Is Atlanta the reason why the diry south is crunk ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
Hell naw. Crunk shyt started in Memphis, Atlanta stole that style. Them wack ass rappers outta Atlanta are the reason why the other cities look down on the rap coming out of the south.

Aug 7, 2002
atlanta didn't steal it....memphis and atlanta are coo wit each other so it's coo dat they share it....lettin other type of people hear some new type of crunk shit and just havin fun....it be some crunk shit like sum lil scrappy that be better then some memphis shit but doesn't mean that i'll say atlanta started that crunk shit....theres people that i know that say atlanta started that crunk shit i be like na memphis....but at da same time i dont wanna be serious all about it because i really dont give a fuck ya know?...i listen to ''crunk'' music where ever theres ''crunk'' music

May 15, 2002
Carlos...I seen you post a million stupid things. I even seen you say that if the Lakers didnt win the championship this year, then somebody can fuck u in the ass. So please, your words have no place in this thread.

Aug 7, 2002
^^you fuckin dumb...that lakers shit me talkin bout that I wasn't bein serious about it...are you mad cuz atl are makin crunk music now and memphis are shitty now? i know memphis crunk music is waay better then atl but atl is hot rightnow so shut da fuc up...

May 15, 2002
carlos said:
^^you fuckin dumb...that lakers shit me talkin bout that I wasn't bein serious about it...are you mad cuz atl are makin crunk music now and memphis are shitty now? i know memphis crunk music is waay better then atl but atl is hot rightnow so shut da fuc up...
So Im dumb because you said u want somebody to fuck you in the ass if the Lakers dont win the championship this season?

Feb 8, 2003
M-1 said:
crunk and GanGsta-walkin has it's roots in Memphis

Exactly, You hit it right on top pimpin.

I'm originally from Memphis and I moved up here when I was 5 and when I went back to visit fam in the early 90's Memphis was always getting crunk before Altanta thought about it.

Do the names DJ Squeeky, Tommy Wright III, Kingpin Skinny Pimp(In his Skinny But Dangerous tape days), DJ Paul(when he was broke and they were called triple six mafia & Da Serial Killaz)

May 15, 2002
Cesolito #1 said:

I'm originally from Memphis and I moved up here when I was 5 and when I went back to visit fam in the early 90's Memphis was always getting crunk before Altanta thought about it.

Do the names DJ Squeeky, Tommy Wright III, Kingpin Skinny Pimp(In his Skinny But Dangerous tape days), DJ Paul(when he was broke and they were called triple six mafia & Da Serial Killaz)
Thank u for backin me up on this shyt. These ignorant fools really believe that crunk shyt started in Atlanta. As a matter of fact, its been alotta styles stolen from Memphis that other cities blew up from and never gave Memphis a bit of credit.

Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
theres been more styles took from atlanta then being took by the atl. clothing rappin and whips is the first thing to come to mind. i know folkz in memphis that hustle like atl. i think ya'll stickin your foot where it don't belong. and as far as crunk, it don't represent just a city but the whole south.

Aug 9, 2002
everyone knows IN THE SOUTH that tha crunk/buck music started im tha m-town...so their aint no one even trippin on that shit...but tha word crunk been floating around tha south fo a long ass time...i know ive always used it since back in tha early 90's...

lifesourcerec

The 865 Archive
Oct 15, 2003
www.steelsolid.net
Cesolito #1 said:

Yep. I remember when Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz use to come to Memphis all the time to perform at strip clubs. This was in the mid to early 90's. He was a no name then when Memphis was already crunk.