 or 6 win season tops for Raiders

AFC PLAYOFFS----Miami, Pitt, Indy, KC, Denver, New England

NFC EAST---Who will be better than Giants? Philly uh no, Washington, uh no, Dallas...MAYBE! Getting TO will make them a better team, but at the same time it could bring them down. I say he gives them a good year though and they come down to last week for division. Give me Giants!

NFC NORTH--Chicago...that's it..nothing else to even say. THIS DIVISION SUCKS!!!

NFC SOUTH--I am sure Carolina will be the hot pick like always, but I am going to say Atlanta takes it this year. in order Atlanta, Tampa, Carolina, Orleans

NFC WEST--Seattle and that's it.....the rest will finish like this...Rams, Cards, Niners.

NFC PLAYOFFS Giants, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Tampa, Dallas

AFC PLAYOFFS----Miami, Pitt, Indy, KC, Denver, New England

1st round indy pitt get byes Denver @ KC New England @ Miami

2nd round Denver @ Pitt Miami @ Indy

3rd round Denver @ Indy

NFC PLAYOFFS Giants, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Tampa, Dallas

1st round Seattle Chicago get byes Tampa @ Giants Dallas @ Atlanta

2nd round Giants @ Chicago Atlanta @ Seattle

3rd round Giants @ Seattle

Super Bowl

Denver vs Seattle

Denver winning it all. Ok you said no homerism allowed but hey I didn't pick them to win the division....lol

May 22, 2006
Broncos vs Cowboys.
Broncos win it all..

(i'm a 49er fan by the way, if i even said they'd make the playoffs i'd be lying. I think the only thing they'll be fighting for is the 1st pick in the draft again.)

Aug 16, 2002
Stealth said:
I'm goin absolutely fuckin nuts without football season right now. Who do you see steppin it up this year? (PS Don't pick your own team...cuz my own team is the Steelers...and it'd be way too easy to say they're gonna win the Superbowl. Same thing with all you Seahawks fans).

AFC North - I see Cleveland fuckin it up without a QB...Baltimore it depends if they get McNair...Cincinnati it depends on if Palmer recovers quick enough..and Pittsburgh's lookin good.

AFC East - The Jets are rebuilding, and I think the Bills FUCKED themselves in a major way especially w/o a QB. The Patriots had a solid draft but lost a lot of free agents. But the Dolphins have the chance to really step shit up with Culpepper (and maybe Vick in a few years) even if they lost Ricky Williams. I'd love to see the Dolphins beat out the Pats for the division.

AFC Souf - The Texans fucked up in the draft, and the Titans won't be ready to really compete until Vince Young is ready, even though they had a solid draft gettin LenDale White. The Jags had a chance to compete until they lost Jimmy Smith. As long as Addai is a half decent running back, I'm gonna go with the frontrunner Colts.

AFC West - I can never pick this division well. I think Aaron Brooks is better than how he's played, and with Randy Moss and Jerry Porter I could see them rippin it up if he can get down his timing and get the long ball, but the division is way too tough. The Broncos had an AMAZING draft and didn't lose too much, but its still too early to tell if Javon Walker will be ready and how well they'll do without their running backs. KC is always a sick team that disappoints. And who knows how good the Chargers will be with Philip Rivers taking over an already good team. I'm gonna pick my sleeper for this division with KC just because it seems like Denver or San Diego should take it.

NFC East - I dont even know if I should try. The Redskins wasted millions on Randle El, but they have a way of using a small quick receiver in their offense instead of throwing the long ball...plus their coaching staff is fucking nasty. But I hate Dan Snyder. The Giants could be good again but I dont see Tiki Barber having a repeat. The Eagles had a solid draft but still have no receiver. The Cowboys (who blow dick) stepped it up by signing TO (who blows dick). So I'm gonna say its gonna be either the Giants or the Cowboys, and lean more toward the Giants for the simple reason that I hate the Cowboys.

NFC North - The Bears didn't draft offense like they should have, instead choosing to draft defense. Just how good is Rex Grossman anyways? Too many question marks. The Lions should just be laughed at. Their offense doesn't use their receivers like it should - Mike Williams is a long ball not a possession receiver, same with Carlos Rogers. And Kitna is more of a possession QB than a power thrower. Green Bay is FUCKED and Favre is a faggot. They have no receivers except Donald Driver and Ahman Green is really gonna feel some pressure after trying to make up for Brett's interceptions. I think the Vikings will be good with Childress but w/o Culpepper or Moss they really need to rebuild. My vote? Chicago by default.

NFC South - Carolina, Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa Bay - this is the divison I know the least about. New Orleans really stepped it up getting Bush and Brees, but it might take a year or two to right the ship. Carolina is the "analysts" pick for the division but I personally never really like them. Atl is probably gonna step it up, but I'm now convinced that Michael Vick will never be a champion. Im gonna say Tampa Bay and Carolina come out of this division.

NFC West - The Rams need some work in a rebuilding year, as do the 49ers. I'm not even gonna get into them. The Seahawks have most of their team back and I see no reason why they wont be a shoe-in for the playoffs. The Cardinals stepped it up on offense and have a very young team, but Matt Leinart wont mean much to them for at least a few more years. They're essentially the same team except Edge will be running the ball. While the Cards are my 2nd favorite team in football, I'm gonna have to say the defense is still too young and they'll need another year. I'm givin it up to the Seahawks.

NFC Playoff choices: Dallas, NY G, Bears, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Seattle

What do the rest of you think? Besides that I probably have too much time on my hands.

Pretty Much agree wit everything you said except for the Comment on Jacksonville...They Drafted Marcedes Lewis who is better than any tightend they have ever had! Matt Jones had a damn good season last year and Playoffs look for him to step his game up and I am still waiting for Reggie Lewis or what ever his last name is to step it up and become a star receiver!

Mar 16, 2005
Pino said:
Raiders = paper champs, just like they've been the past few years

I'm a Raiders & Niners fan, so I aint hatin. I'm just tellin it like it is.
Oakland's paper's maybe, the rest of the country's papers though...different story.

Apr 14, 2003
im just gonna give my playoff picks....cause that was way to much reading for me

NFC -
Dallas
Seattle
Carolina
Chicago
Washington
Arizona

AFC-
Indy
Denver
Cincinatti
KC
New England
Pittsburg

I wonder what S.D. is going to do though.

Jan 4, 2006
fuckin Raiders need to stop ruining my football season. its like a Thizz hangover after they lose every weekend leading to states of depression...(i know i have a problem) cant even watch SC for a week, cuz if i see the score it pisses me off even more.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
^I know....yet I still can't miss any televised game.....and I still need the updates quarter by quarter on my phone.....

I'm not writing paragraphs, but here are my picks:

nfc division:
redskins
falcons
seahawks
bears

wild card: cowboys & 49ers.....just kidding, there's no way the 9ers will make it to 8-8, let alone the playoffs....panthers narrowly beat out the cardinals for the final wildcard spot

afc division:
bengals
colts
broncos
dolphins

wildcard: steelers, patriots (although in a horrific turn of events before the playoffs, tom brady shoots teddi bruschi, then turns the gun on himself...there are rumors that bill bellicheck told him to do it, there is nothing confirmed & no charges are brought up....the patriots as a team decide they are unable to continue, and the raiders advance & win the superbowl, raiders fans across the rejoice and now recognize tom brady's death as Fuck The Tuck Day)

Jan 2, 2004
Stealth said:
The Lions should just be laughed at. Their offense doesn't use their receivers like it should - Mike Williams is a long ball not a possession receiver, same with Carlos Rogers. And Kitna is more of a possession QB than a power thrower.
I think this has been a terrible offseason for the Lions..

Mike Williams isn't any type of reciever, he's just a slow fat reciever who is tall... He's never going to amount to anything in this league... Charles Rogers will probably get busted for pot again and he'll be done for a year, and his career will be pretty much over.. Roy is a great reciever if he can stay healthy..

They have two mediocre quarterbacks instead of two bad quarterbacks, so I guess that's an improvement.. I see McCown getting the starting job, though..

They didn't improve the line at all.. In a year where Steve Hutchingson and Kevin Mawae switched teams, the Lions didn't even attempt to go after either, and the O-Line is the reason why the Lions suck..

And, besides the Ernie Sims pick, which I like, they didn't improve the defense at all.. They have Bly and Bryant at corners, and Bryant is due to miss 14 games a season, since he is a bum.. The LB core is solid with E. Sims, B. Bailey, T. Lehman and E. Holmes.. They have a good amount of depth and youth there.. Plus, good veteran leadership with Holmes.. There DEs are alright. Hall is a good DE, hopefully he'll be healthy this year.. Kalimba Edwards has been a bust, but we'll see if he can do anything.. DTs are alright, too.. Rogers is a beast, we know that, and Shaun Cody is a quick DT, which is what the coach wants, but I think he's too small to play DT in the NFL, but we'll see..

Overall, I think they got worse instead of better, but maybe the guy can coach, who knows? Maybe Martz will get something out of the offense, but with the line that we have, I really doubt it...

Picks:
AFC North- Pittspurgh
AFC South- Patriots
AFC East- Colts
AFC West- Broncos
AFC Wildcards- Chiefs & Jaguars

NFC North- Da Bears
NFC South- Panthers
NFC East- Cowboys
NFC West- Seahawks
NFC Wildcards- Eagles & CARDINALS

NFC Winner: Panthers
AFC Winner: Broncos

SB XLI Champ: Broncos

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
AFC
West: Broncs
East: Pats
North: Bengals
South: Jax
Wild Card: Kansas City and Pitts

NFC
West: Cards
East: Giants
North: Vikings
South: Panthers
Wild Card: 49ers and Tampa

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
ThiZZmAtiC510 said:
lol but you got on me for liking the Lakers and Warriors?
im a niners fan and i hate the raiders but i could feel the folks that like both the niners and raiders. my pops is like that and a couple other cats i know its just all bay love. but ya know likin the warriors and lakers its like the bay vs. la thang. that's like likin the angels and the a's or the giants and dodgers(not as much of a rivalry) but ya catch my drift.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Haha good man Vamps...even if we aren't supposed to pick our favorite team...I guess I'll let it slide since you did use to own this whole damn thing haha.

Goooo Steelboys!