Known Associates review and your own thoughts

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 12, 2002
www.myspace.com
this is a ~ CD REVIEW: Apt. III/DNA Ent./Crosshair Records Present "Known Associates" ~ done by Triple X Rated that was posted in the Bart forum and thought it was apporiate to paste it up over here :

This is my very first review in the Siccness. I usually don’t do reviews, but after listening to this dope ass compilation, I just had to do it. Please keep in mind this is my personal opinion. If you disagree with any of my ratings please feel free to express your opinion, but don’t expect me to change my rating through your opinions.

Apartment III, DNA Entertainment and Crosshair Records put together one of the best compilations, “Known Associates.” This compilation features the best in the Bay Area rap industry. Bay Area artists and groups such as Young D Boyz, Cold World Hustlers, Dush Tray, Malice, U.D.I., ADR of Triple 6, 11/5, 2-Illeven, Neva Legal, Ad Kapone of Totally Insane, C-Fresh of I.M.P., San Quinn, Dubee, RhythmX, D-Moe, Young Dru, and many more step up their game to produce a high quality album. The cross collaborations brings great diversity in this album. If you don’t have this album yet, copp this shit now! As a long time collector and seller, I highly recommend this album to every bay area rap enthusiast. Holla at Gabe [[email protected]] for further purchasing details or copp it at your local record store!

¤¤¤¤¤ = VERY TIGHT
¤¤¤¤ = TIGHT
¤¤¤ = WORTH LISTENING
¤¤ = NOTHING SPECIAL
¤ = SKIPPABLE

1. INTRO ~ TC (1:20)
This is a simple intro by TC giving shot outs to artists featured in the compilation and areas around the bay. There's nothing special here, just a plain intro over a koo beat. ¤¤

2. LOCKDOWN RAPS ~ AD KAPONE OF TOTALLY INSANE (0:50)
Ad Kapone does a short freestyle over the phone while in jail. Straight lyrics no beat. It’s worth listening to. ¤¤¤

3. IT'S GOIN DOWN ~ YOUNG DRU, KADOFFI OF YOUNG D BOYZ & MALICE (4:13)
This track has a catchy chorus and beat. I personally like this song a lot. It can pass as a radio song. There’s some kind of Middle Eastern instrument in the background that makes the track what it is! ¤¤¤¤

4. THIS IS HOW IT GOES ~ E-SIC, HENNESSY, MENNACE-MAN & MAINE-O (3:52)
"My Niggas and my city is all I know.. I swear I get hated everywhere I go... talking down on my name because I claim Killahoe.. bitch this is how it goes..." This is some straight pimpin ass track. CLASSIC! Nuff Said!! ¤¤¤¤¤

5. NO MEANS YES ~ MALICE (3:42)
Malice gone madd on this track.. This is some psycho killer type shit. Malice talks about rape and killin pussy, literally! This track got some graphic lyrics over a dope ass beat! Another classic in the making. ¤¤¤¤¤

6. BAY LUV ~ NEVA LEGAL & AD KAPONE (3:47)
This is a remake of the Totally Insane’s “Bay Luv.” This is a laid-back track with new lyrics by Neva Legal and Ad Kapone. This is a straight summer track! Although it is a remake, I personally like the old version better with Mocha singing the hooks. ¤¤¤¤

7. CUTTHROATS ~ COLD WORLD HUSTLERS, UDI & TAYDATAY (3:36)
This track sounds as if the track was made around 1996-1998. The beat is dope as fuck and lyrics make this track raw! ¤¤¤¤¤

8. EVERYTIME ~ RHYTHMX, KAVEO & SAN QUINN (3:40)
This is another one of those tracks that can pass for radio play. It has a catchy ass beat! It’s been a while since I heard of new material by RhythmX! If I were to choose one thing I didn’t like about this track, it’s that damn sound effect of that car honking and zooming right by. Shit sounds hella realistic if you’re bumping this in your car. For a minute, I thought I was about to hit by car n shit! LOL! ¤¤¤¤¤

9. LIVIN ON WOMEN ~ JAMEZ MAC OF 2-ILLEVEN & DUBEE (3:36)
This is a collaboration by 2 of the best bay rappers! The beat samples The Clipse’s “Grindin.” It’s not the exact beat, but a small part in that song. This track is good, but there’s something about it that’s missing. Despite the missing unknown element, this is still a good track to bump. ¤¤¤¤

10. IT'S REAL ~ JENAI & C-FRESH OF ILL MANNERED POSSE (4:24)
This is an R&B track that features C-Fresh. It’s okay, but I’m not a huge R&B fan so it may be tight for those who enjoy R&B. ¤¤¤

11. DIRTY UP MY DOCKERS ~ KADOFFI OF YOUNG D BOYZ (3:18)
This is one of the best Kadoffi track I’ve ever heard! Again, the beat is sicc and Kadoffi’s flows make it even better! ¤¤¤¤

12. WHAT IS IT? ~ UDI (3:13)
This is a laid back UDI track. If you own their albums you’d know what I’m talking about. The song could have been better, but it is what it is. It’s worth listening to. ¤¤¤

13. JERSEY TO FRISCO ~ NOBLE OF OUTLAWZ, THA GAMBLAZ & D-MOE (4:27)
I didn’t like this song for some reason. The minute I heard the beat and lyrics, I just skipped the damn track. NEXT! ¤

14. WHEN I TOUCH DOWN ~ DUSH TRAY (3:22)
This is a dope ass Dush Tray track. He brought back his jazzy-like beat on this track. It’s been a long time since I’ve heard of any new Dush Tray material. How about a new album?? ¤¤¤¤

15. MR. DOPEMAN ~ RJ AKA BLACK MADNESS (3:40)
This track samples an old school beat. I am not sure what beat (maybe a Phat Kat beat) this track samples, but I never really liked that beat from the get go. This song is alright. It’s not tight, but it isn’t weak. It’s just an average track in my opinion. ¤¤¤

16. SNITCHES ~ DEGO & MALICE (3:52)
This is a koo track to bump. It’s another one of those story-like tracks that talks about killin. The beat blends perfectly with their verses. ¤¤¤¤

17. TIME KEEPS TICKIN ~ BALDHEAD RICK OF UNLV (4:14)
Nick Peace came through with the productions on this track. The beat and verses is okay. There’s nothing catchy with this track except for Baldhead Rick’s fast spitting rap style. ¤¤¤

18. HOTEL RAPS ~ KAOZ THE ASSASSIN, TONY FRANCIS OF YOUNG D BOYZ, MALICE & TOM BELUSHI (3:10)
This track got some bump in it! All artists in this track came sicc wit it! This is another one of my favorite tracks. ¤¤¤¤¤

19. SH!TTALKIN ~ MALICE, LUGGS OF 2-ILLEVEN, TOWER, NASTY NATE, T-SPOON, C-FRESH OF ILL MANNERED POSSE, SNAKE EYES & BLAK BASSTUDS (5:56)
This track is sicc as fuck. The beat sounds old school as well. The beats is similar to Cellski’s “Canadian Bacon and Hash Browns.” All of the artists in this track gives it its flavor. Don’t sleep on this track! ¤¤¤¤

20. MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE ~ ADR LAVEY OF TRIPLE 6 & MALICE (5:12)
ADR and Malice came sicc in this acid rap track. If you don’t know what acid rap is like, please refer to Esham, Natas, ICP, Halfbreed, etc. This track is sicc because it is different from the rest of the tracks. This is some straight devilish shit! SICC SHIT! I swear Malice is gettin ready to kill somebody! ¤¤¤¤

21. LOCKDOWN RAPS 2 ~ AD KAPONE OF TOTALLY INSANE (1:00)
Ad Kapone does another short freestyle over the phone while in jail. ¤¤¤

G-ro

Sicc OG
Jun 6, 2002
first: thanks Gabe for the fast shipment on my order
second: thanks to APT3/DNA Ent. & Crosshair Rec. for giving me the opportunity to listen to quality music from some OG Bay legends... I mean this comp is just dope... this is the kind of music I like (Mark7 beat for Jamez Mac & Dubee is just scandalous, same for Rhythm X production)
For all those who want the mobb beats we all used to listen back in the days, you got it today, in 2005!!! I don't have nothing to say about the features, line up speaks for itself!

just one request Gabe, don't neva quit bringing Dope to this game...
props to the "KNOWN ASSOCIATES" for staying true to the OG bay music roots

thanks again!

Mar 16, 2004
CLassic shit apt3 never lets me down. This is the best music out right now. Ever apt3 cd tight they should go diamond 10 million sold. THIS IS HOW IT GOES Fuckin tight ass song I cant stop hearing it.